• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

England 14th century

Clivia

Senior Registered
Hello everybody,
Has anybody memories which s/he does not mind to share about a life in the UK in the 14 th century ?
On my first guided PL regression 3 lives came up - two of which I was not surprised at all - one as a male native American - very difficult to say which time and one as an Indian female - guess this was my incarnation exactly before my current one.
However the life which came up first and of which I got to 'see' the most details and of which I was really surprised was one in england - as a male - in the later half of the 14th century.
I am grateful for all replies
best wishes Civia

Hello Clivia,

Well I believe I lived in England in the first part of the 1300's, but so far I've had only few actual memories of the time.

Karoliina

Hello Karoliina

thanks for your reply.

The person who was my mother in this english life was finnish in her last incarnation - one of the most wunderful people I met - she died exactly 9 years ago - on the 26 of October - the austrian national holiday - celebrating that austria was finally free.

When I met her in the early 90s I did not know of this past life though I felt an immediate connection - which was later confirmed by her - although I can't remember that we spoke directly about the fact that she has been my mother in a previous life ( most likly in more than one life ) we both knew about the very special bond - I learned so much from her - she was teaching without teaching and I just could ask her about anything. Occasionally she visits me in my dreams - which always leaves me with a lot of energy

best wishes

Clivia

That is a very sweet story, Clivia. :) It's amazing to be reunited with people, who are deep in our inner soul circle. I have been blessed with a reunion like that, too. :thumbsup:

Karoliina

I thought it's time to share why I started this thread :

The very reason why I hesitated to post this past life memory earlier is because I don't want to be kept crazy – and I don’t blame anybody to be suspicious – maybe I would be as well.

Only very few people ( till now :) ) know about it – but as two wonderful people from this forum encouraged me to share this memory – I finally decided to do so.

I am not running around claiming to have been this person - however there are strong indications and my feelings tell me that I have been - he was nobody great - more thanks to Shakespeare a bit known.

To cut a long story short this is what happened:

Approximately 1994 - I lived in Geneva and got to know a regression therapist and went for my first guided regression - 3 lives came up - 2 of which I was not surprised at all - one most probably the incarnation before this life - as an Indian female - nothing special - the second as a native American - difficult to say when - feelings 17th, 18th century - guess Hopi - the life which took me totally by surprise was the first one - the one of which I got the most details - and this was before I was aware of my past life connections to the UK.

I saw myself as a young boy - about 4 years old - on the terrace of a castle - I knew this was England - I saw the old king and my mother whom I immediately recognized as one of my best friends - a wonderful lady - both of us knew that she was a mother to me in at least one most certainly more previous incarnations.

A bit later in this life - still as a boy I was strolling around - outside the castle grounds - I sneaked away secretly - I met an old hermit – somewhat dressed like a monk - with whom I had an interesting talk - this was only our first meeting - we met more often later - he told me that I won't live beyond my 40th birthday - being a young boy I did not give too much importance to that – we had more interesting talks about nature and God – but I can’t remember any details.

The next scene was when the old king had died - I still see myself at his deathbed - and I knew I was the new king - and the thought which I had was 'gosh I am not ready for this!' than I had a few glimpses - like riding and hunting with friends -and a couple more unimportant events - and than there was this final scene when the castle was invaded by some soldiers - I knew this was going to be my end and I was somewhat prepared for it - I just wanted to make sure that this young girl was safe - after that I entered the main hall where I was stabbed to death with a big sword - I don't have any negative thoughts of this moment - I knew it was going to happen - so no revenge no trauma - if at all a certain kind of amusement. I also saw myself barred up and as I was the king in full armour - my soul was floating somewhat under this body and I thought ' strange I am dead now - shouldn’t I be floating above the body?'

It took me about a week after this regression till I actually thought :well if this was not just a tribal chief I might find something historically about him - and having little to no knowledge of English history - yes I knew the names of the kings - but had no clue when they reigned - I went to the next bookshop and bought a book on English history - my mission was to find a king who became king as a minor and died before his 40th birthday - and I found one Richard II) - and when I read about his day of birth it went hot and cold down my spine - as we are born on the very same day - I know this is no proof as millions and more are born on the 6th of January - however in that connection it just told me something.

The wonderful lady, whom I immediately recognized as my mother in that life, was the most elegant lady I knew and I consider myself so lucky that we were meant to meet in this life - we both knew that she was my mother before and there was no question I could not ask - without having an answer - she was a teacher without teaching - her colour was white and long before this regression she gave me a white glass bird - which still has his place of honour on our windowsill - the mother of Richard II was Joan of Kent - 'the white Lady of Kent'! – known also for having been quite spiritual – Joan of Kent’s historical birthday is only a couple of days apart from my friend’s birthday ( same star sign ).

