• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What does reincarnation mean to you personally?

Dear Journey,

I don't think that you're a baby spiritually. Not that there's anything bad in that, but I think that all the people that come here and are interested in reincarnation in a serious way are pretty "old" spiritually.

But it's good to admit that there's a lot of things to learn. :thumbsup:

Someone once said that a young soul will get angry if someone tells them they are a young soul - claiming they have to be old. But when someone says the same thing to an old soul, they are okay with it. ;)

Karoliina

heh journey, :D I lurk here a lot. Shyness I guess...and there is so much to learn. A good friend of mine has been reading about it since the 70's. She told me she is still learning new things everyday. My favorite pl book is Other Lives Other Selves - by Woolger. What are you reading now?

thanks ophelia and karolliina

I haven't read a lot about reincarnation, only the Denise Linn audio books. I have a feeling I'll be reading a lot more about the subject though :laugh:

For me personally, reincarnation offers ways of understanding, experiencing and enhancing the spirit. It is the perfect way to grow spiritually and closer to god. I believe that reincarnation allows you to come back to earth as many times as you want, until you have reached a level that is right for YOU. Then you decide where to go next. If you look at it like that, life is surely a continuous lesson in which we are here to learn and grow wise each and every time.

We face difficult circumstances here on earth - but we know that, we know that because we decided on our own free will to return. For me personally, it's about finding happiness - love and awareness and enjoying life.

For those who are a little cautious of the fact of reincarnation, that is OK. You are not forced to come back, but I believe the option is always there.

And for those who ridicule the after life and reincarnation, would god almighty (the creator of the universe, the father of possibility) only give you one tiny chance at learning for it all to be over just like that? What about people who die tragically through no fault of their own? God the creator just wouldn't allow it.

And also, for me, I have all the evidence I need to know that reincarnation and the afterlife exists. Energy can't die, neither can it be destroyed. It simply changes to a state that is beyond our recognition. Just because you can't see or hear the frequency of mobile phone energy waves, or maybe radio waves - it doesn't mean they are not there before you can hear them. They are there, again on a frequency out of our logical perception. The same goes for our spirit (which exists, but on a frequency we can't usually see)

This is a little bit off topic, but I'm encouraging examples because it's so important to see that possibility exists beyond logic and that reincarnation is as good a possibility or reality as the next.

PL memories help me to be more successful in this life, much stronger and responsible. The idea of reincarnation gives the feeling that everything has its sense.

Such unusual experience has helped me to understand better my character, my role in this world, my aims.

When very close people die or just go away forewer I feel much more about it, because I knew much more. And all these feelings being even strongly unhappy base on hope.

I've learnt, there are no better or worse lives. The most common life can have its beauty, cause it's life and it's yours.

Reincarnation means alot to me personally. First of all it takes so much pressure off of life. If you live with the belief that this is your one and only shot, it's no wonder people are so stressed out, or depressed, or terrified of getting older. If you know you've lives before and you will live again, you realize life doesn't have to be perfect. It's OK to make mistakes. You don't have to live with regrets.

Secondly, we segregate ourselves so much as a society. Whether it's race, gender, religion, nationality or whatever, I call it the "Them Over There" Syndrome. I realize that it's all BS. Whatever "them" you're looking down on you've probably been one of them in the past or will be in the future. It makes you think twice about who you're judging.

Do newer members have anything to add?

I think it's important to remember that first and foremost reincarnation is a spiritual concept that is meant to help us understand our present selves and present issues through past lives. If we put all the "science" aside, what have reincarnation meant to you on a personal level? :)

Reicarnation explains everything

Hi everybody,

As I have discovered who I was in my past life ;I have been suffering but healing something too. Suffering because in my last past life I was a mother of a person whom I really love in this life. However, in this present life the person is just my best friend, I have just known it since from June (this year) and up to that time, I have been having a hard time dealing with it. I told him about our relation in our past life but unfortunately he doesn’t believe in reincarnation .In the past (in this life),we both had to try to stay together like ; working beside, but since I discovered , I wanted to stay closer to him but I think I scared him acting like a mom. Now I understand all my love for him since the beginning of our encounter. I stayed far from him during three months and I suffered a lot. I dreamt of him unbelievable everyday ,my heart beat so much when I saw someone who looked like him. Now..after the time apart finished ,we come back to see each other again and I have been trying to hide my feelings for him as mother , acting like a friend ,just for staying near each other as we used to do in the past. I need to say that here in this forum, I ‘ve met many people similar to me .I really thank you all for posting comments about your experiences . This question was very appropriate to me . I am sure as the time passes I will get to go on near him ,even knowing about the past life, but learn to let our past relationship goes .yet ,I assume ,it is very difficult to do.

