• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

When a past life is affecting a current life

Ogat

After having memories of a past life and after I met someone from that life in this life, I have problems with moving on.

I feel that my past life experiences, though they have been very interesting, are somehow taking over my life. It comes and goes, sometimes it's worse and sometimes I feel better. But I don't have anyone to discuss these matters with, so that's why I hope to maybe get some answers and ideas from here.

My story in brief: On a vacation in another country I met one man from a past life. This evoked a lot of feelings in me and made me realize that I had been living there before. I met this person a few times but I don't know his name or much else about him. My story is not only about him but also about my love for this country which has lead me to learn the language and move there for almost a year.

Now I'm back home and together with another man from that country. I constantly feel the longing to go back. As I saw someone else write in the forum about longing to go home, this is exactly how it feels. I want to go home and I feel I don't belong here. But it's not possible right now for me to go back for several reasons.

My problem is also that I have been thinking about and missing this other man every day since I met him almost two years ago. It may sound crazy, but to me it's the person he was that I miss, since I don't know much about his personality in this life. I can't contact him and don't really know his name even though I know approximately where I could find him. But I really wish that I could know him just a little bit also in this life. I guess it's like missing someone who died, but know that he's still alive in another country, but you can't contact him. Though in this life of course his personality could be a lot different.

In our past life he died very suddenly in a young age, and I guess that's what makes it so hard for me to just let it go. When I see someone who reminds me just a little bit of him I get a desperate feeling of sadness, but it also helps me to remember his face again. It's not necessarily a romantic relationship, we could also have been very close friends or siblings, I am not clear about this yet. But I always wonder: What could be the reason for us meeting again in this life if we're not meant to be in touch?

I would like to have a closure on this, to accept things as they are, but it's so hard. I have been thinking about seeing a regression therapist or listening to a regression tape again, but at the same time I'm afraid because maybe I will experience something that would make me feel worse. Or maybe I will experience other past lives which I don't think I can handle since this one is taking all my focus.

Sorry for writing so much and if it's a bit unclear but recently I have felt very upset and insecure about how to deal with all this, and hope to maybe get some advice from someone who has experienced something similar.

It has been my experience that when we return home—either to a past life or a present one—everything and everyone has changed in some way or another. In this respect we can never fully recover what we had. And no matter how hard we try, even the things, memories, and relationships we manage to recover have each moved on along their own path of progress and growth and we find ourselves deeply affected as though we have been left behind in some way. If I understand you correctly, this is how we allow a past life to affect a current life. The key phrase here is "we allow" the past life to affect our current lives, instead of realizing that we are each on our own path.

We have a tendency in our culture to "lock onto" familiar people and places, as if we can pick up where we left off. However, this tendency denies us the opportunity to continue on our own paths, which very often must ultimately be traveled—sometimes alone, and sometimes with strangers or other familiar souls whose paths are the same as ours for at least a little while. But the idea of being with one soul-mate forever too often causes us to delay or stray from our intended path. I believe the truth is that we are all like ships passing in the night, or sometimes traveleing with each other but only for a short while until we chart our next course. Nothing is forever except our individual souls, and we must be willing to change our individual paths as the need arises.

I know how you feel Ogat. I met somebody that gave me the same emotional content. When we first met two years ago, he told me he was going home only after a few weeks . I felt extreme sadness and cried. I didn't even know the guy and it was so bizarre!

We both know we have past lives together and he actually ended up staying here. However, when I don't see him, I miss him terribly . It is the most bizarre thing and when I see him, it isn't a romantic thing because he so much younger than I. BUT , I do remember the past life that we had. The love or affection or whatever you want to call it. It is the weirdest thing and I just can't shake it off.

It has been two years now since I have known him and the emotions are exactly the same as day 1 I met him. I don't want this and it has caused me extreme hardship for myself and for him. I can see that we do have weird energy karma and he has an effect on me like nobody else there does. I trust him with my life though and he does with me. I don't look at him like a romantic la-la guy when I see him but the energy / emotional content feels so strong that it is very difficult to ignore.

