• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Little Quirks

Crystal,

My older sister refused to wear any kind of trousers as a small child, too, whereas I was a tomboy and didn't really care what I was wearing. I do find it a bit odd PL wise as recently (counting from the 1700s) I think I've had only one male incarnation. :confused: But I was somehow very fond of that life (that took place in the 1800s) insisting when I was two years old that my name was Aleksi, not Karoliina. :D

Karoliina

Past related quirks

I can say that the barefoot preference probably comes from having tlo wear those danged Civil War boots...they never did fit right and they were normally sweaty and or wet from walking through a stream. And in the WW2 life my feet were sliced up by a captor who didn't want me trying to run off.
The sudden loud noises (including balloons) probably relate to all the bombings in WW2 and the fact that I died with a bullet to my head, add the fact that in the Civil war my horse liked to suddenly shy whenever a train blew it's whistle. Dang thing nearly killed me.
The height fear is probably directly related to a past life when I either fell or threw myself off a cliff on the Eastern Seaboard of the US in the 1700s after I lost my little girl.

Colors- I used to have a very fashionable years, I would wear the most outrages clothes and the craziest hairstyles/hair colors, people always used to turn their heads like they saw a dinosaur when I passed, ‘how does she have the dare dressing like that?’. I always predicted what would be the next ‘big thing’ in fashion, outrages for people now will be everybody’s desire in the soon future.
Yes, I had a life time as a very tasteful, stylish wealthy man in the 18th century- when colors, wigs and craziness were the fashion. I probably got my ‘good eyes’ and style from that life time and the dare too- I felt it was perfectly normal.

My daughter is always wearing Dresses and skirts, never anything from a jeans fabric and VERY rarely pants. Today children dress simple while my daughter as a small child was always overly dressed, too formal (I loosened up with the time but skirts are a must). my explanation to that is ‘She is a girl, that’s how girls dress up‘. Even myself, I prefer wearing skirts and dresses- as more of an older style it have as more as I am excited to wear it.

Men kissing the back of my hand as for saying ‘Hello’, when I was young I used to send my hand when meeting a male without even thinking of what I was doing. I don’t even know when in history it was a normal thing to do.

Walking on old wood floors with noisy shoe hills. (???)

Every house need to have a piano!! (Ops, I don’t.. yet). No, I don‘t have musical talent (or attraction)and was never raised around music and instruments. (???)

More quirks coming your way...

Now that I come to think of it...

I just hate the noise of a ringing telephone. :D As long as I can remember I`ve found it weird that people should be able to make immediate contact with you- orally. I`ve always considered the telephone as kind of a noisance, interrupting my personal peace and quietness. : angel

I personally prefer to write emails. Sometimes I wish I could go back to Victorian times, where people paid social calls and wrote beautiful letters...:D

Maybe that`s past life related...

-hate wearing a dress or a skirt or shorts..love to wear jean pants.
-will wear socks to bed but will take them off under the covers.
-I hate pointy sharp things near my eyes. Fell like someone will accendetly poke me in them.
-Hate warm weather...I will wear a jacket in the summer or when it's warm...even when I'm sweating.
-I used to carry my jacket around in school and my teacher said I reminded her of that kid from Charlie Brown...Linus.
- I was always scared of the dark....i guess sleep paralysis made it worse...would sleep on my stomach and turn around to make sure no one was at the foot of my bed.
-can't look people in the eyes much.

- Can't abide wearing shoes in the house and will remove them as soon as possible unless I am visiting somewhere/someone where that would not be appreciated (suspect this is a Japanese thing)

- Adore high heels, particularly red ones - shoes or boots - and have done since very young. In fact I only have one or two pairs of flat shoes. I used to have a pair of red heels for dressups when I was very little (7 or 8?) and just thought I was fantastic in them. My little eyes lit up with glee when I first saw them and they fit!! - suspect this is from the most recent life spent totally in heels (dancing backwards mostly, among other things). I suspect maybe I always wanted to have lots of nice (red) shoes but it was difficult in the war and all.