Light :(

I think anyone reading your post would probably relate strongly with your feelings. Everyone has encountered situations in which they or someone they knew seemed to be driven crazy by love for no explainable reason. Reincarnation offers a plausible explanation, which can help to cope with the situation without driving someone else crazy.

I have often warned my sons about such attractions by saying, "Be careful of those you are magically attracted to, for it may be about unfinished business!". Maybe that's whey they're still single in their 30's. :confused:

Reincarnation is to me the believeing that I once will see my daughter again, who died when she was four months old from a congenital heart disease. The thought of reincarnation and the possibility of it being true is an enormous comfort and has helped me through the grief.

I absolutely did NOT believe in reincarnation before I lost her, but only a few days after she died a friend said to me that "souls never part". It felt comforting even if I didn't believe in any such mumbo jumbo things as souls...

I guess it is never too late to change your opinion. Or to have

your whole belief system turned upside down. ;-) One evening I

googled just that phrase and one webpage led to another and I came across the books of Carol Bowman, Brian Weiss, Michael Newton ... I bought and read book after book, which was kind of expensive, but better than any therapist. :)

I am now pregnant again with a little girl. One thing that makes me curious is a thing that my three year old niece said to my mother (her grandmother). I, my brother and my niece were visiting my parents over a weekend. In the morning my mother got up early and has breakfast with my niece. When I arrived in

the kitchen later in the morning my mother told me that my niece suddenly had said during breakfast that "mom is in Örebro and uncle J (my husband) is in Stockholm and cousin K (my daughter) is with the angels" then she looked surprised and continued "no, not anymore, she has taken the elevator down and she is with aunt L now".

I didn't know it then, but I later discovered I was pregnant at the time she said this.

Is it the soul of my firstborn daughter coming back? I have no way of knowing for sure now, but maybe time will tell.

I think it would be the most *lacking a strong enough adjective here* wonderful thing ever if that turns out to be the case, but I also think that if we live as souls for eternity, then there will

be plenty of time to see her again even if not in this lifetime. And whichever scenario, everything will be as it should be.

So, after my long ramblings, the conclusion is that reincarnation to me means comfort and a new sense of meaning to life and everything.

Hi Nyfiken, thanks for sharing, and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter.

Children seem to have far more insight than a lot of people give them credit for. I've read about several cases very similar to yours where the youngest member of the family seems to know a lot more than they should. I wouldn't go so far as to say that your daughter is definitely coming back as your new baby, but I would certainly keep those things that your niece said in mind.

I think there is a good chance that you will just 'know', the first time that you look into your new baby's eyes, you might perhaps feel the familiar 'connection' that you felt with your first born. But above all of that, it's best to just keep an open mind. Like you said, she may not be ready to come back yet. So your question is one that nobody can really answer for you, except to say that it is very possible.

Chris :)

Hello Nyfiken. No one can say for sure whether or not the soul of your new daughter is the soul of your daughter who has passed. It is possible. What we do know for sure is that the soul of your new daughter will be a very special soul to you. And I have no doubt that, whether in this life or the next, you will be reunited with your daughter again someday. :angel:

hi Nyfiken,

I 've read your post and I've got sad for your lost.But when you mentioned your pregnancy I 've got pleasant for you.I hope this baby is your daugther.As you read my post I really believe in reincarnation and I've got my son again,unfortunately; not as my child but...I am with him again.

light

Thank you all for your kind responses to my post in this thread, it warms my heart a lot that you take the time to write me nice replies.

Time will perhaps tell about my daughter, but I now rest in the confidence that, no matter what, everything is as it should be.

In my particular situation - it's helped me make some sense of all the rapid, extreme, and often chaotic changes that have happened in my life (the soul exchange).