My favourite name for a girl was always Isabella - if I had had a daughter I would have loved to call her Isabella - Richard’s second wife was Isabella - she was a child of 7 years old - so the marriage was not consummated - he treated her kindly as the daughter he never had. When I was little – in the Tyrol Austria , in the 1960s - I had a kindergarten mate whose name was Richard - and as I only heard the German pronunciation I thought there is something odd with this pronunciation - till I heard the first time the name pronounced in English and I immediately thought - that' s right - same thing with the name of Edward - also in this life my great grandfather was Edward – though the German version; Eduard - and I always thought ' that's wrong' till I heard it the first time in English and I just knew that that was the correct way – again Edward is one of my favourite names for a boy.

3 1/2 years ago I moved to Leeds - about 15 miles from Pontefract where Richard died - we went there - and there is a sign where he was supposed to have died - I just knew that that was not the place but that the actual place was in the big hall - off course I only told my husband about that.

I am grateful for any comments.

Clivia

Hi Clivia,

Thanks for sharing your fascinating regression experience. I can understand you being hesitant to post about being somebody as notable as a king in your past-life, but there is nothing about it that makes me suspicious and I think you have a genuine past-life memory here.

You're lucky that there is plenty of documentation for you to research this particular life if you ever feel the need to. Have you considered having any further regression done?

Hope you have a happy birthday on sunday - ;)

Hi Clivia,

Thank you for sharing your memories. :) I understand it can be difficult to share - when you are potentially dealing with someone who was a fairly well-known historical figure. But hey - they reincarnate, too ;)

I think you're approaching it in a good way - taking notes and looking for validations. I think it's important - in any past life work - to let the memories come and then search for information that will validate your experiences.

Keep us posted,

Aili

Hi Clivia, very interesting memories, thank you for telling us about them. Tinkerman

Thanks for bumping this thread up Tman - I hadn't seen it the first time around :) Very interesting memories, Clivia - thank you for sharing them. I'm also curious if you have had more memories of this life?

:)

Clivia, your post was very pleasant to read, for it deals with my favourite historical period, the Hundred years' war.

6th January is also important for me, but for a birth of a maiden, Jeanne, 45 years later (on the 'enemy' side).

I have known the story as Richard II was murdered while kept as a prisoner, and before he was killed he was granted some time to offer his soul to God. But it was done in a prison cell or a place similar.

Of Joan of Kent I knew she had been pretty, but only in her youth, not when Richard was born. I would be really grateful, if you were willing to share more about her.

Skarphedinn

Hello

thank you all for your replies :)

Sunniva I had only a very few flashbacks - and only once did I manage to get back to this lif in a meditation - I was in this huge cathedral together with an architect or designer and we were discussing how to give some final touches.

Generally I find it hard to go back to a specific life. But occasionally thoughts just pop up and let me feel the connections - like Richard was known for very fancy dressing - now I never was a punk or hippy or anything like that and at the moment I dress pretty normally - but I do like things which are just a bit different.

Due to my exhusbands job we attended and host quite a few parties and more than one person told me that I had the reputition to be dressed just a touch differently - they would say 'it looks really great but I would never dare to wear that' (but maybe they were just polite :D )

Skarphedinn

are you referring to Jean d'Arc ?

I am sure you know far more about history than I do - but certainly I don't mind to share what I know - I think it will be easier for me just to answer specific questions - so please don't hesitate to ask.

my wonderfull friend who was my mother in this very life died 1998 - and although we are still connected I can't really ask her - but I will post what ever she would not mind ( due to my feelings ) posting. And as she was the one who gave me the final 'proof' for reincarnation I am sure she likes this forum and would be willing to answer.

Clivia

Thanks for sharing this, Clivia - it was very interesting. :thumbsup:

I remember two or three past lives in which I was connected to a court (not being a ruler, though) and I have never shared any of that information here, so I understand your thoughts. : angel

I believe we are here to go through all aspects of human life and that means we all get or have to experience incarnations in different social classes and situations. So I think your memories have every possibility to be valid. :)

Karoliina

Thank you Karoliina :)

also for your understanding -

yes I also always tell my friends when they ask about reincarnation that I believe that we all had-have or will have lives as 'princes and as paupers' in order to learn the lessons these lives offer - I had many lives in many different situations - from poor to rich. from early on I always respected - and still do so the person not the title

Clivia

Hi Clivia, I posted this 08-04-2006 as "My lives so far" and the 1st life goes like this (a copy from there):

Life as a monk (estimated 1400 AD)

My father was a well doing merchant in a city located somewhere around the southern coast of England. I sense I had three older brothers, and possibly a twin sister who died when both of us were young teens. My old mother got ill too. She lied on a four-poster bed, and I sat on a chair and used to read heavy books to her. I remember the pale light coming from the glass window abowe me... And then she died, also. My father saw that I wasn't very much good at doing work in our shop. One of my brothers had been chosen to continue in our father's job, and I think the brother I liked the most went away to be a soldier. My father was a cold man and he didn't like me at all, nor did my older brothers. The only ones who had cared for me were my dead mother and sister. My father got an idea to put me away in a monastery.