- Cannot bear things around my neck - although I have trained myself to tolerate loose scarves and not be 'such a ninny' - I was hanged and decapitated more than once and having things around my neck makes me anxious.

- Like to wear large bangles on my wrists - have since very young and feel quite naked without them. I currently have some several inches wide and wear them all the time. - I suspect this is some kind of vestigal armour thing, or a life temple dancing, or a bit of both. My arms feel 'weak' unless adorned with bangles. They just look right that way to me and I feel funny without. I actually went out with bare arms the other day just to try it and felt all weird.

- Very relaxed about loud noises. When others flinch I just think to myself "We are not being attacked" - just training from various warrior lives - I have learned to tell the difference between an actual threat and something harmless. I will reflexively jump a little at a burst balloon of course, like anyone, but it does not bother me or upset me - just like blinking if something comes close to one's eyes.

- I will hold up a skirt (or robe or whatever) if I am going up and down stairs, but not because it is so long it will get in the way, it feels like a habit.

I thought of a couple...
If just sitting watching tv not even paying attention to whats on the screen just paying attention to my own thoughts my foot will start to tap, shake, move back and forth what ever you want to call it.
When walking I will put either my hands or thumbs in my pocket... been that way for a while I guess.
I have to have doors locked, everything off and unplugged, and windows shut at night or will stress myself out worrying getting no sleep also been that way since I was little.
edited to add... When going to bed I have to have the ends of the blankets/sheets by my feet under my feet... I don't know why though.
VanH.

Interesting all! Some of mine are:

Fear of deep water and waves.

Love of blue skies with just a few clouds.

Knotty wood pine paneling makes me feel safe.

I panic in crowds and think there is no air left.

The sound of guitars played like what you hear in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly", (Chris Isaak uses this method as well. Have no idea what it is called though) resonates with me on a very primal level, and will put me in a great and relaxed mood.

Attracted to slightly crossed eyes (made me smile big when I read that others share this).

Fifties/sixties style graphics, esp. those used in 'modern' and 'tiki' modes, pull at me and keep my attention (use them in my art often).

Loud noises will disturb me for hours after hearing even just one.

Can't stand the feel of anything scratchy against my skin, so end up ripping out all of the tags in my cloths and buy things that I know will not itch (this one is probably pretty normal, though, eh?)

I touch my face way to often.

Oh, and like you, tanguerra, I will not wear shoes in the house.

I noticed another one yesterday. I had not even thought of it, or noticed it. I often stretch my fingers back - towards my forearm. I am sure this is a carried over habit from my life in India (some several hundred years ago or so) spent training as a dancer from a very young age, when I used to get whacked with a stick for making a mistake. (Those were the days!)

Having bendy-back fingers is very desirable in that type of dance and like any kind of dancer requires constant stretching. I can only get them back about 45 degrees now, but 'used to' be able to bend them right back.

I noticed myself doing it yesterday while at the traffic lights and thought (!) another one. I will often make little special shapes with my hands, ditto. I don't know what they mean (I know they mean something specific) but I am sure this was some kind of daily exercise we used to do back then.

Karoliina said:
...I have always been a bit "Lisa Simpson" about these things...
Karoliina
I am like this with lights and other electronics as well. I also close doors and lids that are left open, as well as straighten things out if they look out of place. Maybe I had a past life as housekeeper? Or something similar, a life where cleanliness and tidiness was part of my everyday life.

I have another weird quirk: I don't like to be touched by most people. You know how some people will lightly touch your arm when they talk to you or put their hands on your back when they walk behind you so you know that they are there? I hate that. I don't even like to be hugged by family members, unless it is my mom or brother. Maybe that's more of a personal preference, rather than a quirk:rolleyes:

one of the more interesting (well, for me anyway!) things i do is wake up and find i'm laying on my back with my hands and arms in a position as if i'm holding a rifle across my chest in a way that would make me reasonably prepared to use it quickly if i was suddenly awakened by a sentry and told there was a raiding party heading our way!!