I wish I never met him actually as my life has been turned upside down. I don't know what to do. It is like I'm stuck to his energy. so weird!!!

Ogat, this is an interesting situation, and the fact you sensed it is something the majority of people will not even acknowledge.

Similarly, I met a woman with whom I shared an amazing, instant connection. We were quickly involved in a heated romance for several months and it ended almost as quickly as it began. We have not been in touch for nearly two decades, but the effects that relationship had on me are still very clear.

Fast forward to a few years ago and I had a vision of her and felt the overpowering need to track her down and somehow find out what the vision meant. While looking for her, I also had an akashic reading to find the energetic reason and soul level understanding of 1) why we fell in love so instantaneously, 2) why it ended when it did, and 3) what is meant by the vision and her seemingly coming back to me energetically.

The answers were:

1) we are primary soul mates and have played countless roles incarnate together...on the "other side" we "work together" on whatever we do over there;

2) we were not meant to live this lifetime together...we were meant to meet and grant each other a "blessing" which we did...after our blessing we were finished with each other for this lifetime;

3) what is meant by the vision is certain aspects of that past relationship, the depth of the love, the sense of caring and compassion, all were what I am intended to seek now...not from her, but what I need to focus on in the future...she was used as bait to pull me in this direction and help "set the table" for my future endeavors and the rest of this lifetime. As soon as I heard that from my readers, the desire to find her disappeared...I wish her well, but I do not need to find her and ask the seemingly boneheaded question "I had this vision and it was really clear and it was you...what might it mean?" It was only then I found out where she is! I haven't and won't get in touch, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

I have obtained tremendous knowledge and understanding about various issues I have encountered through reading the akashic records, or the book of life. It is quicker and easier than a hypnotic regression and can be less expensive.

Usually when we think "Our past lives are affecting our current lives" we see it as something negative. We tend to separate past and present and consider them things that shouldn' t be touched, that shouldn' t be merged. If instead of missing this person from another life you were missing somebody you knew years ago in this life, would you feel the same? Don' t consider this life and past lives as separate things, consider it as a long long journey. The human mind likes to separate things (like days for example, we like to see the sun and think "this is today, then the sun goes down, then when it goes up again is tomorrow" but if we are locked in a room with no contact with the outside we have no idea where the sun is and we measure time different, or we don' t measure it at all, maybe we should start seeing past lives that way, anyways, sorry for rambling)

I understand that the human soul likes to go where it' s comfortable, countries that are comfortable, people that are comfortable, and it' s only comfortable what it' s known. However, meeting past life people doesn' t stop you from meeting new people, on the contrary, one person leads to another person.

So my advice is, if you heart wants to be with that person, well, go after it! Better to regret something you did than something you didn' t do.

I absolutely understand how you feel, Ogat! What you describe is so similar to what I have been through that it's almost spooky!

I had past life regression twice and each time I remembered the same life, in a country that I love very much and always longed to go back to, even though in this life I had never been there. I remembered being married to a man that I was very happy with, but the happiness ended when he got killed at a very young age.

Last year I finally had chance to go to that country on a vacation, and I felt so at home, so at peace, and felt such a love for that country, it took my breath away! Sadly I couldn't stay and due to my personal circumstances it is doubtful if I will ever have chance to go to that country again - but I'm learning the language just in case...

I miss the man that I was married to in my former life very much and even find myself crying at times because I miss him that much. I haven't met him again in this life and I'm convinced he has not been reincarnated, though whilst I was in said country, I "understood" that he would always be watching over me from the other side until we are together again.

I'm also very hurt that I have to keep quiet about all this in daily life for fear of ridicule, and that I have to keep quiet about who I originally was, or rather more, who I really am.

Thank you so much all of you for your replies. I have been reading from now and then in the forum, but somehow I'm a bit afraid of coming here because I know it will bring the sadness again when I think about the whole situation.

