• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

First experiences in this "uncertain" world - Part 1

Eowyn

Wrought out of steel
I never thought I’d get results so soon. When I first came to this forum I was only looking for some answers, for the cause of deep depression/anxiety which has haunted me especially the last few years and which I noticed became stronger in the autumn. Not that this has something to do with past lives, though I really have no reason for this state of depression, now. But then I wondered if it could be somehow related to another feeling, one which has been with me since I was just a child: this emptiness and this longing for “someone” who doesn’t exist in reality. I’ll call him H for now.

Well, I gave him a name, and I gave him some looks, and this physical image became one of my characters in a story I started to write when I was 13, but it had been in my mind long before that, as I used to go to sleep thinking of him and the story. This character has a life of his own (the story is in a future time so no doubt there), and I know it’s just a reflection my mind has created for H, from the “memories” I have. It’s the feelings I have which are so strong, which are no “normal” for a grown-up woman like me. When you are a teenager you “fall in love” with rock stars or actors and probably you hate them a few years later or you don’t understand how you could be so silly. Of course this is different: I really miss this person, I really feel we were close some time before, it’s not the “physical image” alone but his “essence” that endures in my memory, a happiness that I once had and now I seem unable to find anywhere, even when I do have someone by my side who cares for me. And these feelings have never ever disappeared, neither changed. They even become stronger when things are going wrong.

I never knew where or when H and I could have met, for I’ve never had clear memories of past lives, only thoughts and feelings about places, nothing more. Until… during one of my self-hypnosis sessions only ten days ago, I had this vision of a beach, in a Northern coast (I thought it could be Scotland or Ireland, for I feel very attracted to these regions). The day was grey and windy, it was a stony beach… and there was him. He looked a lot like the image I have of him in my mind, only he had the hair even more blonde, he was wearing a white blouse similar to the ones that pirates wear, and loose-fitting trousers. I was a young woman wearing a long grey dress, long-sleeved (sorry but I feel already limited in Spanish when it comes to the details, even more in English). We were just playing, running, having fun.

Of course, I just thought it was my imagination.

But then, the scene changed. Suddenly I was walking down a street, alone. There were more people from the town around me, I “knew” somehow we were neighbours, returning from a ceremony that had taken place in a church, a white chapel which was on the top of an elevated point. I knew there had been a funeral. Then I had this overwhelming feeling, I could feel everything as I was really there, I could feel this deep sadness inside me, I was walking head down and I was so sad, but it wasn’t for the person that had died. I was thinking about H, fearing that he would do just that to me, that “he would make a widow of me” (though I don’t think we were married). He was always travelling, and I feared that one day he just wouldn’t return.:(

First experiences in this uncertain world - Part 2.

Before I go on, I have to say that I use to get this information “asking myself” as I see these visions. “The other part of me” just knows and talks to me without a doubt. Am I doing alright? I have read it’s better to leave the analysis for later, but for now I can’t seem to get that information other way. I don’t hear anything neither, it’s all visual, and I just “know” what is happening.

So I asked myself why is it that he travels so much? And the answer I got was: he is a sailor. I also got a year: 1842 (though I never can be sure about this).

There was still another scene: I was in my house, it’s a stone house I inherited from my parents who no longer live (I’ve come to know the whole distribution, though it seems quite strange to me), I was doing the daily routine and then it all became so emotional again. I could feel this strong feeling of desperation, mixed with emptiness, and I’m also angry at H because he always leaves me, and I don’t understand why it has to be that way, why I have always to be alone… it makes me feel so bad. No need to say I was crying in real life, and it surprised me what I felt was so similar to what I feel nowadays.

I also got the notion that I loved his freedom, I wish I could have accompanied him, it just killed me that I had to stay at home doing things I didn’t want to (I think I used to help fishermen and maybe sell fish in the market too), it was so frustrating…

Well, I hope this is not getting too long. I only want to add some reflections and make a question or two.

When I woke up at the following day, a name came to my mind: Cardiff. This, for me, was only a name of a city of Great Britain. I’ve been only once in England, and it was 10 days in Manchester years ago and I know nearly nothing about British geography. Just as if I say Salamanca or Toledo for most of you, right? So, I was surprised to know that this city is located in Wales, in the coast. I know it means nothing, I just wonder, if a word comes to my mind being fully awake, after a self-hypnosis session, is it more or less reliable in relation to what I see during the regression?