Soldiers DID used to sleep like that, i've been told since i first noticed this. :)

Interesting thread! I don’t know if these are past life related or not, but here are a few of my many quirks:

- I can’t fall asleep without the radio playing low. The radio always has to be on before I can fall asleep, but it has to be a station that plays 50s, 60s or 70s music. Nothing else will do. It’s like the music speaks to my soul and makes me feel really peaceful, especially doo-wop from the 50s and early 60s.

- I love cold weather, and also feel most comfortable when wearing a jacket or coat.

-I panic at the sight of a handgun…even if it’s only on TV.

-I adore animals and can never be without a pet.

- The last, and possibly the strangest one is that I always have to wear a necklace, at all times, even to bed. I don’t know what that could be from. It doesn’t make sense.:confused:

-Jessi

More quirks

i've been thinkingabout my other quirks - here are some of them:-

1) lifting any type of cap i'm wearing (or was when i was younger) in greeting to people, particularly little old ladies

2) like reynardine, i feel wrong wearing a hat in church, or in shops etc for that matter

3) definitely feel 'right' with bare feet

4) have always been 'naturally' knowledgable about First Aid - bandaging in particular, and usually ww1 style (once described to my mum graphically how to bandage a bullet wound in a persons upper arm or side...then we found the exact same method described in a book someone gave us a few months later! : )))

5) feel 'right' wearing a tie (despite being female) AND Puttees! In fact sometimes i wrap bandages round my legs puttee style to ease the M.E. pains i get in my legs - and it works!

6) the sound of mice scratching drives me to distraction and immediately gives me visions of being in a dark dug out accompanied by BIIIIG rats

7) i hate repetitive noise

8) when i was little i refused to wear any type of skirt or dress apart from a KILT

Anyone bored yet? Sorry, i've always been fascinated by this sort of 'left over' from our past lives so its something i've thought a lot about before

9) I used to get comments on my essays by teachers

reprimanding me for writing in an 'archaic' style...A style which i actually prefer..

10) playing 'conkers' left handed when i'm normally right-handed at that sort of thing

11) knowing how to load and fire a Lee Enfield 303 rifle before being 'taught' rifle-shooting...

12) a dread of general anaethetic

There are probably more, but i won't put you all to sleep! i can provide past-life reasons for most of these so i agree that's why we have some of our 'little quirks' :) :)

I don't know if any of my "special" quirks are past life related or just silly little things that I do but this thread was fun to read and funnily enough I share alot of the same things :laugh:

1. Sometimes for no reason at all at any time of day or night I have this terrible feeling that I have to LOCK THE DOOR!! OMG LOCK IT!! LOCK IT!! LOCK IT!! and I will break my neck trying to get to the door before "they" come in. LOL My family finds this very entertaining.

2. I don't like the dark at all. I always have to have some kind of little light on at night even if it is just the hall light or bathroom light. When I am in total darkness I feel like I am being sucked into some deep dark hole and I can't breathe.

3. Hearing the name Sheba gives me chills and makes me very anxious and nervous. (possibly past life related?)

4. I am afraid of cows and for some reason I just KNOW they are evil. :rolleyes:

5. I don't like getting into elevators and I hold my breath until the doors open again. Sometimes I'll even hop out of the elevator before they close all the way if the feeling gets to bad. I don't think it is closterphobia because being in closets or anything else like that doesn't bother me but an elevator moving on its own is frightening to me. Stairs are a wonderful thing.

6. I love long dresses. The long flowing dresses like summer dresses and sort of sway when you move. It makes me comfortable and I love them. When I was younger I used to wrap my bedsheets around my body and pretended that it was my dress and I would run all through the house with it on. I loved to curtsey. I still love to curtsey and I think it is a custom that needs reviving. lol

thats all I can think of for now but I know there is more :laugh:

I like this thread because the 'quirks" are good clues to past lives i think especially if they are different than your family/people around you. Here are mine (the ones I KNOW I dont get from my upbringing or family-actually many of them confuse my family alot)

I only take my shoes off to sleep - I NEVER go barefoot even in my home, it makes me feel uneasy

