• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

I'm new and have questions

curious79

Hi,

Recently while out shopping for a Christening gift for a friends baby, I mistakenly walked into a store with insense/atrology/tarot readings. I told the girl in the store I thought it was a different type of store. (I just saw crosses in the window) That being said, I began to walk out and she said my name. I was stunned. She knew things about me right away. I have always been very interested in psychics/past life regression. So I talked to her and she had some interesting things to say the least.

Anyway, she said due to a recent trip I had over seas I brought back "negativity" with me. Also, she asked if bad things have happened to me sinse I have been back. I said yes. (lost my job, fiance and had a miscarriage within 30 days) Heavy, I know.

Could there be truth to what she says? I know this is about past life and I am getting to that... just explaining why I am here and what sparked my curiousity.

Ok, so I've never had a past life regression, but I really want to. My Grandmother on my Mother's side believes in reincarnation and has told me she thinks she knew my father in an old life. (he is not her son, its her daughers son). I always ask her to tell me more, I want specifics.

Regardless, I am a horrible sleeper. I get bouts of insomnia that are ridiculous. I can't sleep and have horrible nightmares sinse I was a little girl. Just the other night a friend slept over and mentioned how I sleep with my hands crossed over my chest. (as you would when you stand) And even as a child, I would sleep covering my throat. My Parents found it to be odd, and I would also talk in my sleep.

I think I was murdered in my sleep. Maybe stabbed? Perhaps that is why I sleep in a self protective mode? I love the 1940's and wonder if it was around that time?

At present time, I am not happy in life, but far from suicidal! (no worries!!) But lately, I seem to think some spiritual help can get me back on track. I don't want to have negativity. I want to have love and everything everyone else has. So right now, I'm blaming a past life. haha

Joking aside, the psychic said I was a man in an old life, she offeres past life regression sessions. I am worried now because I have just read up on so much that I will be hynotised into other peoples stories my subconscious remembers. Also, whats the typical session cost? I don't want to get ripped off. I am very well traveled and am also hoping I wont subconsciously talk about the other countries I have visited and convince myself it was a "past life".

I know I am all over the place, but thats why my screename says "curious". I just have tons of questions on the subject as it completely fascinates me and I want to have my own story to tell. Also, the psychic lady told me that I have the abilities too, but I am too afraid to use them? I know I have strong intuition and can know if I like someone right off the bat, but I doubt that makes me psychic.

Again, this isn't a forum on psychics, I understand...but doesn't it all tie in together with wierd, unexplained phenomenoms? Dreams? I have the most disturbing dreams...

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks, guys!!

Hi curious79, welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for sharing your story, I'm glad that your curiosity led you to this forum, and I hope you can find the answers to some of your questions here.

I'd be interested to hear a bit more about your nightmares if you don't mind sharing, and as long as they are within the guidelines. Sometimes our past life memories can be the cause of recurring nightmares, and they may hold clues as to who you were and what happened to you in a previous life.

A session with a regression therapist can vary depending on where you are located, but it pays to shop around, and try to do a little background research on whoever it is you decide to book an appointment with, check that they have all the necessary qualifications etc.

One misconception about past life regression therapy, is that you're not actually hypnotised. All the therapist will do is help you to relax and clear your mind, then once you're in the right state of mind he/she will guide you into your subconsciousness where your past life memories reside. You are never 'out of control', and where the purpose of hypnotism is to place suggestions in your subconscious, all regression does is bring your past life memories to the surface where you have access to them. I wouldn't worry too much about confusing with other people's stories, or countries that you have visited in this life, when you are remembering a past life .... you will know! You will see yourself in a different body, but you will know that it is/was you. You will feel all the emotion that goes with the memory, as well as all the sounds, the smells, the colors, all in vivid detail as if you are actually there experiencing it all over again. It doesn't compare to another persons experiences that you've heard or read about, it is your memory ;)

As for all the negativity in your present life, well you have the power to change that by trying to change your perspective on things. It is true that negativity will only draw even more negativity towards you, so try and change to a more positive outlook on things. If you feel those negative thoughts creeping back in, then banish them immediately and visualize the outcome in your mind with a positive thought. Do you do much reading? You may find this book useful: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.

