• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What is the spitual world & Astral realm?

John Tat

Senior Registered
There is always scepticism about those who claim they have or do travel to the spirit world, Astral realm have OBE's and so on.
It is interesting that those who claim to be spiritual and/or travel to some type of spiritual world are viewed with far less scepticism. The fact is most embrace the idea of a spiritual world and are therefore far more likely to believe the experiences of those who claim to be spiritual. My belief is there is no spiritual world there is no Astral realm and there are no such things as ODE's. They are all human terms along with God, Heaven, Hell, and Ascension and so on that gives some form of meaning to the unknown. Even though I have used to term Astral realm if I had to swear I had travelled to the Astral realm then I could not do that.
I prefer to call them all what they really are. They are other dimensions some people have the ability to travel to. When you first travel to another dimension you search for what you experienced in the physical world to bring some rational to what is happening to you.
I have found when you travel to another dimension reality can be anything you want it to be. You can live out your fantasy's and/or beliefs or you can allow yourself to be guided around and learn
A TV set is good example to explain what I mean. A TV set can be tuned into many channels. If a TV set was another dimension
with the press of a button you can be in New York, another press you are in London another press and you in Africa photographing animals in the wild another press and you are living your fantasy of living on Mars. That's how it is in another dimension Where you go depends upon what you want to experience... or you can allow yourself to be guided and learn
What better way of defining your truths could there be than to live out your beliefs in another dimension even though none of it is any more real than it is in the physical world.
Going to another dimension will never change your beliefs, it can in fact validate them That is unless you want to learn. You are given that option

John,

It has been the accepted theory that all that is exists on seven planes. The lowest being our physical plane, above the astral realm, the highest is our higher self (being in oneness with all). When we are asleep we do spend a certain amount of time out of body in the higher astral (Astral has a high/low spectrum).

Near death, explained - Salon.com

The first part of the article describes the woman's OBE and NDE. It is fascinating reading.

Here is a later part of the article:

"...NDEs are the vivid, realistic, and often deeply life-changing experiences of men, women, and children who have been physiologically or psychologically close to death. They can be evoked by cardiac arrest and coma caused by brain damage, intoxication, or asphyxia. They can also happen following such events as electrocution, complications from surgery, or severe blood loss during or after a delivery. They can even occur as the result of accidents or illnesses in which individuals genuinely fear they might die. Surveys conducted in the United States and Germany suggest that approximately 4.2 percent of the population has reported an NDE. It has also been estimated that more than 25 million individuals worldwide have had an NDE in the past 50 years.

"People from all walks of life and belief systems have this experience. Studies indicate that the experience of an NDE is not influenced by gender, race, socioeconomic status, or level of education. Although NDEs are sometimes presented as religious experiences, this seems to be a matter of individual perception. Furthermore, researchers have found no relationship between religion and the experience of an NDE. That is, it did not matter whether the people recruited in those studies were Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, Buddhist, atheist, or agnostic."

John Tat said:
There is always scepticism about those who claim they have or do travel to the spirit world, Astral realm have OBE's and so on.
It is interesting that those who claim to be spiritual and/or travel to some type of spiritual world are viewed with far less scepticism. The fact is most embrace the idea of a spiritual world and are therefore far more likely to believe the experiences of those who claim to be spiritual. My belief is there is no spiritual world there is no Astral realm and there are no such things as ODE's. They are all human terms along with God, Heaven, Hell, and Ascension and so on that gives some form of meaning to the unknown. Even though I have used to term Astral realm if I had to swear I had travelled to the Astral realm then I could not do that.

I prefer to call them all what they really are. They are other dimensions some people have the ability to travel to. When you first travel to another dimension you search for what you experienced in the physical world to bring some rational to what is happening to you.

I have found when you travel to another dimension reality can be anything you want it to be. You can live out your fantasy's and/or beliefs or you can allow yourself to be guided around and learn

Going to another dimension will never change your beliefs, it can in fact validate them That is unless you want to learn. You are given that option

I think I know what you mean, John, and I think you're totally right!

But that's human nature. We need to put names to things, we need to categorize them, we need specific images and words for realities that are far beyond our comprehension. We do it all the time, even without being aware of it. Our minds take those images and concepts as if they were real, and create their own reality. That's why many people in their NDE's believe they have seen Jesus, or a certain prophet, or talk about having been in "Hell" just because it was dark, "angels and demons", aliens, etc.

When you think you have left behind ancient beliefs, soon you are trapped by new beliefs which basically are the same but with different names. That's why I thought Khrisnamurti's reflections was so spot on when I talked about them in that other thread. We believe we are making a revolution, and we are just building new prison walls...

I'm starting to like your ideas, as you show a freedom barely seen:

You're so right here! You have to be really "awakened" to know how true this is, at least it is when you are in the closer dimensions to this one. Truth lies somewhere beyond all those beliefs, and you have to be very careful not to be trapped by them once again. I believe that once you reach the true spiritual realm, you are finally free of all those beliefs, you no longer need them, as you are face to face with the Truth.

Back