• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Leininger Case on ABC--What Did You Think?

James

Chelle,

You are probably right. I had company and may have missed that. It would be very interesting to know what he said to her.

I just posted on this subject the other night on another thread (the only thread that was open at the time on this subject), but now I notice this one, so I'll repost my comments again here, if that's okay.

First of all, I'd like to thank the Forum Staff for sending me an email about this show; otherwise, I would have missed it completely -- again. I missed the show last year when everyone around here was talking about it, but at least I was able to read the newspaper articles on the story back then. I thought the show was done very well and that the parents did an excellent job of communicating their son's story.

What surprised me was the interview at the end with the "skeptic," whoever he was, and the reference to his point of view as being "scientific," while the parents' information was based on "faith." I found the opposite to be true. The parents spent quite a good deal of time researching, investigating, and weighing evidence (which is what scientists do) in order to arrive at the conclusions surrounding their son's former life. Yet the skeptic's comments were completely based on "faith" that none of the information (arrived at scientifically) could possibly be true. In addition, he did not refute the parents' information with science but, rather, with "faith" that it simply could not be true.

Another thing that struck me while watching the show was what a great family James chose to be born into this lifetime. They all had such a loving, caring, and easy-going manner about them when together, which was so nice to see. It was as though they had known each other for lifetimes (of which I have no doubt, since we often incarnate with the same people several times).

I'll never forget when a friend of mine told me about something her son said one day. It was when he was about 4 or 5 years old. He kept talking about being a cowboy and how he was married and had children, and then he looked up at my friend (his mother) and said, "But that was before I knew you, Mommy." It really freaked her out, because she does not believe in any of that, but it made perfect sense to me. Sadly, she did not support or encourage his memories during that short window of time (up to age 7 while the child is still connected to spirit very strongly), so his memories are now buried once again. He would have to use self-hypnosis like the rest of us to uncover them now.

I think it's wonderful when parents support and encourage their children's abilities in remembering past lives, and seeing auras, chakras, angels, deceased relatives, etc. They grow up to be so much healthier as a result.

Anyway, I thought it was an excellent show, and I'm glad I didn't miss it this year. Thanks to James and his family, as well as Carol and her family, more people can learn about reincarnation and the validity of the continuation of spirit. :thumbsup:

Satori - What a wonderful post! You put it all so well! For one, you said:

"What surprised me was the interview at the end with the "skeptic," whoever he was, and the reference to his point of view as being "scientific," while the parents' information was based on "faith." I found the opposite to be true. The parents spent quite a good deal of time researching, investigating, and weighing evidence (which is what scientists do) in order to arrive at the conclusions surrounding their son's former life. Yet the skeptic's comments were completely based on "faith" that none of the information (arrived at scientifically) could possibly be true. In addition, he did not refute the parents' information with science but, rather, with "faith" that it simply could not be true."

Absolutely right-on! What passes for bluster and what passes for science...you just have to wonder! :rolleyes: His parents were very careful and quite skeptical. They followed the scientific method. That other guy - he was just into discounting everything. What the heck is that?

I thought the same thing: What great people! James' parents were such wonderful representatives for us. I was proud of them! :thumbsup:

I thought it was marvelous. I felt chills while watching it and just wanted to reach through the screen and hug that precious boy. He's "not remembering" now, but he may again some day. I think it's more like he's not sharing. I was a lot like little James, but my memories came mostly in dreams. I was able to validate a childhood dream later on and link it to a past life and it certainly explains my childhood obsession with antique cars.

So, I kind of laughed when they said he's not remembering anymore. Because once you remember, you're not going to forget. He may not be sharing anymore- or identifying them as what they are. But, I can guarantee you he is remembering ;)

Everytime he checks out one of his planes or looks up into the sky to assess the weather- he's remembering ;)

Excellent comments. Carol and I are glad to see that the program triggered so much thought and even rememberance. For every person who finds this Forum, there are a thousand who are thinking the same things.