It also happened with another word: “danske”, it came to me just like that in my mind, I have an idea of what could mean, but I’d like to hear your opinions first! : angel

Finally: it’s being a bit hard for me to accept all this. Not that I doubt what I see or what I feel. This particular vision comes with a lot of details and a certain “feeling” that tells me it’s real. But I’m receiving a lot more visions from another lives… and sometimes I just wonder (again) if it’s my imagination. It starts maybe with a flash, with a short scene… and during the following days it grows and grows and I really don’t know if I’m definitely losing my mind. I really think I can differentiate it: when I try to write it’s 100 times more difficult to do it. These images just appear and come full of details (and none out of place or time as far as I know), and with a complete background… I just wish I could do it being conscious, it would be easier to write novels!

Anyway, I have to doubt about it. I see that many of you give a lot of data about your past lives, how can you be so sure about that, is something you just “know” from the first time you see it (just like children do), or is it through the years and great effort that you become certain of what you saw?

I don’t know what I would have done without this forum… What would I be thinking right now if I hadn’t known all this is possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I can't answer all of your questions.. Most of my memories are still inaccurate but it comes from the just "knowing" it. I have compared the false with the real ones. The feeling is less there with the false memories..

The feelings you get to people who you haven't met before but you feel you've known him or her forever. I got that many times, and I still find it weird... Well, I think one of my signature quotes explains it all.

Yes, during that time, ladies don't have the same treatment as men.. They were, how you'd say.. Discriminated during that time. He was a sailor, interesting. I was a sailor too but in the 1700s.

If I'm not mistaken though, Danske means Danish (According to google)

Hope to hear more! :thumbsup:

Hello Eowyn, and thank you for sharing such clear impressions of what appears to be a past life memory. I usually use the emotions that arise within the memory as an indicator separating the real from the imagined. It then becomes easier to focus on those emotions when seeking to verify the memories, both in the akashic records and in regression.

I have also held a yearning for a being I have yet to meet, although my memories have been fairly scant along those lines. It seems they are so because we have a future to come and there is some fear from guidance that my persistent searching through records, meditation and intuitive friends might divulge some information before I am to obtain it.

As for clues like "Cardiff" virtually dropping into your head, to me those are your answers...especially if you had just asked something as clear as "where was this memory?" But for an answer, why would the name Cardiff ever enter your mind? Especially if you hadn't read anything about it, been there or heard someone else talking about it, how could it have made its presence known/felt/sensed? It was an answer.

I ask questions and expect answers. Sometimes they are obvious and others seem to linger around until I realize they have answered something I have been asking for awhile. My suggestion is to not worry or second-guess because it really does no good...these are your memories anyway, and you do not have to prove them to anyone. If it turns out the details do not add up (or don't add up with what you think you know now), remember the emotion...that emotion was there to tell you something which may help you in the here and now.

Thank you for sharing Eowyn, and congratulations on getting such clear details from your first attempts at self-regression! :thumbsup:

The first time I ever tried self-regression I didn't see anything. But I had a remarkable dream that night, so I do think the effects of even just having been to a deeper state of mind can last past the 'end' of the regression. I too, have had names just pop into my head.

Don't be too hard on yourself, or get to caught up into 'data'. And don't rush the process, often times your past life clues come in their own good time.

Eowyn said:
Anyway, I have to doubt about it. I see that many of you give a lot of data about your past lives, how can you be so sure about that, is something you just “know” from the first time you see it (just like children do), or is it through the years and great effort that you become certain of what you saw?
That is a easy question for me: It's something I just 'know'. That 'knowing' feeling you discribe - that you can't prove or explain - is a sure sign you're on the right track.

Do keep us updated! :thumbsup:

Hi Eowyn,

Thank you for sharing!

My opinion is that there is no right or wrong way when trying to remember past lives. Whatever method works for you :)

As for 'Cardiff' - I agree with Usetawuz. Why in the world would this name pop into your head if it wasn't related to a PL? Had you seen anything about on television, heard about it on the radio?

As far as I know Cardiff is the 'capital' of Wales. You would certainly find a rough landscape similar to Scotland there.

And yes 'danske' is Danish for...well, Danish. It's plural form. "We are Danish" would be "Vi er danske". The singular form would be 'dansk'. I don't know if the word could have another meaning in another language. The only thing I can think of which is remotely similar is the Polish town 'Danzig', which I suppose could sound somewhat similar to 'danske'. Or maybe not :rolleyes:: angel

Thank you for your comments!

I'm not particularly eager to validate these memories for the moment, they're so real that I don't feel the need. Just out of curiosity I did some research about Cardiff, and to my surprise I found out that there was a Norwegian community there during XIX century, because of the sailors that arrived there.

That wouldn't be anything important, if it wasn't for the fact that, don't ask me why, I always thought this H would be scandinavian.

I also had the feeling, when I was younger, that I would find love in someone from another country (who knows why). I even thought I did once, but this is a long story...

