• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Imprints

Groovy

Has anyone here come across the concept of imprints outside of the writings of Dolores Cannon? Imprints are basically borrowed memories – memories of lives that one has not lived, used to provide a semblance of familiarity with a new environment that one is incarnating into. For example, a soul would be imprinted with other souls’ earthly lives in order to help it get a handle on this world if it has spent a great deal of time living in a radically different environment.

HI Groovy,

Woolger addresses Imprints. He says there are four different types. His book addresses the premise of what I have been writing about in my own book - which is exciting to me. :)

He references the teachings of the ancient Indian Sage Patanjali and then lists the four types of Imprints that each of us carries within us.

1). The etheric or vital field - imprints of all physical wounds.

2). The emotional field (Or astral body) - which carries unresolved feeling states and emotional traumas..

3). The mental field (or mental body) which carries obsessive and repetitive thoughts.

4). The spiritual field (or causal body) - which relates to the collective unconsious - that Jung defined as being beyond the individual consciousness.

His point being - if I understand him correctly - is that KARMA has to be healed on ALL levels within the self and beyond.

To clarify, I’m referring specifically to imprints that can be described as physical lives. If a person with an imprint were to be regressed to a past life, he wouldn’t be able to tell whether it is a life that he has genuinely lived or a borrowed one.

Hi Groovy,

If a person with an imprint were to be regressed to a past life, he wouldn’t be able to tell whether it is a life that he has genuinely lived or a borrowed one.
Being aware of anothers life experience is one thing -- personal past life experiences are vastly different.

For example, a soul would be imprinted with other souls’ earthly lives in order to help it get a handle on this world if it has spent a great deal of time living in a radically different environment.
Imprints as I listed above have to do with each individuals life experieces and HOW they carry energy, thoughts, feelings etc. I fail to see the logic - or the benefit from taking on anothers life experiences. Creates endless conundrums IMO. ;) Are you sure you are relating Dolores Cannon's premise correctly? Which one of her books stated this? I have a few.

She is a very sweet woman. I met her in the mid 1990's at one of her lectures in the Bay Area. She went out on a limb with some concepts - more so than others. :cool

Deborah said:
I fail to see the logic - or the benefit from taking on anothers life experiences. Creates endless conundrums IMO. ;)
I understand it to be done for the purpose of acquiring experience with unfamiliar environments and situations, that subconscious can draw on when faced with those environments and situations for the first time.

Deborah said:
Are you sure you are relating Dolores Cannon's premise correctly?
Pretty sure, but if you’ve read her books that discuss imprints, I’d love to hear your interpretation.

Deborah said:
Which one of her books stated this? I have a few.
The first time I came across it was when reading the book Keepers of the Garden. In it, she regressed a patient to a past life as a Jew who died in a Nazi concentration camp. In a subsequent session, the patient’s subconscious stated that the past life that he relived under hypnosis was not his but an imprint, and that this was his first life on earth. I’m currently reading The Convoluted Universe 3, which mentions imprints several times.

Deborah said:
She is a very sweet woman. I met her in the mid 1990's at one of her lectures in the Bay Area. She went out on a limb with some concepts - more so than others. :cool
:thumbsup:

Groovy said:
The first time I came across it was when reading the book Keepers of the Garden. In it, she regressed a patient to a past life as a Jew who died in a Nazi concentration camp. In a subsequent session, the patient’s subconscious stated that the past life that he relived under hypnosis was not his but an imprint, and that this was his first life on earth. I’m currently reading The Convoluted Universe 3, which mentions imprints several times.

:thumbsup:
I would be interested in hearing from this person and the story they have later on after more regression work. I know from personal experience one can beleive something but it can be based on other than ones own experiences, but it is not because of living through and being imprinted by someone else as I think you are referring to. .. I do not beleive in a borrowed life . I beleive thoughts can be picked up over distance .

I think of two parrallels to my experience with regression work where I did receive some imprinting but it was not like I was living someone elses life. .

THe one I am thinking of myself is when one of my first memories, I had a clear memory of being beheaded in the time of Anne Bolyn. I was new to regression work and was pretty sure I must have been Anne Bolyn. But because my beleifs were still new I did return to this memory later to find out that I really had been a young girl involved with a close tie to the courts.. like a servants daughter.

Because I had an ongoing and recurring pattern of fear of abusive and overpowering men , this fear of something bad like being beheaded became easily mistaken as my own memory. If you think enough of something you begin to beleive that is your truth, and fear is like that it leads to a repeating pattern.

Also reminds me of my life from the holocaust where upon dieing I was so traumatised I was a ghost and did not want to return. Maybe this person felt that this was their first life because they wanted to beleive that it was due to abuse they had endured. Like selective amnesia, this person could just be suffering from post traumatic stress from their past life.

The time I was a ghost I felt alot like I was being imprinted come to think of it from the affects of others feelings. I beleive that I still was being imprinted by this time as a ghost in this life. I actually have had to work on letting go of my inability to keep my boundaries from being affected by entities being around me in this life.. I had one experience when doing a meditation where I knew I was taking on what is called a ? sorry cannot remember the correct term. A woman healerform. named Hannah Kroeger taught me about this thought form .

