• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

New Announcement: The Forum is still alive!

Steve

Grand Poobah
Super Moderator
The Reincarnation Forum will NOT going read-only on Thursday. Repeat: NO READ-ONLY. The Forum will stay open as usual.

We're reversing the announcement Debbie made a few days ago. This new decision involved me, Carol, and admins Debbie and Tinkerman. We all agree that instead of shutting down, we're going to find ways to not only keep it alive, but to breathe new life into it and make it bigger and better than ever.

Please understand, this scare of a shutdown was not a stunt or an accident. We did reach a crisis point. The Forum does need new blood, perhaps new policies, and new efforts to attract more members. We also need to find ways for it to pay for itself. Right now, we're huddling to come up with a plan. If you're interested in joining this new effort--if you have ideas for how to make the Forum better and how to attract new members, let us know. At some point soon, when we can be more specific, we'll put out a formal request for help with building the New Reincarnation Forum.

Steve, Carol, Debbie and Fred (Tinkerman)

Exciting news indeed. There will be a lot of restructuring, cleaning and adjustments in the back ground. In the meantime I suggest that members post ideas, suggestions and thoughts here.

I hope members and guests alike enjoy the space as the forum moves forward.

Promoting on TikTok would probably be a good way to reach a lot of people pretty quickly

Hi All,

Everywhere I go on the net seems to have ads. They're not my favorite, but if they are necessary to keep funding things it is something I think we should be willing to put up with. I don't know if there is a way to keep embarrassing or inappropriate ads away, but that is something for folks with more practical knowledge of net advertising to answer.

Cordially,
S&S

Hi All,

Everywhere I go on the net seems to have ads. They're not my favorite, but if they are necessary to keep funding things it is something I think we should be willing to put up with. I don't know if there is a way to keep embarrassing or inappropriate ads away, but that is something for folks with more practical knowledge of net advertising to answer.

Cordially,
S&S
The real reason I said TikTok wasn't the best source is because there's a lot of general misinformation on there and therefore I'm worried that those types of people will find this forum.

S&S, you can choose the ad types you want to have and reject ones you don't. Also, the ads that do show are dependent on the viewers browsing history. It'd be easy to add them. Also they could ask for donations.

I'll keep it up. It can just serve as a back up?

Honestly, I don't know! I wasn't prepared for this situation :D

Hi Totoro,

I don't know how much it would cost to keep it up, but I definitely hope that you will. I will be in contact by PM to discuss some ideas I have that would not interfere with the current board.

Cordially,
S&S

Hi Totoro,

I don't know how much it would cost to keep it up, but I definitely hope that you will. I will be in contact by PM to discuss some ideas I have that would not interfere with the current board.

Cordially,
S&S

I have no plans to take it down. It wasn't costly at all as I already have a webserver and the url was cheap.

I do like the idea of increasing staff, especially if we do a chat room and other type things. I did join up for several spiritual and reincarnation groups on Facebook they're all terrible.

There's so much content, but it's all so meaningless.. it's people literally clicking "share" on everything they see or it's non sense posting.

I got frustrated and left because my honest questions would get 2 replies but someones meme would turn into an argument and go on for 300 posts.

So I think the more eyes on that, the better to Shepard the content.

I have no plans to take it down. It wasn't costly at all as I already have a webserver and the url was cheap.

I do like the idea of increasing staff, especially if we do a chat room and other type things. I did join up for several spiritual and reincarnation groups on Facebook they're all terrible.

There's so much content, but it's all so meaningless.. it's people literally clicking "share" on everything they see or it's non sense posting.

I got frustrated and left because my honest questions would get 2 replies but someones meme would turn into an argument and go on for 300 posts.

So I think the more eyes on that, the better to Shepard the content.
I'm so sorry; fortunately you have us though. That sounds really annoying. Also may you elaborate what you mean by "nonsense posting"?

@melon04 Posts that are incoherent, trying to troll or get reactions from people, posts that don't really have any point, people trying to sell things, dirty jokes and things like that.