I would like to comment to somebody up there in the thread who said the evidence wasn't presented well enough to make a case for reincarnation. We hear that all the time about individual cases--not even taking up the issue of how far TV can go in 15 minutes. No single case, not even Ian Stevenson's, is sufficient to convince a skeptic. There's too much cultural weight in favor of "it can't be." But if you take the time to look at all the similar cases as we have, or even just a few, you start seeing the same patterns, over and over. The patterns, the hundreds of similar cases, all point to a natural phenomenon that is true. That's the point Carol and I tried to make in the two books we wrote--take all the cases together for your proof.

Much of science works the same way, especially the social sciences. A phenomenon can be accepted as true if there's a preponderance of evidence pointing to its liklihood. There are very few totally air-tight proofs in science--as evidenced by how often something that was accepted as true one generation is reversed the next. But for some reason people require the paranormal to exhibit air-tight proofs.

There's a brand new case in another thread here. "Meeting an Old Friend Again." http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/meeting-an-old-friend-again.1356/
Again, it's not airtight. But it's only one of hundreds just like it that happen all the time.

Steve

Steve - perhaps you or Carol would prefer to answer Frenchi's question above?

Deborah, do you know whether, in any of Carol's cases, there has been follow up hypnosis later when the children got older?

Hi! I want to thank Bruce and Andrea and little James for coming up with their story; I have some questions on the story itself; I beleive the facts and the little boy but I would like to know more about the case; I think that though compelling, only dry facts were presented to us; I would like to know more about James--what state he was in when he revealed his memories? (I read it happened before he went to bed)--but how did it happened? Was that the answer to some of the question asked by his mom or dad or was he just started to talk all on his own about that?
I got from the story that he told the name Natoma that could be verifyed, Jack Larson, a friend and Corseair, and also gave some details about the battle; I am confused by his "little man can't get out"--I am not familiar with planes--so during the plane crash (and his plane was attacked head on and struck in the engine)--did the pilot die immediately or had some time inside of the plane --as horrible as it was? Was it instant death or some violent moments before he died? Then it is clear why little James wanted to get out and had nightmares;
Also--he loves planes; what about the fact that James the pilot flew the other plane in his last battle--other than Corsair--or did hi fly a Corsair? What about Jack Larson--did the little one gave his full name--first and last?
Did he only talked about the war time and the battle? Did he gave any clues to James personality--like things he liked, people he grew up with, what house he lived in etc; Did he remembered Jame's past life's family? What he was talking about with Jame's sister Ann? Any little details came up? How did she recognized him--because of his knowledge of planes or he talked about something only she would know? How he reacted to her? What about his meeting with Jack Larson?

I want to tell, that the airing was good, and the article was good, presenting the evidence--but the story was short; In most of cases in Carrol's book we get more glimpses into child's life, his personality to understand his connection with past lives; If you can give some more glimpses into Jame's personality--and how those details were uncovered and tell us more of a story--may be to give those details about his meetings with past-life people, his reactions, then the story would come alive;

May be he carried some of the personality traits into this life--like he loves certain colors or likes certain foods etc that also were favorite of James--did you look into similarities between both of them--I think his sister is invaluable sourse for letting us know what the James II was look like;

Thanks, and again--thanks for the story and please keep us posted, this is extraordinary case and it takes a lot of courage and love and heart;

Thanks again;

James' Mom

Hello Everyone!

Having had company for the 4th of July holiday, I have not had time to get on line and read your comments until this morning. Thank you all for your kind and insightful remarks.

In a 15 minute story, there is only so much that can be covered I guess. The piece was filmed when James was 5; he's 7 now. As I speak, he's in his room flying his flight simulator programs!

I'll try to remember all of your questions, and answer them accordingly.

1) Bruce began researching the information James gave us in June of 1992, which was right after his company got bought out and he lost his job. At that time James was 4 years old. We did not have any military books around the house, other than a lot of Civil War books from when we were researching our geneaology. James had already given us all of the specific details at that point. And, had we had lots of WWII books around, I would have assumed that this was where he got the information. I was actively looking for plausible reasons for him having this information, and would have been relieved at that point to have an easy answer!