I am afraid of stangulation at night (I mentioned this in another post) so I keep my hand around my throat clutching my neckline- now is is habit not fear like it was in my childhood

Sometimes I am terrified to leave my home - a little agoraphobia, it is overwhelming then my be gone the next day

I will not use elevators-this has been very difficult at times

I was terrified of driving (I did not start driving until I was 22 by choice) until I was in a near fatal accident-surprisingly, I am now fine

I have to add this- my sister who does not believe in reincarnation is terrified of midgets ("little people" like the roloff family set her into tears)- I really wish she would be regressed-that could be interesting. My sister is not an emotional person, she is a tough business woman type but she actually cried twice at the grocery upon seeing "little people"

I'm back! It's been so long since i've been on here and now i'm back! I was really interested in reading everyones quirks :) I have some more to add myself so here goes!

1. Heights: I can handle rides, planes, etc...but open air, I won't do. I freak out if driving along a mountainside or cliff, I will never stand close to any edge of cliff and get nervous when others walk to the edge.

2. I'm not a fan of camping, for fear of getting lost or a fire.

3. I have to have some sort of a light on in the house at night

4. I can't stand anything tight around my neck, such as turtlenecks or chokers

5. I'm a very quick learner and tend to do everything fast out of habit. I taught myself how to swim.

6. Old mirrors scare me (mostly for fear of seeing a ghost or something standing behind me in the mirror)

7. I live in AZ, but anything western themed really bothers me - cowboys, outlaws, guns, saloons, etc....Tombstone is the only western movie that i'll watch.

It's a beauty alright. I thought of another one ...

I noticed it the other day when I went to buy some stakes for my tomatoes at the nursery. I was going to carry them home on foot (not having a car) and I asked the man to tie them up with some extra string so I could sling them over my shoulder. It just makes me feel good somehow to sling things like that on my back.

I tend to use a backpack much more than a handbag, but even if I use a handbag, it must have a long strap, as I love to sling a bag diagonally over my shoulder so it's nice and secure. Somehow the action of slinging a 'strappy thing' over my shoulder reminds me of being a soldier back in the day and makes me feel 'brave'. Also, I like to keep my hands free 'just in case' (you never know!). It just feels natural when I'm walking along with something on my back like that.

I've got a few... this is a great thread. :)

*can't stand to have anything tight around my throat

*the older I get, the more my gag reflex kicks in... to the point that I can no longer hold a pencil in my mouth or if I don't rush through my tooth brushing, I gag. :(

Wow - it's been a while since I posted in this thread.

I still can't sleep in a bed that's not pushed against a wall...and I still twirl my hair when I'm tired. Guess those will always stay with me. :)

When I was little - I was a real girly girl. I refused to wear pants and had a mega meltdown if anyone ever suggested jeans to me. Those were BOY'S CLOTHES (oh horror! :D ) I loved dresses - and only dresses. This even went into nightware - I only wore nightgowns - and NOTHING with pants! I even went through a phase of wearing nightcaps for a while - just like the pioneers did. :laugh:

December 11th has always held a special significance for me. I've always felt this was my "true" birthday - and have even had little "unbirthday celebrations" in the past. I don't care much for my actual birthday - which is in May.

I'm a winter person, that's for sure. My birthday is dec. 18th and I love that it is just a week before Christmas and in cold weather.

When everyone else was dreaming of a spring wedding with the flowers and warm sunny days I could only see myself walking into the church in a deep blue velvet cloak, just after sunset - and right in the middle of winter... I have to say my dream came true, I got married in January... :)

I love the opera - to the point of tears, and a total whirlwind of feelings of exhilaration and delight when I go into an Opera house. I went to London with my husband last year for our anniversary (his gift to me, so sweet :eek: ) and had an evening at the Royal Opera House, and all the time I kept telling him "I'm at the top of the world!"

Humiliation and shame - of anyone - will drive me physically sick to my stomach. I can't bear it, it's absolutely revolting.

I HATE clowns (having friends who are actually clowns and whom I totally love and respect and admire - just don't want to see them when they are on stage :tongue:).