Ginger2: For me it's also two years since I met this guy, and i feel exactly like you. My life has been completely turned upside down from this, and yet I don't know where I'm heading. I like to think though that maybe that's why I met him, so he would help me turn my life in another direction, and I hope i'll be happy in the end. It must be confusing for you to have that guy around you, but at the same time nice that you both remember your past lives together. For me I would like some kind of closure, the meeting with this guy was so extremely strange and I think he must have wondered very much who I was, and why we both behaved like we did. We met a few times and said only some words to each other. It's a long story but since then I've only wished that I could contact him some way. Even if he would say that he would never like to talk to me, that would be a huge relief. Because then I think I could let this go and just look at it as a very unusual meeting. But as I know that we were both very curious about each other and acted very strangely when we talked, I can't help to feel that it would have been more fair if we could have gotten to know each other just a little bit before we said goodbye. I mean I don't know even his name or anything about him, and I feel like I found him just to loose him instantly again.

usetawuz: It was really interesting to read your story and also to hear about akashic reading. I will definitely look this up. And even though my story is different it was actually very comforting to read the answers that you got, maybe it's something similar in my case, at least I wish so.

The reason that I can't let it go was that more or less when i saw this guy for the first time I recognized him instantly, and it was the day I needed to leave from the country where he lives, so I knew I would never see him again. I cried a lot without knowing why. Then I came back months later for other reasons, only to find him in the exact same spot again. I thought that now will certainly be the last time I see him, so I took the chance to look at him to at least remember his face. Then suddenly he talked to me and said something completely random that I still don't know why he told me. When I left I just got the thought to leave a paper I already had with my name behind, I put it under a chair without him seeing it. Some days later he turned up out of the blue in another place, said he found this paper, and that I had to come back next year, then he left even without a goodbye. Some minutes later I saw him opposite the street staring at me for some minutes. Then he walked away and when I later walked in the same direction he was gone. For many other reasons, I took his advice and came back the next year, but I never saw him again.

If I would ever meet him again and talk to him, I would never mention anything about the past life. But I just wish I could only know his name, that he's ok, and that I could be able to say goodbye to him, nothing more.

Owl: Thanks for your interesting comment. Except from this experience I'm quite new to reincarnation, but it's always nice to learn more and get more things to think about regarding the subject. And as for the country where I'm comfortable I've certainly found it thanks to this experience, and I hope I can go to live there one day. Yet I have not visited the place where I think I lived in my past life, but I wish I can do it soon because I think it could help me.

Ankhesenamun: I agree with you, our stories are very similar! It was really nice to read your comment, and I've also read some of your other posts. The only thing that differ is that you know about your past life but have not met the person in this life yet, while I started remembering when I met this man from my past life. I also cry a lot, still, it's a really confusing situation and it feel so at home in this country and hope to be able to live there one day. I can even get irritated sometimes because some parts of the country, the lifestyle and the people are "too modern" for my taste, since I remember how it was a couple of hundred years ago. But I know it's impossible to go back, we can only try to make as much of our lives now as possible. I hope you can visit your former country again soon. I also recognize your feeling of not being able to talk to anyone about this. This is very confusing to me too and the more I try to not think about it, the more often the thoughts appear in my head.

I just feel that I need to post here. A week ago I met the man from my past life again. I saw him by chance when I turned my head, and a few days later I met him again and asked for his name. I thought I should ask him out for a coffee, but before I had the chance he asked me out. We talked and talked all night. He seemed to be instantly connected to me. I had to leave the next day but we are in touch every day and plan to meet again in two months. I have not told him anything about my past life, but he seems to be very spiritual and open minded so maybe I will tell him when we meet again.

He is the one who's taking the lead and we are very close already. I can't believe it. He is so sweet and it's like the most amazing love story I have ever heard about. We are only friends yet but I think both me and him know this is something more. Who knows what will happen, but my whole life has changed, I no longer have to look everywhere for him as I used to, and have my heart beat faster if I even see someone who barely reminds me of him. I feel like I'm complete now when we are in touch and whatever will happen I know it's faith.

Back