• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Why did you choose the userpic you have?

Owl

Super-alt Mitglied
Hey, i was looking to see if there was already a thread like this but i couldn' t find any, sorry if it' s repeated.
I was wondering, why did you choose the userpic you have? is it you now? you in the past? what special meaning does it hold for you? If it' s you in the past, was it hard to find?

Mine is a secondary character from the movie The league of extraordinary gentlemen. I could never find a picture of my Victorian pl self and this guy is the closest i could find to somebody looking like i looked back then.

How about you?

Mine is my second child and my only son. His picture is here because I was told thirteen years ago by a psychic "if you and your wife don't hurry up and have your son he is going to have to go to another family, and that is not what you planned!". At the time I got this advice I was living a very different life than I am now with no real sense of what we discuss here. He is my daily reminder of something more than what we all conceive and what society allows as the norm...a greater reason for living a good life.

Mine is a picture of my favorite band, Sha Na Na, back about 1973-74. I chose this particular picture because it's one of the few I have that shows my two favorite greasers, Chico Ryan and Vinnie Taylor. Taylor died in 1974, Chico in 1998.

Personal userpic/avatar

I chose this image of a "light at the end of a tunnel" -- as this was an image I experienced during one meditation; a mediation for the purpose of PL recall.

If at some time in the future, I have a good idea of my PL, a similar image (if a photograph of my PL is not available) will become my new avatar.

Marc

I got mine from studying "interplanetary symbols" ... yeah, I know it sounds goofy but they are supposed to communicate positive energy ... this particular one says it conveys the power of courage and pure success. When you click on it, the description says, "It takes some courage to remember one's real worth when it is contrary to the prevailing conventions." ... which seemed to me particularly relevant to this forum ...

Great thread!

Mine is a picture of the Medieval tapestry 'The Lady and the Unicorn', which used to be my username as well, until it needed shortened for moderator use. :thumbsup:

It's just me last week at my granddaughters first birthday party.

:tongue: At least for now. I change mine from time to time.

Mine is a picture of my 11 years old cat Kira. I am a veterinary doctor, what did you expect? She is very special to me because she came as a gift after the sudden death of a kitten I had adopted from an animal shop in which I was working at the moment (it was my second job and it was quite horrible, I tried to save her but I couldn't).

Mine takes me back to a past life dream when I was shown a painting of several great grey fish that suddenly leapt from the page, very much alive, and started swimming around me! That was an interesting dream, as I was shown a photo of my future then too, a scene which I later visited and recognised as being that photo, further on in the same dream!

Mine is the tagline from the tv show the "X Files." I chose it because "the truth is out there" goes along with the theme of my username.

My avatar picture (to the left) depicts a scene from my Past Life (PL) dreams I had as a young child.

I believe this scene was the last scene I remember seeing before I drowned in the English channel as a young WWII RAF Pilot whose cockpit canopy was jammed thereby preventing egress from the aircraft.

Whether the aircraft and/or body is still at that spot is a moot point, I no longer have any use for that "carrier" for my Soul, that body having done it's job so many years ago!

A man and a bear!

My picture is of the scene in the Bayuex Tapestry which I remembered working on in one of my PL. It was the key that opened up the door to this life! I have been to see this tapestry...it was very moving!

Mine isn't too exciting, but is a userpic I've had for about 6 years online.

It's part of a painting that I was interesting in buying to complete a set I had. At the time I had just moved, was decorating my place, and had made myself a cozy room with rich, warm colors and the paintings described above. It was here where I started going online to meet other people I had known in the past. This userpic seems to represent those times of fascination, joy, fear...all those good things

Funny though, is how I also use an orange userpic on another reincarnation site [though that one has text]. I guess I just like orange, eh?

Many years ago, during a very trying time in my life, some amazing online friends sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. The thought of them reaching out to me really touched me, and I knew I was in the right place.

When I returned to the site and saw the photo again, that same feeling came back. It still brings a smile.

Thanks again. The warm and fuzzies are still here. The reason for the flowers is not. Of course, none of us could have known then that it was all a lie .... and, years later, when I discovered who he really was, and that it was all a lie, I removed that liar from my life.

Sharry said:
Mine is just me. I'm not sure it's showing up actually?
I can't see it here, but I see it when I click on your name and view your profile!

Sharry said:
Mine is just me. I'm not sure it's showing up actually?
Sharry, the image that appears with your posts is called an Avatar, and you haven't posted one yet. What you have posted is your Profile Picture and only appears with your profile. Try going back into the User CP (User Control Panel) and go down the left-hand column to "Setting & Options", click on "Edit Avatar", and add your photo there.

Mine is an acrylic sculpture by Frederick Hart entitled "The Kiss." Some years ago I was in San Francisco and had the great pleasure to attend a showing of his art. This statue blew me away. Hart is the artist who did the sculpture work on the National Cathedral. Anyway, my avatar has always been the same, it reflects a timeless desire and passion frozen... waiting to be set free.

Bumping an old thread for fun!

While I'm another user who likes to change profile pics around, the current for now and the foreseeable future is a fossil specimen. Geology as well as marine life are a few of my favorite leisure studies. Dunkleosteus was a genus of critters who had their last heydays nearly 400 million years ago. Pioneers of their time, although they didn't stick around.

This is a fun idea! Mine is a collection of different images of my eyes at various important moments in my life.

In the bottom one I'm looking at my friend X. He must have been saying something amusing (as usual).

Great thread, thanks for bumping it Spatz! Mine is the pattern that is part of the flag of Bayern and the coat of arms, which is a place I love in this life and the last.

My current profile picture is of an attempted drawing I made of me in my last life. It's not a great drawing, but I think I captured the essence. It's a drawing that I kept on going back to, and I eventually went too far with it, spoiling the hair (there's far too much of it), not happy with her mouth either :rolleyes:

Mine's Hiccup from the How to Train Your Dragon movies :) I end up relating to him soo much sometimes it... can actually get pretty deep :p OMG

Back