My whole life has completely turned around for the better!

But it has also given me a 'sense of direction' - where I am going with things, why I am doing what I'm doing, etc. And to me that's the most important - this sense of direction...which is in a totally opposite direction of how things were prior to the soul exchange.

Jewlz….. every time I see your smiling face on FB brings me joy. Ran across this tonight, no time to remind myself what the other posts say. But thank you for being you!

To me it means that we are first of all souls who experience a life in a physical body. That every experience is different and teaches me something, even the life that seems the saddest and full of suffering has something positive to remember. ( Hungarian orphan who emigrated to the USA and died shortly after his arrival, Marine killed in Vietnam, slave in Egypt, Cossack in the Imperial Guard of Catherine the Great, betrayed and killed in a primitive tribe on a Pacific island.... )

I have health problems, but I know I’ve been through worse than that in my past lives. It gives me strength. I am also proud of what I have done in my lives.

As I’ve just discovered this and I’ve found several lives, it’s a bit disturbing. Concretely I spend a lot of time searching for documents to validate my experiences and memories and to put everything in writing. The good point is that I am greatly improving my historical, geographical and linguistic knowledge. But on the other hand I also have nostalgia of some period of time and start to cry. I wish I could visit some places of my past lives.

Wow that's a big question. For me personally the process of reincarnation is the evolution of consciousness (the soul if you will) itself. That not only means just us as human beings, but all life in the cosmos. We call come here so that the soul may know itself by its own experience. Which is why we are all here in the first place. We tend to forget that the physical plane is also a spiritual dimension as well. And a very important one. For it is here where we learn the most being that the challenges that are met and overcome here are at their greatest. During the course of our many PL's it's not the goal that changes us but rather the journey getting there that does.

In the end when we finally do reach a state of enlightenment, at some point along that journey we realize that God's divine love flows through all life within the cosmos and has brought us full circle. We then realize that everyone and everything is exactly where they need to be in this moment. For in the eternal now that we realize we already live in eternality. But in order to get to that point we must experience for ourselves how we got there by experiencing our PL's for ourselves. It is a personal inner journey that one must experience in order for it to be real to the self. Once it is experienced, we are never the same again. For now, we know that we are soul and not the body. And in doing so we lose our fear of death. And in that moment do we finally learn how to embrace life and truly live.

P.

Last edited:
For me is the proof that there is more before and after that that.
Also i guess for many peoples can make some kind of comfort the idea that if you fail into a life, or you have a bad life, you can do better next time.
Also, can make confort the idea that a lot of people that die with violente and injust horrible death or die as little childs can have another chance.
Personally, about my memories, it not means much particulary, but is just a interesting fact that study, is very strange that i have so many PBE memories.
Also, i want to understand WHY my life is so full of troubles.
Pity that my memories, and also my initiail born situation, wasnot so terrific, like the event that i faced after 14 of age.
So i not guess to had a so bad karma or i was a bad person into PLs.
so, at the end i understood that my life is bad cause i did a tons of bad chooses.
should be interesting to explore alternative life paths for me, more that past lives, for full understood all mistakes i did, all good things i did, all my sins, all challenged and possibilietes that i losts.
But honestly i think i will do it only when i will face God at the end of this voyage.
Honestly, i have a tons of empiric perceptive proof of existance of "dark matter" and spiritual dimension, not just material reality,but PBE (pre birth memories) are one of the more solid stuff.
the others are secret and off topic, so i will not talk of that here.

Hi everyone,

Although I don't have specific or clear memories of having reincarnated, I was certain that we all reincarnate from a very young age, 4 or 5, when I didn't even knew the word reincarnation. The thought that everything would just fade into nothingness seemed ridiculous to me because to me our sense of self and the sheer awareness that we exist seemed indestructable (even though I couldn't yet phrase it that way). So I imagined that, after death, we would find ourselves in the womb again. I hadn't yet thought of the idea that there may be an afterlife and I'm still not certain that going to the afterlife, a higher plane or whatever we can call it, is necessary for a soul. Perhaps some would rather want to remain on Earth and roam about until they find a nice family.
I always wonder whether my huge interest in East Asia (Japan, China, Korea) that I had from a very young age too is a sign that in my past life I was either born there or lived there for most of my life (perhaps a vital moment in my past life happened there?).
What reincarnation means to me would be another chance perhaps? I don't know how much freedom a soul has in choosing their next life but sometimes I wonder why the heck I've chosen this one.