This one is pretty ridiculous: I am terrified of character "costumes", or whatever you call those suits that companies pay some poor fellow to wear on malls as advertising. You know, like people dressed up as gigantic burguers or Sponge Bob or things like that. I run away.! :D

That's all for now, but I am sure there are millions of other little things...

I am another one who cannot stand anything tight around my neck. I only wear clothing with a V neck...open as far as is polite. I hate hats also.

I always hated hats and gloves but could wear a turtleneck shirt up until my 30's. After that it became impossible.

As a young girl my mother made all of us girls (5 in the family) wear our hair long. It drove me crazyif it was hanging loose. I slept with my sister and would wake in the morning with her laying on my hair....I felt trapped. At 14 I got permission to cut my hair. 3 haircuts and 6 months later my hair was in a Cap Cut. It's never been long again.

I think I feel these things make me feel trapped....unable to feel with gloves, unable to see with long hair blowing in my face, strangled by a scarf or choked by a high tight collar. Now that I think about it....I also don't like boots because they weigh down your feet. Everything interferes with my feeling of freedom I guess

Oh yeah....keep all those darn elephants away from me

possible past related quirks

I love gardening - but wont grow anything unless it's useful. I only started in the last two years and I dont know much, but I've grown chiles, tomatoes, basil, eggplant, lettuce, chives, etc. Afterwards I had a lot of herbs / spices. I was kinda lost cuz no one else really know that much about preserving stuff. I couldn't figure out at first what to do with it all, so i threaded leaves together with a needle (did the same with the peppers) and hung them below the garage door. When they tried i kept half whole and ground the other half. My mom couldn't believe it when she saw my braided chiles (sometimes I get bored and weave them together.) She said her grandma used to do it the same way.

The other thing - I'm always barefoot when I can be. I'm barefoot on grass, pavement, asphalt, dirt, doesn't matter to me - feet are washable. When I was little I refused to wear shoes. They used to call me zuni-feet (probably a little racist now that I think of it, but it was always something I was proud of.)

I am almost completely unspookable by sudden events and loud noises, and if there is an emergency I'm usually in the thick of things before I realize what I'm doing. Very often my fiance and bro in law think it's funny to sneak up behind family members and try and scare them. They have yet to get me in six years. I've also been around gunshots - unexpected fireworks, and a sudden structural collapse and haven't blinked an eye.

aaahhh yes! Barefoot!

Barefoot is my thing :)

I will go outside in the snow barefoot rather than take the time to put on shoes. I can walk on gravel without a problem. I bet I only put on shoes once a week (thank goodness I don't have to) and then it is just if they are needed. The soles of my feet are like thick moccasins. I also cannot sit on most livingroom furnature (American type), it is too soft for me. I'd rather sit cross-legged on the floor.

Sitting is a whole other thing. I can only be comfortable sitting like an Indian (american or other) on a flat surface. My back actually aches in just a few minutes of sitting on a soft surface.

And I also have the gag reflex some of you mentioned. Brushing my teeth is a very big ordeal. I will throw up instantly if I am not careful.

I'm not sure where any of this comes from, but it is interesting. I am not kidding about any of this LOL Every time I have to go to the Dr. with my quadraplegic friend, his Dr has to comment about the way I sit lol. But the comments don't bother me, my comfort is more important :)

I have so many quirks that it'd be impossible to list them all, but as I recently flew on an airplane, I can think of a few travel-related quirks that may have something to do with a past life at sea.

One thing that's a bit interesting about me is that I don't mind close quarters at all. If I have a spacious room, it quickly fills up with junk -- if I have less room it's easier for me to find a place for it. And I actually *like* airplane food (I'm old enough to remember when they actually served it to non-first-class passengers). I always found something comforting about the neat, compact way it was presented. But I'm not the greatest traveler, because I could never sleep sitting up. Even on 12-hour international flights, when I deliberately stayed up 24 hours beforehand and downed more sleeping pills than I was supposed to, I still couldn't get a wink of sleep. I wonder if this has to do with any past lives where, if you fell asleep on watch, it could get people killed.