I have a vague sensation about me being in a feast. It was dark and people were dancing and having fun. A lady, older than me, came to me...

When I was in the monastery I met a nice younger boy, and we used to talk a lot to each other. I was almost 20 years old and he was a young teen. I think he was nobility, maby even a prince, and was put into monastery to have education. There was also a woman servant, who liked us both like we were her own sons.

I regognize that boy and that woman from my present life. The boy is my brother now, and the woman is our mother!

My job in the monastery as a novice was to copy books. I remember mixing different kind of powders with egg yolk. Mostly I copied texts, but I also draw pictures with all those beautifull colours.

Somehow I got together with that woman who came to me in that feast. We started to see each other at nights in forests. I remember intense joy about those moments I was with her. She teached me something very important, something spiritual. I fell in love with her, but we weren't lovers. I was her apprentice.

Somebody saw us and we were caught. It's possible I was put into a pit, a storage place under ground, and there were rotten bodies in that pitch black darkness. I almost went mad with terror. Somehow I got free, and heard that my great love was to be burned at stake. I went to my father's house, but they didn't even open the front door to me.

I was forced to watch how my greatest love ever was burned at stake. My horror and sorrow were unbearable.

Later in my life I was made a monk. I started to wander around England, and it's possible I tried to cure people from illnesses, possibly plague. When I was getting old and my dark hair had gone white I met an old friend in his castle (maby the boy who came to be my brother). The castle had been improved somehow, and my hostess was quite proud of it.

Eventually I got very tired with my cursed life, and it's possible I went up stairs in a round tower and trough myself down from the roof.

I think that in this life my name was Thomas, but I'm not sure wether it was my christian name, or I got it after I was consecrated as a monk. As a monk I don't know in what particular group I belonged. My vague guess is Cistercian order. Reddish brown fabric is familiar to me, I think I wore a robe of that colour most of the time. Before I got to be a monk, velvet was very much familiar to me... My family wasn't poor. But as a monk I used to sleep many times on straws on the floor.

Visions:

A fotress made of light brown or yellowish brown stone. A round tower on the corner.

A room with white walls, window on the left, on the right a recess where there is a table to people who read books there. A candle lamp at the ceiling, made of wrought iron, black.

A four-poster bed, on old woman lying on it.

A corner from some church.

Inner imagination, easy to picture in my mind:

White house along a road on a slope. Black door. Glass windows on the second floor.

A house inside: on the second floor a balcony going around the walls, second floor rooms behind those walls. Wide steps between the first and the second floor.

Barrel of flour or something like that. Shelves on the wall, full of all kind of articles for sale.

I think I was borne around the year 1380 or so (just intuition). Since I wrote that all I've seen pictures of the castle of Porchester (mainly some photos a tourist had taken) and that building at some angles lookes something like that castle where I met my old "young" friend. Also I'm not so sure at all wether I was of Cistercian order - it's almost the hardest thing to be sure what kind of a monk I was. Maby it's because I learned to hate it all?

Anyway it was kind of funny to read your opening post and see some kind of little parallers.

:thumbsup:

Hello Josefina :)

thank you so much for this post - it's great to meet somebody who lived at the same time in the same country -and i love to read about it - I would be really interested in anything what you further more like to share about this life.

I googled porchester castle and found this link - go to 'Netley Abbey' and it confirms the cistercian order :)

best wishes

Clivia

Hello Clivia,

I'm new here, but I believe I was from just a weeee bit before your time. I died of the plague, and we were related I think, though I was never as grand as you.

:)

Do you remember that time as cold? Even before I knew anything of it all I recalled was nasty cold, and lives that revolved around avoiding this bitter cold.

Hello Youagain

and welcome :)

I don't think that I have been grand;)

Would you mind sharing a bit more of this particular past life of yours - specially what you mean with a wee bit earlier and how we have been related.

But off course I understand if you don't want to talk about that.

I can't particularly remember an enourmous cold.

Clivia

I died around 1360 so we would have just missed each other.

I'll send you the information in a PM if I may?