It's mostly what we would consider off topic or disruptive to the forum.

@melon04 Posts that are incoherent, trying to troll or get reactions from people, posts that don't really have any point, people trying to sell things, dirty jokes and things like that.

Oh that makes sense. I didn't know if you were talking about obviously fake memories/past lives or something.

Hi Totoro,
I agree, there are a lot of Facebook groups or pages with dirty things. I have also found two serious private groups International centre for reincarnation research discussion group and most of all "Signs of reincarnation: Experiences & research" with more than 70000 members. I have only seen serious posts. The only point is that this group stay away from hypnosis and regression only focusing on spontaneous memories and dreams. They offer a lot of documents, FAQ and links to scientific research about reincarnation.
Best regards,
Emma

@Emma66 I went and looked at Signs of reincarnation: Experiences & research. I joined. It'll be interesting to read through and maybe help some people. I'm glad it seems like they consider the best proof, verifiable memories, which is also my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion!

One of the ideas Carol and I have already discussed with Tinkerman is to exert a little more discipline on discussions in this Forum to keep them focused and useful. Part of that will be to direct people who want to discuss non-reincarnation ideas--UFOs, for example--to other places online. Maybe a list of websites and groups our members recommend. The sites that are discussing reincarnation-related topics seriously and responsibly we'll recognize as friends, sister sites on a similar mission.

Hi Totoro,
I agree, there are a lot of Facebook groups or pages with dirty things. I have also found two serious private groups International centre for reincarnation research discussion group and most of all "Signs of reincarnation: Experiences & research" with more than 70000 members. I have only seen serious posts. The only point is that this group stay away from hypnosis and regression only focusing on spontaneous memories and dreams. They offer a lot of documents, FAQ and links to scientific research about reincarnation.
Best regards,
Emma
That does sound interesting indeed, but not helpful for me because 1. I don't use Facebook and 2. I don't get spontaneous past life memories, dreams or otherwise.

But with that issue asside, yes it does sound interesting.

Its a general chat forum. It seems pretty slow, but they just want to keep things to memories only. That doesn't mean you can't ask questions or talk though.

I did join up for several spiritual and reincarnation groups on Facebook they're all terrible.

Thanks for telling us! I was wondering what these FB groups are like. I deleted my FB account long ago and I don’t intend to get a new one. Good to know I didn’t miss out on anything there.

Reddit is somewhat better. But the good content gets buried quickly beneath many meaningless, weird or repetitive posts. Replies are often short and shallow, too, and sometimes not very nice.

I have also found two serious private groups International centre for reincarnation research discussion group and most of all "Signs of reincarnation: Experiences & research" with more than 70000 members. I have only seen serious posts. The only point is that this group stay away from hypnosis and regression only focusing on spontaneous memories and dreams. They offer a lot of documents, FAQ and links to scientific research about reincarnation.

I appreciate their rather scientific approach and their focus on verifications and spontaneous memories. I’m sure it would be interesting to read, I’m just not joining because I don’t like facebook.

Many people don’t have verified memories, though. At least not at the beginning of their past live journeys. And many also obtained their memories through regression.

It would be great if we could direct those people, who would like to discuss something that is not allowed or doesn’t really fit in the scientific groups, to this forum here somehow instead of leaving them just with the other terrible FB groups. Seems this forum really needs to be promoted on facebook.

One woman felt hurt who was trying to discuss a regression she did. I sent her a message along with a link here.

However, the message notification is buried within Facebook, for someone you're not friends with. So she hasn't seen the message yet! So that's one more thing!

You can still have general talk over there! Don't get me wrong. They don't shut you down if you ask a question and it's not about verified memories. And no, not many people have them.

However, it does make the group a pretty strict QA thing and to me, that's not as friendly.

One woman felt hurt who was trying to discuss a regression she did. I sent her a message along with a link here.

However, the message notification is buried within Facebook, for someone you're not friends with. So she hasn't seen the message yet! So that's one more thing!