I hope this has helped a little, and I hope you will keep us updated on your progress. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Chris :)

Hello Curious79 and welcome to the forum. :)

ChrisR said:
Do you do much reading? You may find this book useful: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.
Excellent suggestion, Chris. :thumbsup:

It's easy to get caught up in a negative mindset when things aren't going your way. Believe me, I know. I've had my share of setbacks. It's important to remember just because you've been taken off the road you intended to travel, it doesn't mean it was the right road for you. That road may have been filled with pot holes and detours that you couldn't see coming at the time. Instead, trust that you've been re-directed to a new (better) road for you.

Negative thoughts breed more negative thoughts. It becomes a vicious circle. Again, I speak from experience. I've been on depression medication twice. But thoughts are habitual. Try this, start everyday the moment you get out of bed and your feet touch the floor, think of 10 things you are thankful for. When negative thoughts start creeping in your head, do the same thing. Stop and think of something you're thankful for. Positive thoughts breed positive thoughts. Change your thoughts, change your life. ;) :thumbsup:

As for past life memories, I hope you don't think you need to be psychic or need the help of a psychic to access past life memories. The memories are inside you. It's really no different than remembering childhood memories. The process is the same.

I can understand your concerns about confusing memories with stories you've read or places you've been. It's a valid concern, but I agree with Chris - you just know. I know I've tapped into something real when I know what I was thinking and I know how I felt in that moment.

Again welcome. I look forward to hearing about your dreams (if you're comfortable sharing them), and feel free to ask any questions you have.

Thanks guys!

I feel like I sound like some depressed looney...but I'm not, I promise. But ever sense I was a kid, I have been terrified of sleeping alone at night. I always tried to sleep in my brothers room, which was fine when I was really small, but obviously as I got older my Parents didn't find it appropriate and made me sleep in my own room.

I have dreams of my childhood home often, not bad or good, more or less pointless. Lately, I have a disturbing dream of my dog falling/jumping or being dropped from a balcony! How horrible is that? I love my dog!! And I always can hear a "thud" and I wake up screaming and check on her and she was next to me as usual. It just bizarre. Last night, I had a dream of a mouse or rat that was really fast and I tried to run from it. I think it might have bit my hand. And something about not putting icing on cupcakes and to come up with some other topping. Random. Wierd.

I do think past life regression can help my sleep issuses. Obviously, I am stressed out in real life which makes my insomnia so much worse and my dreams. But due to the fact that I sleep in a self protection mode and always have, makes me think something bad happened to me in my bed and I was killed in a former life.

I live alone, which makes me more scared at night and I will sleep on my couch instead of in my bed in my room. For some reason I feel that I know whats going on if I am in a central part of the house. Also, I leave a lamp on and the tv because I get scared. And I live in a high rise condominium, which is very secure -with a doorman. So to have these irrational fears, makes me wonder.

I sometimes will ask a friend to come over to stay with me because thats the only time I feel safe enough to fall asleep easily. No one else in my family has issues with sleeping or bad nightmares, just me.

I am scared of the paranormal and the unexplained, however fascinated at the same time. Never even seen a ghost or anything close to it, but if i watch a show like Paranormal State or A Haunting, I won't be able to sleep and have horrible nightmares. But as a little girl I would always tell my Parents that I didn't want to see any ghosts and would sleep with my covers over my head. I don't have any memories of ever seeing any ghosts..just the thought of them terrified me, and still does. That is not normal behavior for a woman who just turned 30.

My Mom said I had an imaginary friend when I was a kid. I think I just had a creative strong, imagination. I have no memory of "seeing" anyone who wasn't there.