I'm still a little uncomfortable discussing this openly, especially considering the fact that there is a picture which is pretty spot on. In otherwords, in spite of changes of coloring, I seem to have held onto the old face almost perfectly.

it is ok to send a pm :) - I fully understand that you don't want to talk about evrything in public

Clivia

YouAgain said:
Do you remember that time as cold? Even before I knew anything of it all I recalled was nasty cold, and lives that revolved around avoiding this bitter cold.
Hello YouAgain,

I had to comment on this, as I have earlier made a remark about my English memories around the mid-1300's on how it seemed to be so cold in every memory. I don't know if it is a coincidence, but I have been pondering if the climate there really was colder in that century. :confused:

Karoliina

PS. Are you really American? You sound so very British to me. :)

Hi Karoliina,

Oh gosh yes, I'm so American I'm Uhmurruhkin!

About the cold, a few years after finding out about the possibility of having been this fellow I read a wonderful book called The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis.

It's fiction and a very easy read, but in the book Willis mentions that Europe was going through something called the "Little Ice Age" at that time, and was therefore colder than usual.

I later looked this up and it was true.

I must say I was pretty surprised to see that something which had seemed little more than a trivial sense could be proven to have been an appropriate reaction to the weather patterns of that time and place!

A Little Ice Age and no heating, Mother of GAWD!

This makes me wonder how the fleas who harbored the black death survived though. Fleas usually die out in winter so I guess that by the time it got to us in Europe the rats or fleas made little difference as the thing was being passed by human hosts.

Do we have any plague historians on the board? I'm sure it has been discussed considering how many of us got a free ticket to a new life out of that wretched plague.

YouAgain said:
About the cold, a few years after finding out about the possibility of having been this fellow I read a wonderful book called The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis.
It's fiction and a very easy read, but in the book Willis mentions that Europe was going through something called the "Little Ice Age" at that time, and was therefore colder than usual.

Thanks for this information, YouAgain! :thumbsup:

I understand you're uncomfortable sharing your experiences about this PL here, but should you change your mind, I'd be curious! Or you can also PM/email me. :)

Karoliina

Greetings Everybody, including Clivia!

Like many of you on this thread, I am really interested in, I am really knowledgeable about, and I really love the middle ages, the fourteenth century, and England during the fourteenth century, especially during King Edward III's reign and the Hundred Years War!

I just recently started a thread on this forum called Past Lives During The Hundred Years War (1337-1453.)! for people to share their past life memories about and during the Hundred Years War (1337-1453.) that I really think many of you all would be really interested in, would be really excited about, would really love to read, and really love to participate in because I am sure many or most of you have had past lives during the Hundred Years War in England during the fourteenth century! Everybody on this thread is invited come and check out my thread, including you, Clivia...the creator of this very interesting and very wonderful thread! PS: Thanks so much for sharing your past life memories Clivia and thanks so much for creating this very wonderful thread! I really appreciate it! Best of wishes, best of luck, and the best of healing to you and everybody always! Peace! :) ;)

Here is the link to the thread on this forum: http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/past-lives-during-the-hundred-years-war-1337-1453.9443/

Yours, VikingGirlTBird! :) ;)

Hi Karoliina,

Oh gosh yes, I'm so American I'm Uhmurruhkin!

I must say I was pretty surprised to see that something which had seemed little more than a trivial sense could be proven to have been an appropriate reaction to the weather patterns of that time and place!

A Little Ice Age and no heating, Mother of GAWD!

This makes me wonder how the fleas who harbored the black death survived though. Fleas usually die out in winter so I guess that by the time it got to us in Europe the rats or fleas made little difference as the thing was being passed by human hosts.

Do we have any plague historians on the board? I'm sure it has been discussed considering how many of us got a free ticket to a new life out of that wretched plague.

Greetings @YouAgain!

Here on some really informative threads on this forum that are about the plague/Black Death that I really think you might be really interested in reading. PS: I also totally understand along with so many members here on this forum why you are still mostly completely uncomfortable discussing your past life publicly on this forum and we are totally ok with that but, when ever you feel completely comfortable discussing your past life on publicly on this forum please know that we will be always here for you.

Best of wishes, best of luck, and the very best of healing to you always! Peace! :) ;)

Yours, VikingGirlBird! :) ;)

1. Door with a Red X Created By: Della1349.
2. First Recall: The days of the Black plague Created By: A.L.G.Xeylon
3. Life at a Monastery during the 1300's Plague Created By: Ailish
4. Died from Plague? and A Child's Death from the Plague? Created By: MaryL
5. Regression with Carol August 2014 By: Deborah
6. Many lives to tell By: Malkim
7. Plagued by Grief By: 1A3S4H8
8. Who died from pandemic? By: Ophelia3
9. Diseases. By: Littlemoon

Last edited:
Back