My past life regressionist/therapist says that she believes that my this-life OCD comes from my past lives in the military. The fact that everything had to be clean and orderly has sort of permeated my existence now. I hate getting dirty, I hate messing things up, I hate disorganization. I don't know if that's a little quirk or more like a huge part of my life, but I do believe that it partially is related to my past lives.

I also hate loud noises and explosions. When I was little, fireworks used to really set me off. I would start crying and saying that we were being bombed.

Also, having been male in (as far as I know) all my past lives, and being female in this one, I had a really hard time wearing dresses and 'girly' clothes when I was little. Now, I actually like to wear those things and have embraced it, but as a child, it was completely embarrassing for me to wear a dress.

I like this thread. I've always been fascinated by people's quirks. :D

I've see alot of people referencing their feet. Personally, I HAVE to have my feet covered, full shoes. I don't like sandals or flip-flops. I need them to be covered indoors too. Socks aren't good enough. If I can't wear shoes then I'll wear slippers. I've gone as far as taking my slippers with me to someone's house where I knew they didn't allow shoes in the house. :laugh:

I hate having my neck touched. If I have to button the top button on a shirt I feel like I'm being choked. I hate the tag on a shirt collar too. I have to cut it off. The worst is when you get a haircut and you have the scratchy feeling on your neck. Everytime I get a haircut I immediately go home and take a shower and change my shirt to get rid of it.

If I'm wearing pants I prefer my shirt be tucked in. If I'm wearing shorts I prefer it be untucked. That one makes no sense to me. :confused:

I don't like winter weather and I don't like being cold. Give me a hot summer day over a cold winter day anytime. :thumbsup:

I actually remember a quirk I had in a past life. In my last life I was female and had long hair. I always played with my hair in school. In particular I would always bite my hair when I was consentrating. I would put it the long way across my lips like you would put a pen in your mouth. I'm kind of amused by it. I don't know if that habit carried over since I'm a guy and don't have long hair anymore.

I'll post more quirks if I think of any.

I love this thread! :D

1.) I, too, have to have all the lights on, at least most of the time, in any house I'm in, especially in the kitchen and bathroom. I've had a lifelong fear of the dark that's almost a phobia, and definitely used to be when I was little.

2.) I detest wearing shoes. It freaks me out if my toes feel trapped or cramped in any way, which is why I always buy shoes that are a size or two over my real size, just so I'll be able to move my toes freely. I've also got what people have always told me is a rather strange walk, though you have to look closely at me to see it, I think, since it's evidently not weird enough that people on the street beside me turn their heads to eye me when they see me come by; it's a very light, very silent sort of ''bouncy'' walk, which I believe to be a throwback (is that the right word?) from my past lives in Wales and Scandinavia, in which I was used to picking my way carefully across bogs and marshy ground.

3.) I absolutely cannot sleep on my back, and have never been able to. If I do for whatever reason sleep on my back, I have night terrors every time, or at least bad nightmares; and in sleeping, I always have to be covered up completely in blankets from head to toe. The bottom of the blanket has to be wrapped around and underneath by feet, and the top of it has to be thrown some way over my head. It's been that way with me since I was a little baby, though I think I know why I have problems with not wanting my feet to be exposed while I'm in bed in this life. :(

4.) I don't like to have my wrists restricted in any way, either. I panick every time someone gets hold of one of my wrists for something, and I can't even wear bracelets or watches around my wrists.

5.) I utterly freak out if my fingernails are in the least bit long. I've never bitten them, but I'm sort of freakish and obsessive-compulsive about keeping them very well trimmed. Not manicured, because I've never minded dirt underneath by nails, but just trimmed, very short, but never down to the quick. I've also been like that all my life, in this life, as well, but once again, I'm more than sure that my habit of wanting to keep my nails as comfortably short as possible as arisen in this lifetime.