Regardless, I have been curious about PLR for many years now because I can't help but feel something really awful happened to me in a past life and its affecting my current one.

Mostly due to the sleep situation which has followed me sinse I was a kid. Even as a teenager, my friends didn't want me to spend the night because I would keep them up all night because I was afraid to sleep. I am interested in reading the book "The Secret". And I also agree negativity brings on more. For example, lost my debit card yesterday and someone used it. Just my luck. Ha. I am going to try to have a more positive attitude!!

Welcome curious79!

curious79 said:
I do think past life regression can help my sleep issues. Obviously, I am stressed out in real life which makes my insomnia so much worse and my dreams. But due to the fact that I sleep in a self protection mode and always have, makes me think something bad happened to me in my bed and I was killed in a former life.
When I was a young man, I had similar problems with sleeping and suffered from terrible nightmares. It got to be so bad that I would sit up all night instead of even trying to sleep because I was so afraid of the dreams. What I found out was that not having a good sleep pattern just makes everything much worse. Lack of a good sleeping pattern amplifies your fears, even when there is nothing to fear in the first place.

I solved my problems with nightmares and the fear of going to sleep by keeping a meticulously detailed journal of my dreams. I would wake up to write them down. Over time, my dreams began to change from nightmares to dreams that held a lot of meaning in the context of the spiritual quest that I was on. My problems went away when I began to see that I was on a path of spiritual self-discovery.

Very rarely, I will have a nightmare after watching something disturbing on television - so I don't do that. Also, I know without a doubt that there is nothing in the paranormal realm that can harm me. If it is not there when the lights are on, then it is not there when the lights are out.

My personal suggestion is to keep a journal of your dreams and try to understand the meaning of them. Some are nonsense nightmares but others have some meaning to them. You don't need a dream interpretation book - you just need to think about them and at some later time they will begin to make sense to you. There are a few symbolic things in dreams that are probably universal to all of humanity and knowing those might be of use to you. But think of your dreams as they might relate to what is going on in your life now - that is what is important.

Hi curious and welcome! It sounds like you have alot on your plate right now. Dealing with the loss of a job, a baby and a fiance is alot just by itself. Have you considered a counselor or therapist to help you work through the present-life issues and feelings? The dreams that you described are most likely related to what you are currently processing in your life, because of the random images and flashes. For instance, the dream of the dog may be meaning a fear of losing other things you care about.

I think the others posting have given you excellent suggestions about regressionists and getting in touch with your past lives. I agree that there may be something in your previous lives to cause such a fear of sleep since childhood. Even self-guided regression CDs and audios may help you. I've tried those and it's true that I'm not hypnotized - I'm just relaxed and able to let memories come to the surface.

Again, welcome and good luck!

Hi Curious and welcome! :)

Thanks for sharing. You have already received some great advice above and at this point I don't really have anything to add, but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say that I hope you'll like it here and benefit from it :thumbsup:

Hey guys!

You are all so nice here! I didn't expect that. And I was worried coming on here I would be judged...so I appreciate that. No one in my life would know that I am SO upset with things in my life right now. I can put up a pretty good front. I know that my fiance wasn't right for me and also that considering the situation with myself and him- it was best for my unborn baby.

To Alaskanlaughter- I never even thought about it, but I think you are right. My dream about my beloved dog probably means losing something that I care about. I mean a baby and a dog are obviously opposite, but it is still something that is 100% dependent on you. I really appreciate that insight as it makes it all make sense to me. That must be why I am having those dreams. It seems so clear to me now, I can't believe I never noticed the parallels.

Again, I know this site is about past life regression and I don't intent to come one here talking about "dreams"...because my direct fascination with past lives is what brought me here. I just wonder how it all ties in together?

Maybe I am wierd, but I think all of it does. Dreams, past lives, intuitions, psychic abilities...all the way: we either have experience or a severe curiousity in one form or another.

