• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

The future

"TABA, you have envisioned cities in the West buried in ash. This can only be the result of massive volcanic activity, with the only likely suspect being the Yellowstone super volcano."

There is another option for that. The Long Valley Caldera. Its adjacent to Mammoth Mt. That mt. is a dormant volcano. The 16 x 32 km (20 x 10 mi) Long Valley caldera east of the central Sierra Nevada Range formed as a result of the voluminous Bishop Tuff eruption (considered a "supereruption") about 760,000 years ago.

https://www.usgs.gov/volcanoes/long-valley-caldera

Hi Cryscat,

This is interesting. There are many drawings and articles showing the probably areas of devastation from a Yellowstone super volcano eruption. Have you been able to find anything similar in terms of the Long Valley Caldera? I have tried looking myself in order to try and get some type of comparative analysis. Without much luck, unfortunately.

One thing does, however, seem certain. The location of the Long Valley Caldera, being farther from the center of the country, might not devastate as much of the U.S. So, that would be comparatively good news, though still disastrous.

Cordially,
S&S

Hi Cryscat,

This is interesting. There are many drawings and articles showing the probably areas of devastation from a Yellowstone super volcano eruption. Have you been able to find anything similar in terms of the Long Valley Caldera? I have tried looking myself in order to try and get some type of comparative analysis. Without much luck, unfortunately.

One thing does, however, seem certain. The location of the Long Valley Caldera, being farther from the center of the country, might not devastate as much of the U.S. So, that would be comparatively good news, though still disastrous.

Cordially,
S&S
On that page under hazards there is this map. The main reason why this might be a alternative to Yellowstone is because it is a young volcanic system. This map is based off an eruption event from 600 years ago. That eruption was considered small.

https://www.usgs.gov/volcanoes/long...es-above-18000-ft-near-long-valley-california

also

https://www.usgs.gov/volcanoes/long...l-hazards-small-moderate-sized-eruptions-long

Last edited:
Hi Klaud,

I'd very much like to hear more in terms of future visions and insights. BTW--one of the videos posted by TABA also had predictions for the destruction of Tokyo via Mount Fuji. On the happier side, aside from impending disaster, there also seems to be a glimpse of something (at least possibly) better on the other side of all of these disasters, but also very different.

Cordially,
S&S

They were extremely mundane. I didn't even find them all that interesting to tell you the truth. They were things like people I haven't seen for a while making an appearance.

From years of research I can say that should America fall it would open the door to so much worse for the rest of the world due to leaving a power vacuum thus more regional conflicts such as China invading Australia as some have reported dreams in the past couple of years. The same for Europe as there have been reports of invasion there as well for some reason or another such as Italy being invaded from north Africa and that Germany will do nothing to a dream I came across that someone had back in the 1890s (not typo) of Paris being left in ruins from a war twenty years earlier. So there is more than enough reason to keep the US going just a little longer until at least the big Earth changes hit so the other players would be too weak to wage war on any meaningful scale other wise we're all in for a very nasty ride over the next few years.

How did you find a dream someone had in 1890?

How did you find a dream someone had in 1890?

Someone had it written down then later discovered and posted online which isn't as unusual as most would think though it has been around a decade since I last came across it so like a lot of others it might not even be up anymore.

Hi All,

In the midst of some other depressing possibilities discussed (or perhaps supporting them), I thought I would bring up this one:

www.dailymail.co.uk

One-in-six chance of major volcanic eruption this century, says study

Michael Cassidy, associate professor of volcanology at the University of Birmingham, told Nature : 'There is no coordinated action, nor large-scale investment, to mitigate the effects of large eruptions'
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.dailymail.co.uk

So, there are other, somewhat less destructive possibilities, outside of an erupting super volcano or doomsday asteroid. That is the good news. The bad news is that this one is far more likely than the other two, and seems to also jive with some of the concerning prognostications being considered.

Cordially,
S&S

Back