• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Music that resonates with your soul

When I was little I was always drawn to every Native American related, including their music. It was to a point where my parents actually bought me CDs of Native American music and it definitely resonates in my soul. I listened to it again the other day:) it's probably not the same tribe, but the sound is close enough to give me comfort. I know of a band (who are moderately famous) whose music is like healing my soul, and they actually grew up 15 minutes from the town I've lived in my whole life. Maybe next life I'll recognize their music and it'll be a clue to my current life:)

This one:

The video with it as well to me conveys a feeling of "singing the Earth into existence" iyswim.

"I'll Find My Way Home" by Jon & Vangelis

Once upon a time I used to make videos. I made two, both using Vangeles music (because it is great spiritual stuff).

I am posting both but (one is way more popular than the other)

I hope you enjoy it! (The art is by Nicholas Roerich and the words are mine (parahrasing stanzas from the Course in Miracles.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...ca39c7582fd7d6ef65a644062f3e4616&action=click

Let me know which one you like more..

I'd have to say, I tend to get glued to bag pipes and East Asian music mostly.

Been really interested in the British Isles, Egyptian and Chinese stuff growing up.

I love everything by Lisa Gerrard. Her voice is so beautiful and the music so spiritual.

This is the link to "Host of Seraphim".

So Last night i ended up on Scott Joplin ragtime... and no matter what (even though I took ballet in this life and we did a show with the ragtime music) Everytime I hear "The Entertainer" I think of "me" a bit more bustier with a red Victorian dress and early 1900s in one of the Eastern Cities... (my mind says New York)

Weird, today was the first day of choir class for me and my mom. I was in the base class and my mom was in the soprano class.

Anyways when I was in the room I could hear the soprano people singing "Now is the month of maying" and I totally daja vu out of Que even though I've never remembered hearing the music before. My daja vs took me back to a sunny day in August 1642 at a concert at a black pointy roofed cathedral where musicians were playing this song. I got a sense it used to be my favorite song as a little girl. I'm really curious to be if there are any pointy cathedrals in Berkshire.

http://youtube.com/?#/watch?v=pLsERiArs0s

Twilight said:
Weird, today was the first day of choir class for me and my mom. I was in the base class and my mom was in the soprano class.
Anyways when I was in the room I could hear the soprano people singing "Now is the month of maying" and I totally daja vu out of Que even though I've never remembered hearing the music before. My daja vs took me back to a sunny day in August 1642 at a concert at a black pointy roofed cathedral where musicians were playing this song. I got a sense it used to be my favorite song as a little girl. I think I may have found it :) http://www.visitsoutheastengland.com/things-to-do/mapledurham-house-p51153

http://youtube.com/?#/watch?v=pLsERiArs0s

Susan said:
Thanks for sharing that. I loved that song when it came out. I will have to download from iTunes and add to my 60's and Fav's playlists.
That was one of my favorites back in the 60s. I was in high school.

Susan said:
Darn! "No Milk Today" has become an earworm for me!
We had good music back then, the British Invasion. LOL

You just gave me an idea. I make my own CDs to listen in the car. I'll make a new one and add "No Milk Today".

A Time of Change!!!

I was just the opposite as a teenager than what I had to be later on when I had a career, as a teenager I was a sandal and jeans wearing young man (but I wasn't bad) I was just a "flower child" learning to play a folk guitar and sing folk songs for my friends.

I liked Peter, Paul & Mary, Pete Seeger, Arlo Guthrie, music of that type of genre, I was a "Love, not War" type of person, but our country was still in turmoil over the war in the 60's, and I was careful not to offend anyone so I remained rather neutral.

This was also the time when I finally came to grips with my beliefs on Past Lives and Reincarnation and everything started to come together for me, I buckled down and started getting serious with my school work and started planning out my life and taking extra classes towards my thoughts of a career for my future.

But even though my career changed me quite a bit, I'm still a "Stop and Smell the Flowers" type of person at heart and the old Folk songs still resonates with my Soul. :)

So lately, I'm uncontrollably drawn to anything to do with Jupiter. It started when I downloaded the NASA Symphonies of the Planets - the Voyager recordings. From the description: "The true ambient space sounds that come from electronic vibrations of the planets, moons and rings, electromagnetic fields of the planets and moons, planetary magnetosphere, trapped radio waves bouncing between the planet and the inner surface of it's atmosphere, charged particle interactions of the planet, it's moons and the solar wind" . I like it all but am just crazy-drawn to Jupiter and the Sphere of Io (One of Jupiter's moons). I meditate to it and sometimes keep it going all day long while I'm working.

I've found some binaural rythms and Soffreggio recordings that use the same frequency as Jupiter and the Sphere of Io, as well.

I have no idea what it means. But I have since found that Jupiter is the planet for my date/year/time of birth. Who knew?

Moby - Porcelain

idk but i heard it as a child and...

Still everytime i listen to that song get strange feelings and daydreams, but very blurry. Only this song make me feel like this, and I havent stopped listen to music all my life different genres. :)

Interestingly enough, I associate holiday music - especially "O Come All Ye Faithful" with the middle ages, even though most wasn't written until the 15-1800s. However, many songs were actually based on songs the medieval period; perhaps that has something to do with it.

I'm currently completely addicted to Tibetan singing bowls and Japanese taiko. Deep base, especially drumming, has always attracted me, in general. The sounds pierce right through me.

Hey Mere Dreamer, that first video really caught my attention...so much that I just listened to another hour of it on YouTube. I've never heard of this before, so thanks!

The music that resonates most with me is usually sad, melancholic, Ancient, Arabian or ethnic/traditional.

The songs that resonate the most might be a bit more modern, but still I'll put them here.

Ne-yo's Coming with You

Just listen to the music in the background. It sounds so... surreal. It makes me imagine the afterlife and reincarnation when i hear it. It sounds so peaceful, so soothing, and don't even get me started on the instrumental break at about 3 minutes in the song!

That instrumental break... I can't even describe the relaxing effect it has on me. When i hear that part... i visualize that I'm in the afterlife... being reborn again, born a female (i'm transgender). Between the time i'm dead and reincarnating I want to hear that song, especially the part.

Ne-Yo – Coming With You:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I've mentioned this one, but I vaguely recall a discussion in this thread or another thread of Suo Gan. May have missed it going through the thread this time. Love it.

I LOVE and emotionally react to instrumental music. A while ago before I quitted all my hobbies & passions:

- I used to write fantasy stories, mythical ones, ancient ones, faeries, god & goddess and always listened to this kind of celtic instrumental music or in ancient latein/language, or any music that gives me sense of mystery & goosebump. This swiss composer is 1 of my fave. I love most of his creations, but I feel that his music more resonate to my dark side (e.g. Combat, ancient war, heart pain, more to neg emotions)
- I like a lot Chinese instrumental music guzheng & bamboo flute 1 2 this kind of music resonates more to my emotion when I feel in love, being artistic (drawing & dancing), engange more in my feminine side. Oh also love other kinds of string instrumental music eg. harp, guitar, etc
- but I also love all kinds of modern music & those in different languages

PS:
Btw music no 2 shows also type of realistic paintings of chinese ancient female that catch my heart

Last edited:
Recently I have got into bluegrass. I do not even know why but there is something very soothing about it.

But one of my favourite songs :

and another one. I have always loved "Summertime" but I think it is even prettier sang by Johansson.

Medieval period music really resonates with me. I have always loved it. It feels familiar to me.

sad violin music touches my soul and make me think deeply about a lot of things.
opera get me nostalgic.i also like the theme song of gladiator.overall classical music especially violin touches me and make me feel hunted ever since i was like 5

Last edited:
Back