You've probably done this, but a number of FB groups I'm in recommend posting a comment to the person to let them know you've sent a PM, so they know to look in Spam. Those are trading/buying/selling groups though, so expecting PMs is normal; not sure how it would be taken in a discussion group.

Gosh, yes.

I have no idea how to draw more people to the forums, but that is a super accurate picture of social media. I hate when well-established forum communities decide to shut down in favor of a social media group instead. Not only is it a mess of spam, bickering, and "likes", but any worthwhile reads are "here today, gone tomorrow".

I have no idea how to draw more people to the forums, but that is a super accurate picture of social media. I hate when well-established forum communities decide to shut down in favor of a social media group instead. Not only is it a mess of spam, bickering, and "likes", but any worthwhile reads are "here today, gone tomorrow".
The forum is very clean and high-quality fortunately.

Just like other people talked about earlier, maybe Reddit would be good? I'm not 100% on it though but either way it's a much better option than TikTok is (stay far away from there for your sanity). How about a YouTube channel?

My problem with FB is not only that interesting themes sink down quickly. I am a member of Jim Matlocks FB group, but I'll never post there. Simply because I don't want to mix my online identity (fireflydancing) with my real identity. I am on FB with my real name.

I love Reddit, mainly because I follow several serious subreddits (and cats as well, lol). The problem with Reddit is that it needs very strict moderation because situations can blow up quickly and big. Many times, I see a Reddit post that should belong here on this forum, especially when it concerns young children.

Somehow we need to collaborate with existing groups on social media. We all serve the same purpose and all from another angle. We need a system of active referring to each other's target groups.

My problem with FB is not only that interesting themes sink down quickly. I am a member of Jim Matlocks FB group, but I'll never post there. Simply because I don't want to mix my online identity (fireflydancing) with my real identity. I am on FB with my real name.

I love Reddit, mainly because I follow several serious subreddits (and cats as well, lol). The problem with Reddit is that it needs very strict moderation because situations can blow up quickly and big. Many times, I see a Reddit post that should belong here on this forum, especially when it concerns young children.

Somehow we need to collaborate with existing groups on social media. We all serve the same purpose and all from another angle. We need a system of active referring to each other's target groups.

True. From time to time there are really good, interesting posts on reddit and some posts that would rather belong here. But they quickly disappear beneath other content and are forgotten, which is too bad.

I was thinking about a collaboration, too, especially with some of the FB groups:

It would be great if the scientific reincarnation groups on FB, Jim Matlock’s group and the ICRR group, would recommend this forum as a place to discuss stuff that does not comply with their posting rules but which is allowed here like regression or famous past lives for example, or children past lives that would better fit in here. Perhaps they could link to this forum on their info page that is also visible to non-members.

It would also be great if the mods there would direct users to this forum directly whenever someone starts posting such content in their groups that cannot be discussed there but could be discussed here (like Totoro has told above).

In return we could recommend their sites to those people who are interested in scientific proof and serious research on reincarnation. Something like that.

When it comes to FB, people who want to discuss their reincarnation experiences will most likely search for according FB groups. IMO this forum needs to be findable somehow to FB users who search for such groups.

That's not a bad idea @Ocean I think it'd simply be a matter of reaching out and it's mutually beneficial. They have somewhere to direct off topic conversation and we'd have a source of new members.

Here's a thought in that line of thinking. @Tinkerman does the forum software allow users to sign up / in using facebook or google? I think that would be a huge bonus, especially if you were allowed to choose a user name after authenticating.

The process of having to create a username and password and log in from an email may dissuade people from joining as the process is almost antiquated now. Just a couple clicks and you're in may also increase membership.

Yes, I think a cooperation like this would be beneficial for both sides.

I personally don’t like the fact that a google account is necessary for so many things nowadays. But you’re right. Many people are browsing the web on their mobile phones or they are logged in into their google accounts anyway all the time. Especially for those who would come over from facebook this would simplify registration process.

Maybe the last few posts should be moved to the NEW ideas thread, so the forum owners won’t miss to see our ideas?

Back