It was like I had a thought in my mind that really was not mine. NOw I call that being imprinted!!! BUt it was not from a living soul , creepily it was from a discarnate form. Brings back some scarey stuff I have been able to work through.

soulfreindly

Hi Groovy,

Groovy said:
Has anyone here come across the concept of imprints outside of the writings of Dolores Cannon? Imprints are basically borrowed memories – memories of lives that one has not lived, used to provide a semblance of familiarity with a new environment that one is incarnating into. For example, a soul would be imprinted with other souls’ earthly lives in order to help it get a handle on this world if it has spent a great deal of time living in a radically different environment.
It’s an interesting concept, but I have not come across the premise in the way that you are presenting it; I tend to agree with Deborah’s assessment of “imprint” as being something that relates to the three intelligences – and is also something that is personal to the soul’s journey.

I believe that our past lives do create imprints in our present lives. In most cases the energy is stored in the form of emotional energy that surrounds that particular event or trauma – it’s our thoughts, feelings and emotions that create this energetic imprint.

I believe that healing is attained when we bring awareness of our past into our consciousness - emotional issues that were left unresolved and wrong doings were left without restitution do require healing on some level - and I believe that only we can do that for ourselves.

The idea of bringing another’s memory imprints into the present does not make any sense to me, there would be no benefit in the context of healing oneself – to recall someone else’s traumas.

The awareness or acknowledgement of the past life acts as a catalyst to trigger movement of the cellular energy therefore initiating healing. One's intention to heal the emotional pattern is the force that promotes the release of the energy.

Groovy said:
I understand it to be done for the purpose of acquiring experience with unfamiliar environments and situations, that subconscious can draw on when faced with those environments and situations for the first time.
Imo, we are here to learn through experience – that includes new places, situations and souls. I would think it would be pretty confusing to come into a new life with someone else's memories - not to mention, you would carry their emotional baggage, including their fears, prejudices, likes and dislikes. I don't see how that would assist someone on their journey....

Aili :)

soulfreindly said:
I would be interested in hearing from this person and the story they have later on after more regression work.
The whole book was based on regression sessions with this one person. From what I remember, it also included a late chapter on a session that took place after a gap of several years. Of course, this doesn’t mean that the past life was necessarily an imprint.

soulfreindly said:
Maybe this person felt that this was their first life because they wanted to beleive that it was due to abuse they had endured.
The person described his life as a holocaust victim believing it to be an actual past life. It was the subconscious that revealed it to be an imprint (I don’t know how the hypnotist tells the difference between the two; her books describe the process very briefly).

I’ve been meaning to respond to this last night, but kind of ran out of time.

Ailish said:
Imo, we are here to learn through experience – that includes new places, situations and souls.
I generally agree with this, but it seems overly limiting to me to assume that this is the only case rather than just the common one. If someone wanted purely to experience physical existence without any learning involved, or help others learn without needing to learn oneself, I don’t see why this shouldn’t be possible.

Ailish said:
I would think it would be pretty confusing to come into a new life with someone else's memories - not to mention, you would carry their emotional baggage, including their fears, prejudices, likes and dislikes. I don't see how that would assist someone on their journey....
Presumably the imprint would be carefully chosen to meet the needs of the borrower? : angel

If all the veils were dissolved and you experienced Creation with the consciousness of Source as Everything experienced at One moment wouldn't an imprint or a past life recollection be one in the same? Can we truly exist as a multi consciousness being in physical form and not go completely "mad" lol...

Welcome to the forum Kirk. I think that most of us here are viewed as a bit "off" simply for our views about past lives, I'm not sure about being able to experience consciousness beyond what I consider normal, but I suppose it would overwhelm me.

The original direction of this thread seemed to get lost as it was about Delores Cannon finding a client stating that some Aspects/Personalities were imprinted with a lifetime of another person in order that they become familiar with Earth's environment and what it was like to be human, like an introduction to the "neighborhood" in graphic detail to the point it being a part of their history, something that they believed they "lived". The reason the topic died, in my opinion, was because it did not fit within the forum guidelines.

Thanks for your response KenJ. My wife and I recently listened to an interview with Dolores Cannon speaking of imprints and my first spiritual mother spoke of the concept this morning so I went to the Google "God" lol which led me to this forum ;-). Excuse my novice ignorance but why would this topic not fit the forum guidelines?

The guidelines tend to narrow the topic to Earth past lives, that in itself is difficult enough for much of the population to accept even at arms-length in a lot of instances, beyond that it falls in the tinfoil-hat area for most:)

Natalie Sudman had a 'near death experience' when a landmine exploded in Iraq, leaving her horribly injured. She speaks of sitting as a passenger in a truck one second, and then when the explosion happened, she immediately clicked into a state where she was on a stage surrounded by an audience of thousands of 'light beings' all around her, like in a stadium. She was on the stage and she felt that the audience - which she described feeling were like 'colleagues' who she had contracted with to share her experiences - was "downloading" her experiences. She says it felt like they were sharing in her experiences, culture, history, language, etc. from the physical plane. This reminds me of the 'imprinting' that OP is talking about possibly?

She wrote a book about her experiences called "Application of Impossible Things," and here is an interview with her, she's very interesting and intelligent and has a fun personality.

Back