Hi everyone,

Although I don't have specific or clear memories of having reincarnated, I was certain that we all reincarnate from a very young age, 4 or 5, when I didn't even knew the word reincarnation. The thought that everything would just fade into nothingness seemed ridiculous to me because to me our sense of self and the sheer awareness that we exist seemed indestructable (even though I couldn't yet phrase it that way). So I imagined that, after death, we would find ourselves in the womb again. I hadn't yet thought of the idea that there may be an afterlife and I'm still not certain that going to the afterlife, a higher plane or whatever we can call it, is necessary for a soul. Perhaps some would rather want to remain on Earth and roam about until they find a nice family.
I always wonder whether my huge interest in East Asia (Japan, China, Korea) that I had from a very young age too is a sign that in my past life I was either born there or lived there for most of my life (perhaps a vital moment in my past life happened there?).
What reincarnation means to me would be another chance perhaps? I don't know how much freedom a soul has in choosing their next life but sometimes I wonder why the heck I've chosen this one.
well, rencarnation can't stay or continue forever and ever, some kind of afterlife exist, looking at testimoniances of NDE experiences.
how many times folks return to Earth (only Earth?) i guess depends case from case.

well, rencarnation can't stay or continue forever and ever, some kind of afterlife exist, looking at testimoniances of NDE experiences.
how many times folks return to Earth (only Earth?) i guess depends case from case.

Do you mean that eventually, it won't be possible to reincarnate anymore? What if the soul desires to reinarnate still?

Do you mean that eventually, it won't be possible to reincarnate anymore? What if the soul desires to reinarnate still?
No, Obvious if a soul want to return to earth is free to do that. the Souls have the free wil after alll.
I mean that i guess is just much more that simply jump between life to life like the serial Quantum Leap with Scott Bakula, if you never seen it, but i guess you should like this old serial tv series cause, also if is focused about time travels, talks about something mostly similar to what do you think about it.
what i mean is that, looking at NDE experiences and at researches of Monroe and Brennan there are also much more things that are into spiritual worlds, also if i know that "spiritual" for scientific approach, is a term not most likeable.
but honestly i not know how other words can define a state of reality when all is energy, not electromagnetic energy, but some kind of mental energy, and everything you think or desire become real.
i consider howerver that universe is done only by 5% of periodic table matter elements and all other things is dark matter unknown. and i suspect that dark matter cannot be seen or registered by device and machine cause is into other planes\dimension of universe. so probably is the bioplasmic \ bioenergetic matter there is the component of cosciusness, soul,memories, thoughts, etc.
but that's just my opinion.
That's mean there into universe there are at least a dozen of realities that are hidden by human perception of reality.
But honestly, reality is just what see our 5 senses and what we think reality is, related to our perception.
pity that human physical senses can see only a little portion of all odors, electromagnetic waves, sounds etc. and mostly thing they cannot see.

Reincarnation to me means I have forgotten all the knowledge I have had and all the languages I have spoken through hundreds of previous lives and it really hurts. On the other hand, I am glad that the the veil of oblivion has spared me the excruciatingly painful memory of the deaths of my parents, brothers, sisters and children.

This life is so full of pain, sorrow, loneliness and regrets, that honestly i should be okay to forgot it if i reincanrate into a new, fresh, heal body. for me is just an experience, at the end, what's really care is the mind state and level of self knowledge and the behavour that have a soul. i am a very better person respect of the shy, silly, aggressive and fearful child i was on my young age. so, if i will restart a new life with the actual level of selfknowledge, mentality and widsow, i have nothing to complain.
about the lost knowledge, they are never lost at all. into istinctive way they stills as talence. and so they can be quickly relearned.
also in my childhood i had the feeling that for many things was not a new learning, but a re-learning.
So, honestly for me it's okay. i just hate the idea to die without complete my job and with too much pain. i hope it will be a fast and unpainful thing.

Back