Basically, I am amazed at how our minds work. Dreams are vivid as I believe people have the same vivid recollections of past lives. I think unexplained fears can only be explained that way.

I had a very happy childhood and my scare of the dark would worry my Parents to the point they thought I needed therapy. I am talking when I was like, 5 or 6. They didn't get it. They worried I was molested or something. Nothing at all!!!

No one could make sense of my inate sense of fear at night for me at bed alone. My Grandmother is the only one who truly believes it...my Parents are coming around to the idea just knowing that both my brothers are fine. And my Grandmother is far from "crazy" she has stated she new her own son in law in another life.

I BELIEVE that I was murdered in my sleep. Maybe recent..but my insomina is horrible. My relationship with my ex fiance just heightened it...I never not felt this way. (Not scared of my ex by the way)

Maybe it is the stress or whatever...but I am an educated woman who is 30 yrs old. I should not have these feelings of this. I feel something really, really bad happened in my sleep. I just can't get over it. I think I always knew. I begged my Parents for self defense classes when I was 7. But I also wanted to be a cheerleader. Everyone thinks "Shes a tomboy also!" Not at all!! I think I just wanted to know that if whatever situation happened again, I would at least have a fighting chance. This time around...

I hate not being able to fall asleep, and at my age- its wierd that I get scared. I don't go complete nuts..but all lights are on and I have to be in a central location of my condo. I won't go to my bedroom until the sun lights up.

Yes, I did just get out of a broken relationship and that has sucked. But its for the best and I know that. I have been very sad this summer, but I AM coming out of it. Going on vacation tommorrow with friends. I know I will be ok, everyone gets hurt from a relationship. So knowing that, I want to know about my souls past.

I wonder if my soul has been bad and its karma? Or if I am repeating the same mistakes. Just to say...my ex fiance and I only knew each other for 2 weeks when he moved in with me. Absurd!!

So out of character for me!! But I promise you, I never felt more honesty and comfort with him than anyone else. We were engaged after 4 months.....we broke up 2 months ago. Together a total of a year. He emails me all the time.. and I fight myself to not respond. I think we knew each other. Maybe family, maybe friends but we knew each other. It would seem insane to me anyone would be engaged so soon after meeting, but at the time- it felt 100% right...

I still love him, but I know we dont work. But its an odd connection I can't let go of.

Sorry to make this relationship related..but it all really ties together. Were we friends/lovers/related in a past life?

We have the connection...but we don't....anymore.

curious79 said:
I begged my Parents for self defense classes when I was 7
In my opinion that isn't a bad idea for a 30 yr old. I took self defense classes (after an attack by a would-be rapist which I was lucky to avoid) when I was around 30-33 and it sure made me feel much more safe. After taking the class I was able to save my little dog from a larger dog just using a few swift kicks. Self defense is always good to know :)

I hope you find your answers!

Hello and welcome Curious79. I've been reading along and I see you've been given some great advice. I believe beyond a doubt each of us are on a journey, or as Stardis said a "spiritual quest." It is within our capabilities to see, interpret and explore these journeys. For those who believe in past lives, karma and reincarnation there is a tremendous opportunity for growth and understanding from current life trials. It takes a skill. It takes an awareness. And it takes a self motivated desire to utilize these "stepping stones" to benefit your life. Your relationships, your fears, your questions are all good things...good things. For me it was simply recognizing these issues as positive and committing to learn from them. Fear is a funny thing and there are many ways of looking it. Someone here gave you a link to Thich Nhat Hanh, he and his philosophy are incredibly beautiful, and will help you "SEE" things in a different light, and from this, rest and peace of mind can develop.

Keep looking and learning! There is no fear you can not over come. I like the old Nike slogan, I had it hanging in my locker when I was a young police officer, "wherever the fear may be, look it square in the eye". Thanks for joining us here.

Tinkerman

Back