• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Life beyond death- Harvard neurosurgeon

igotplans2

Finally! A highly-esteemed academic neurosurgeon at Harvard Medical School has regained the ability to communicate the life-altering story of his own near-death experience. Check out his web page and help spread the word. He is now devoting all of his work efforts to being a messenger of the Light and awe that awaits us in life beyond death. :clapping::jump:)*(

http://www.lifebeyonddeath.net/

Awesome - cannot wait to check it out. Maybe later this evening I'll have some time. Absolutely love it when people with a science degree step over their own boundaries. :thumbsup:

Pardon my skepticism (or is it cynicism?), but read his book with caution. He was in a coma with something attacking his brain. I'm sure he was familiar with the universal sensations that occur during the death process, but the aftershocks of the coma may have tampered with his objective scientific nature. I read somewhere that converts make the most fanatic zealots. Just because he has a degree doesn't mean that, after having an NDE of his own, he is still able to coldly analyze it devoid of emotion. After all, if he was aware of what was happening, it probably scared the bejeezus out of him. His book isn't coming out for awhile, so we'll have to wait and see, but I wouldn't break out the champagne just yet.

Wow Pixarfan! What a brilliant, beautiful video! Thank you for sharing it... I must pass it on! Recently I've had my own awakening to the things she talks about. Imagine my joy at seeing someone of her intellect describing it.

Tman

Eben's new book

Shiftkitty, I would have to say, yes, it's cynicism. If I didn't leave myself open to all that's out there, and prejudged things (or responses to them) before they're even out there, it would certainly be my loss. Having met our Creator as I have, I can definitively say that approaching each new day with a clean plate and giving everyone else a clean slate is the way to go! Eben's from my hometown (I'm in Winston-Salem), and we attended the same prep school (Phillips Exeter). I know a little bit more about him and the full story than what's on the site right now. Just watch and wait.

Very interesting. I'm listening to the interviews in the "Audios and Videos" section and his story is a compelling one for sure. I'm especially struck by the "hyper-reality" aspect of the story. So many NDE experiencers report this feeling of the NDE being more real than reality.

fiziwig said:
I'm especially struck by the "hyper-reality" aspect of the story.
I'm so very pleased to see your post, Fiz! We have all missed you!

What is most striking about Dr. Alexander's story is that he is a Neurologist who would have reacted to any other story with the usual dogmatic resistance that we find among others in his field—that is, until he had his own experience. It is usually the scientists in the field of Neurology, who are the most skeptical about reports of so-called Near-Death.

It is also worthy of note that he did not actually "die" during his experience; but, as you pointed out, the most veridical aspect of his experience was the high level of conscious reality which existed in spite of the fact that his brain was rendered incapable of such consciousness during a seven-day viral meningitis induced coma.

Very interesting, indeed!

I'm pleased that you're pleased. :) I tend to wander off and do something different from time to time, but I always seem to find my way back here.

I'm looking forward to the book, because, as you say, for a scientist, especially a neurologist to be willing to look seriously at the facts of the case is an important step forward. Of course it helps that the case he's studying is his own. Although I'm sure that makes it harder for him to be objective.

And I'm pretty sure his colleagues will say something like "Well, he must have suffered brain damage. No wonder he believes such nonsense." But what can you do? The world is the way it is. I suppose we might as well get used to it.

If I recall correctly they interviewed him slightly on "Through the Wormhole" episode which discussed life after death. Was a fascinating episode.

On the Biography channel, there is a series titled I Survived Beyond and Back, where people talk about their near death experiences. It's very enlightening, and many people have similar experiences in that they see light, or an angel, and even loved ones who have already passed. I have never gotten the impression that any of the experiences are staged.

I love that that more people are becoming aware of near death experiences.

I have not yet reviewed the link provided, but I will make time to do so. :)

Jill Bolte Taylor and NDE links

pixarfan I really liked brain scientist Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor's description of her own stroke:
Thank you so much for posting that link! I watched Jill's lecture last night for the first time, and was so overwhelmed and impressed, I have since have shared it with two other people, who plan on sharing it with multiple other people. It was so incredible to hear someone talk about that chatter that we hear every day, but also that side that we/I *know* and feel exists, but that some of us have so much trouble accessing (namely, ME!).

I've been lurking here for a couple of years now, posting once or twice, but mostly reading and absorbing, particularly during my more darker and depressing times. Yesterday i found the link above (as well as the link below, which i also found here on childpastlives.org) to really be illuminating to me in a lifetime of confusion and seemingly purpose-less-ness.

I also checked out another link (http://www.nderf.org/) yesterday, and have read about 100 accounts over the past 24 hours that have really helped me understand that the thing i've always maintained (but never really fully comprehended or experienced in my almost-43 years) - that life is about love - ONE-ness, building and connecting with other souls, and that we are all small pieces of one WHOLE that we will go back to. But above all, the main purpose here on earth is to LOVE, and to build a bank account of love and connection with each other.

I feel like i can continue on now...that i really know and have an ulterior purpose to my life. I may not know the actual question or experience i wanted for this lifetime before I took my first breath in this world, but i now know deep down inside, it's about our connections and love with each other, and not about all the other mind-numbing BS.

:thumbsup:

Interview on OWN TV this Sunday, December 2, 2012 at 11 a.m. ET/PT. Oprah Winfrey will interview Dr. Eben Alexander, the neurosurgeon who’s views and life changed dramatically following a near death experience (NDE) in November of 2008. Watch Online. I believe it will be archived on the Facebook page for this show. LiveStream.

Overwhelmed by this state of being, Dr. Alexander was then aware of a “tremendous infinite void” out of which a “brilliant orb of light appeared.” This light, he explained, had “an awareness beyond all things.” On his website entitled Life Beyond Death he calls this light “the Divine Source of all things,” that told him he “could not stay” but taught him much about the meaning of life, death, reincarnation, unconditional love, free will and more.
Interview on Dr. Oz Show.

Back