2) James Huston was shot down at the battle of Iwo Jima, flying at a relatively low altitude. After his plane was hit in the engine, it crashed nose first into the water. From what my little James told me after his nightmares, he was alive in the plane when it went into the water, and was kicking to try and break out the canopy to escape the sinking plane. His friends who flew over said that no wreckage was seen floating on the water; just an oil slick. James Huston drowned in the plane, not as a result of the crash. When we went to the Natoma Bay reunion last September, we got to meet 2 pilots who were on that fateful mission with James Huston; Jack Laron and Bob Greenwalt. They both said many pilots had died because of the canopy getting stuck and they were unable to escape the plane. The pilot flying next to James Huston when he was shot down was Jack Larson, a fact verified through copies of the aircraft action reports.

3) Little James remembered many specific details about his family life. We felt that these details, because they affected the Huston family, were not ours to share and did not disclose them to the public in the Prime Time piece out of respect for their family. James remembered he had a sister Annie, but that she was not his only sister. He said he had a sister who was 4 years older named "Roof". He said Roof was 4 years older than Annie and Annie was 4 years older than him. We later found out the older sister was named RUTH! The 3 Huston children were each 4 years apart. He remembered that his father was an alcoholic and used to "tear up the house". He said when he was 13 they had to put his father in a hospital for 6 weeks because he got drunk and broke some glass in the house. He told us that while his dad was in the hospital, his mom had to be a maid, and when his father got out of the hospital, Annie moved away. This was all later confirmed by Ann, James Huston's surviving sister. Annie said that when her father got out of the hospital, which was like a rehabilitation facility, she moved in with her grandparents several states away. All of James recollections were 100% accurate.

4) After the September 2004 Natoma Bay reunion, where James got to meet Anne and Jack in person, he seemed to have a sharp decrease in recall and dreams. We felt that he was able to get some kind of closure from the reunion. He didn't recognize his old friends, who are all in their 80's now, but he was dissapointed that they were all old now.

I need to go check on the Hurricane updates, but I'll write more later. I tried to post a photo of James when he met Jack and Anne, but am not sure if I did it correctly. Hopefully they will be attached when this post comes up!

Andrea

Thank you for the update Andrea. We appreciate it very much. It is so nice to see you here again. :D

If you cannot get the attachment to work - send it to one of us and we can do it for you. ;)

Are you writing a book about James and your experiences? We are all hoping that is the case. :laugh:

Andrea - pictures of James and Anne and James and Jack follow.

20040912James%20and%20Jack%20Larsen.jpg

20040911James%20Leininger%20and%20Anne%20Barron.jpg

Thank You Andrea, for posting the pictures. He even looks like Anne, and the excitement in his eyes with Jack says it all.

I do hope you write a book about this. You are blessed in more ways than one. ;)

Wow, thanks for the live update, Andrea, and the pictures are awesome! Thanks. I hope to see the book on the bookshelves soon, next to Carol's.

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for sharing the pictures of James with us, and for the update as well! I loved the story of James, and thought the interview was amazing. He's an incredible little boy, and very lucky to have such open-minded, caring parents.

Ailish

Andrea,

Great photos! :thumbsup:

I was also struck by how James looks like a relation to Annie, but then, the resemblance he has to James Huston struck me the first time I saw the Primetime piece.

It's wonderful to see resemblances. I was lucky that I have had that in my own recall. It will be interesting to see if the resemblance continues as he grows older.

BTW - watching James check out the plane in the Primetime piece brought a tear to my eye. He followed the same pattern of checking the props, lights, and landing gear as my Dad did, when I was growing up around his planes...

Sandra

Andrea,

Thank you so much for answering some of our questions and sharing pictures of James. It's very clear in those pictures how excited he was and how much those reunions meant to him.

It is also clear that Anne and Jack were delighted by meeting James. A picture is worth a thousand words in this case. :)

Chelle

Hi Andrea,

Thank you so much for posting the pictures !
I really enjoyed reading James's story. Although I didn't see the show on TV (I live in Belgium), I liked the update. I met Carol Bowman last year when she was having a workshop here, and I was already fascinated when I heard her speak about James.
BTW, he really is a cute little guy !!! :) :)

Post ABC James show--follow up and questions

Hi! I have read the story --amazing!--but makes sense if you beleive in reincarnation; What amazing is how clear the facts came up--though was a tough job to convince dad! Great job that the parents surrounded the boy with love and understanding and never gave up on the search for validation!