And, yes "danske" means Danish. I thought it was curious it came to my mind on the original language. At first I thought it could be "thanks" in German, but no it wasn't, and I was surprised again to find out that Danish is almost indistinguisable from Norwegian or Swedish. Could it be that was H's mother tongue?

Well, in a second self-hypnosis I was going over a map extended on the wooden table that I had in my house, H was explaining something to me, probably his route. I also saw a a pair of pistols so clear in my mind (the kind of pistols pirates used during that time). H told me it was a precaution against pirate's attacks, not that he was a military man, I think. At the end I think he decided to leave one for me, for I was alone most of the time, and he taught me how to use it and keep it clean (not too clear memories though).

He also took me to his ship one day. Well, he had to drag me into it really, I was a bit fearful, but when he did I was admired, and I could feel all his love and all his passion for sailing, I couldn't ask him to quit, and then I got so desparate again I couldn't be with him and share that freedom and that passion, and I missed him so much when he was away... It got very emotional again, I couldn't stop crying.

No much more for now. Only, too many "coincidences" I'm finding in this story, and many explanations to feelings I've had all my life, it's like a gift someone has given to me.

From my point of view, there are no coincidences, and these 'events' are intended to spark something within you.

Yes, Usetawuz, I really "know" there are no coincidences, I've said that myself all my life.

But I also have that rational part that keeps wondering why, why now after all these years of confusion. Is it because something's going to happen? Or is it just for me to understand my past behaviour? Just an answer for my prayers?

Whatever it is, it makes me feel soooo happy, I used to think I would never get to know until the day I die, but I'm knowing "now" and that proves I'm not alone. I'm sure more answers are coming... in time.

Hi Eowyn,

It is truly a gift in so many ways. I am touched by the fact that you have no need to prove it....because it is already so real.

Validations come over time and in unexpected ways which can expand gift of awareness beyond just knowing. ;)

Do keep us posted ad share more when and if you are comfortable doing so.

The rational part is your brain which is fixed in the illusion of this third dimensional reality...what you feel inside is beyond rationality and simply "known to be true". I also believe that "when the student is ready the teacher comes", or as you progress through your life more indications of what is out there and available to you are presented. As for something preparing you for what is to come, well there are a thousand answers for that and none of them more correct than any others unless it is sourced through you. And finally...I believe as we pray we receive answers...it may be that you are now seeing those answers that were there all along...the wonderful aspect is now you know where to look.

Update

I just thought I’d update this story, as I think it can be very interesting for the readers of this forum.

Through self-hypnosis/meditation techniques I’m receiving a lot of information from a few lives, which no matter how strange and unrelated they seem to my present life, in the end I find some connection, mainly with my personality and “unexplained” behavior I had while being younger. But, as I’d need to start a thread for each of them, I’ll just refer to this life in Cardiff (it’s probably the clearest of all so far).

In one of the most recent sessions, H and I were in what seemed to be a tavern, but in the outside. We were sitting on wooden benches, he was chatting with a colleague, drinking something (beer or wine, I don’t know). Later that night we were sleeping and heard a noise coming from the backyard (a dirty backyard with some hens). We wake up a bit frightened and think someone is trying to break in. H goes for his pistol and stands behind the back door, listening, while I stay in bed. I tell him to wait. I’m quite scared, but I don’t understand what they could be looking for, as we don’t have anything valuable. Nothing happens and we go back to bed.

But then while we are having breakfast someone starts banging at the front door, and shouts: “[H’s surname]*, you owe me something!” His voice sounds hoarse and he’s probably drunk. H recognizes him, and tells me he’ll take charge of this. I can imagine the problem, I know he gambles with other sailors and town folks, I don’t like it but he doesn’t see any bad on it.

I hear that man shouts again: “Leave that wh** alone and go out!” I really don’t know if he uses that word only because he’s drunk, or because that’s my reputation in town. (I still believe we never got married). :confused:

Well, H opens the door and starts arguing with that nasty man. He tells him he won’t give him anything because he cheated. I don’t see clearly if there’s a real threatening movement against H, but I know I’m really nervous and scared and I don’t want H to get hurt, so I go a bit mad, I take some money and throw it at the man’s face. He goes away but of course H gets angry at me, what I did was dangerous, we start arguing too and I end up weeping.

The really important thing here are my feelings. I had this intense fear of losing him, I couldn’t stand that idea and that caused my overreaction. At that point I wondered why I had this fear, why I was so obsessed with the idea that he’d make a widow of me. :(

A few days later I saw myself as a little girl only 4-6 days old. A person who I later identified as my mother was holding my hand tightly. From the beginning the emotions were so strong, I could feel this weight on my heart, a great anxiety, I felt defenseless, I knew something very bad was happening but I didn’t wholly comprehend. We were watching a group of men who were being mistreated and separated from us. One of those men was H, but this time he was much older than me, and I “felt” he was my father. They were taken away, probably killed, but we never knew for certain, as we never saw him again, and we were just condemned to live as slaves. No idea when this could have been, but I felt it was a very old age, the word “celtic” came to my mind, but nothing else.