6.) I also hate appearing taller than I really am, for any reason. I don't know why, but I feel like I'm way too tall - even though I'm only 160 cm (about 5'2''), and that's not considered to be overly tall at all. But, because I ate looking tall for any reason, I'm terribly picky about the shoes I wear. I need them to have as little of a heel, or even a sole, as possible, and all my life I've wished that I were at least five centimeters or so shorter than I am. I wonder where that comes from?

7.) I have a real, deep (no pun intended) fear of water, especially deep and dark water, and bodies of water with thick, muddy bottoms; and yet I really love all kinds of rivers and creeks. But I'm fascinated by bodies of water, anyway, though I hate swimming. I love to look at fish and watch fish swim in water, and yet, I'm terrified of a fish touching me when I'm in the water with it.

Now for some little quirks for myself and guess had to think on this. Yes this is such a Great thread!

1) Now even though in this life I have been such a Mountain and Wilderness Wanderer, I have a fear of heights. I have to stay away from the top of any and all cliffs. If I do climb up to the top of some peak or point, am always making sure I am a safe distance from the cliff. And when I was little was petrified whenever I was up high in some Ferris Wheel.

2) Am Petrified of Spiders! Here I have No Fear of Grizzlies and will watch them for hours. But Spiders, they petrify me. I remember a hike I was on when this big spider got in my tent and I screamed and screamed. My friends could not get over this and just laughed with remarking it was just this small spider.

3) As a kid whenever on vacation would have to sit in the front seat and see everything where we were going. My siblings would be asleep in the back seat but not me. I had to see always what was around the next bend bigtime. And even today when heading anywhere, always have to see everything.

4) As a kid went barefoot everywhere and in all kinds of weather. Now as a adult, just wear some little snickers everywhere. This includes also even in the winter when the snow is covering everything. And in my hiking, how often I just wear some lightweight snickers. I just hate it seems wearing boots.

5) I really don't like wearing jewelry and desire just to be my plain self. I Hate Rings or anything on my fingers!!! I don't even wear any watch. And seldom anykind of necklace.

6) Now I walk about everywhere I go here locally it seems and absolutely love it! I don't have a car now and only seldom travel by bike or bus locally. And if I do travel somewhere, then once I get where am going, back to walking to wherever.

7) Now all my adult life since a kid have just lived in my Blue Jeans.

8) Also am quite claustrophobic and Hate closed in spaces bigtime!

I guess this is as good a first post as any. :D

Like many of you, a lot of my quirks are about my feet. I have OCD and a lot of my obsessions/compulsions revolve around keeping my feet clean. I won't ever walk around barefoot unless I'm quickly on my way to the shower. I refuse to let anyone wear shoes in my house, and I freak out weeks in advance if I know I'm going to have sandle-wearing company over (because their feet are dirty when they take their shoes off). I've very nearly stopped having anyone at my house for fear their feet would be dirty or I'd feel too awkward to ask them to remove their shoes.

I used to walk on my tiptoes as a kid. I still do it sometimes if I'm walking on certain surfaces or just wearing socks.

I'm terrified and disgusted by stains that I do not know the origin of. If I have to sit on them or walk on them or touch them, I'm very uncomfortable.

I have everything separated in my mind as being "clean" or "dirty." Only clean things can come into my bed or touch my bathroom rugs. My poor husband has been very sympathetic through all of my discomfort, though.

I am TERRIFIED of any medical procedure. I'm also very uncomfortable being dirty, especially if it's my hands or feet.

Something that's kind of cool: I have synasthesia (mixing of senses), which in my case means I see letters and numbers in different colors.

I have a million million quirks, (most of them OCD related, but many not), but I think these are the big ones. I've heard it said that OCD/anxiety can be related to PL issues, and I definitely think this is true in my case although I don't know the specifics of any past life that might have caused these. But it's interesting how many of us have issues with our feet either way as a result, huh?

Welcome to the forum, Zeolocation. :) I hope you'll like it here. :thumbsup:

What makes you positive your OCD is PL related? Isn't there anything in your current life/childhood that has possibly caused the condition? I know there can be several different reasons to it - related to this life.

Of course it could be PL related, but it's good to look to the now first, if you're looking for healing. :)

Karoliina

Back