I have a few questions: how is James doing now? Any other details have been revealed? Is he still having his "natural" interests and habits--plane related or aquiring new ones and breaking out of old ones? I wonder by the way if reincarnation or spirit connection is just part of the memory that can be carried over and then fades as the boy grows out of it and grows into his own character;

I also wonder if there have been any things that James Jr. sister have noticed in little James that remind her of her brother; Did James III remembered her and how he relates to her--what did he talk to her about? How their meeting went?

Also, the family was going to attend Natoma Bay reunion--any updates on that event--how did it go, how James reacted?

Please keep us updated as this amazing kid is growing up--does he still remembers that he is James III or he has now forgotten?

Thanks!

Hello,

I've been reading this forum for a few months but this is my first post.

I wanted to say that I really enjoyed the ABC Primetime story on James, and I really appreciate Andrea's followup. I also really appreciate everyone else's stories about the things they hear children say.

I admit that I am extremely skeptical. I have read Carol's books, and I've even thoroughly read several of Dr. Ian Stevenson's books. The logical part of my brain sees so much evidence, yet it's difficult for me to accept. I do not have any memories of my own, and I don't have children, so I've never witnessed this first-hand. I find the idea of reincarnation good and hopeful and I would be very happy if could believe it, but I really do have trouble accepting it. That is one reason I really appreciated seeing James on TV, because I can actually *see* it. When you read the stories you can think to yourself, "oh, they must be wrong.. they must've encouraged him, the parents must be flaky" you know, all the typical denial things your mind does when something doesn't fit it with its standard set of beliefs. But seeing James and his parents on TV- they really seem like normal, intelligent people, and that's really helping the part of my mind that sees so much evidence of reincarnation win the argument against the part of my mind that can't believe it. (I encourage any of you who think you can convince me to go ahead, as I would love to be convinced :) )

I found the "expert" who refuted the story to be somewhat ironic- he presented himself as the scientist, but he could not have been more unscientific about his statements. He didn't make one specific reference to the story and gave no evidence to support his statements. Meanwhile, James's parents had many specific points, and by traditional methods, their story seemed much more scientific.

Andrea- I am curious- what did the veterans at the Natoma Bay reunion think of the story? Surely there must've been some skeptics?

Well, thanks again everyone.. Sorry for rambling so long.. :)

Welcome to the forum, Magnet. :)

The Leninger case really is exceptional, isn't it. :thumbsup:

I can understand your skepticism. There is so much we don't really know about the working of reincarnation. If you want convincing, this is the place to be. All of us I think have had our moments of doubt, but in the end, the proof outweighs the doubt for most of us. It's a journey. :)

Andrea - Thanks so much for the added details about James remembering his sisters. So impressive!

Also, as Sandra pointed out, the resemblances are striking. It must have been hard, though, for James to see his friend and sister as old. That would be tough and perhaps explains why he began to pull away from those memories - as well as being at the age when kids typically "forget."

Thanks for being such eloquent spokepeople. I feel James - and you - chose this opportunity to teach those who would be willing to hear. :)

Mary

My thoughts?

This is difficult, indeed. I have 'heard' that the little boy, as a toddler, was taken to a WWII museum shortly before he exhibited what was regarded by his parents as past life experiences.

Did his exposure to the things at the museum trigger past life memories? Or were the things he saw so horrible to a young, fresh mind that he was haunted by them?

Those of you who are parents may be repelled by my questions, but then again each human mind is different and clings to, for reasons unbeknown, certain things. The mind is a complex thing.

My jury is out about this young man and his very early life experiences just as it is about my own; that is why I am here: to broaden my mind about this alleged phenomena, which on the one hand I want to believe, but yet my left brain demands solid proof - and my right brain finds that silly.

As you can see, I candidly confess my 'mental waffle' about this subject.

Back