At first I didn’t understand why this was shown to me. I still find very hard to believe soulmates can play many different roles in past lives. Well, not that I don’t believe it, but I find it a bit strange. Later I remembered my question from a previous regression. Was that the answer to my question? I had lost H before, and I know that wasn’t the only time. It would explain why I was so scared I’d lose him again, wouldn’t it?

[* I don’t know H’s surname as a sailor for sure, but it would sound like Juggersen, or Jurgensen, or Juggsten…]

Hi Eowyn,

I live in Wales and visit Cardiff quite regularly - there is actually an old Norwegian church that was dismantled from wherever it was originally built, and has been reconstructed near the centre of the city - I've never been there, though I hope to some day, but I understand it is quite an amazing place ... Do you have any idea what kind of vessel he sailed on? I know there used to be a varity of different crafts working from Cardiff marina - and the surrounding areas - fishing, mining, timber, passenger... and do you think perhaps you were Welsh speaking, or English, or both? Cardiff in Welsh in Caerdydd (pronounced cair-dith - 'th' as in THat), and Wales is Cymru (pronounced kum-ri) maybe it might resonate with you?

You said the year 1842 came to your mind, and that you felt like you lost him - well, not exactly in the 1840's, but in the late 1850s, there was a very bad hurricane that sank many, many boats and took many lives from the coast all around Wales...

When I first started having my visions, I didn't believe them either - not rationally, but somehow I just 'knew'. Then, over time, each vision started to expand and grow - sometimes there would be days between, sometimes the next installment takes a few years, but after a while the pieces started falling into place, and then the verifications came.

I still don't understand what it all means, but it is certainly an amazing experience, and there's always the eager anticipation of waiting to learn about more, and the buzz when you do find something! I hope you may find the same too ;)

Hi, Lynnette!

Wow, your post sent me shivers all through my body. Yes, I found myself about that Norwegian church, it was quite similar to what I saw, but I doubted because the one I saw was at the top of something, I mean in a high place, not by the sea. I didn't know it was dismantled, it would be fantastic to find out its original placement.

About the language, no idea. For me the memories are mainly visual, only in certain occasions a name or a strange word pops into my mind. I guess I spoke English with H, and I guess he taught some Norwegian to me.

When he showed me the ship, the name "goleta" came to my mind (it would be "schooner" in English), I think I saw only one sail, but it's quite blurred.

Yes, in one of the visions, I saw myself at the beach with other town people, I knew there had been a great tempest (I don't remember the date), the word "wreckage" came to my mind and I could see some destroyed small ships. I think we were looking for survivors (or dead people returned by the sea). But I wasn't really worried about H, I thought he was too faraway at that moment.

Only recently I've found out that we moved to Norway when we got older and I died there (not much later). I even know where exactly it could have been, but I'm still digesting all this information. It's still so strange for me to say "I died"... Well, H was there till the very end, I wasn't too old, and I didn't want to part, I didn't want to leave him so soon. I'm sure this is what's caused all these feelings I've had all my life.

Lynnette said:
I still don't understand what it all means, but it is certainly an amazing experience, and there's always the eager anticipation of waiting to learn about more, and the buzz when you do find something! I hope you may find the same too ;)
Yes, I agree. I use to say it's kind of addictive. You don't truly know what it is until you experience it for yourself. If someone told me this story, I'd certainly say "You don't really believe these are memories from a past live, don't you?", that's what my boyfriend says to me. But it all comes from the inside of you, when you're there and the rational mind is hidden somewhere, I don't have any doubt.

I was watching "The hounds of Baskerville" yesterday, this BBC series about a modern Sherlock Holmes, and there was a town which felt so familiar to me: these stone houses, this grey and dark green environment, but most of all, this parish church with an old cemetery nearby. It nearly made me cry. You could see and hear the sea down there, as if it was located in a high place. It really felt like home to me.

I searched the internet and found out that episode was filmed in a small village called Saint Hilary, only a few miles from Cardiff! I couldn't believe it.

In my visions I've seen a church similar to that one. I was near a grave. I can't know if it's the same place, I guess Wales and England are filled with these old churches, but it brings that strange feeling of recognition inside of me.

Interesting connection Eowyn! Amazing how once you start paying attention to a certain PL clues just start coming out of the woodwork isn't it? :)

Back