• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Why we care about PL experiences.

"Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old" -Ralpph Waldo Emerson

Sometimes discovery of one's past is the way to look into our future. It's an adventure to be re-discovered.

For me it's purely curiosity. I am absolutely fascinated with history. I would like nothing more than a time machine so I could go back and simply watch. Grasping at past lives is the closest I can get to this.

There have been feelings and thoughts that have added to my curiosity--things that can be explained no other way.

Lawyer Daggett said:
I am now gravitating toward further sessions of hypnotherapy with the rationale that as I am blessed in this life with the knowledge of past lives, further knowledge could enable me to make some additional payments at the bank of Karmic debt, thereby avoiding a bit of pain (and a painful life or so) later on.
But I wonder, is this cheating?
I don't believe it is cheating. There is no law that says reincarnation is supposed to be a secret. Remember, reincarnation is accepted in eastern cultures. It is the western Judeo-Christian societies who have denied it. The more we know about our past, the greater knowledge and understand we have of ourselves. I don't think this is a bad thing. Especially if it is with the intent of being a better 'you'. Besides, those who are owed at the bank of Karmic debt would probably apprieciate speeding up the payment process. ;) :D

TLD said:
Theoretically, I kind of feel we aren't suppossed to remember these past lives unless they can somehow teach us...at least that is what I am hoping and seeking! I feel life should be about the future, but if we can learn from the past and apply it to the future it is a useful tool....make any sense?
This is almost exactly how I am trying to look at it. I remember having always had vivid dreams and an active imagination, which is what I thought the dreams were tied to. But at the same time, there was always an undercurrent in my mind that there was more to my imaginings than just imagination, and that somehow, they were 'real'. It was one of these dreams that led me into the whole concept of PLR - I had an unusually recurring and 'timeline' dream where I NEEDED to know the name of someone in the dream and for some bizzare reason thought I would look him up in the census collection - he actually existed, and not only that, all the details regarding his name not being his real name and just a nickname, and everything else related to that dream were absolutely correct! So I got a little flustered and confused with the whole academia V. intuition V. curiosity type thing conflicting within me, and thought I would investigate if anyone else has found the same - which is how I ended up here.

I am puzzelled though, as to why I have seen these things - I can 'dream' and see things in my minds eye without even being asleep; I figured there had to be a reason for it - if perhaps I was experiecing them as I was meant to see or learn things from it. In some ways looking at things this way helped me to justify it, as despite having had evidence and wanting to -and knowing that I believe it, I am still torn with the thought that perhaps everything is just coincidental.

Since finding this site and reading what people have written, I think perhaps the dreans/visions, ARE there to try to show us something - maybe deliberately regressing is slightly different, but I mean having and seeing things spontaneously - someone somewhere is trying to help you out and give you the means to solve problems or come to an understanding of, or rationalise issues or conflicts in your life q6gif ....?

****...just erased a brilliant post;-)

The gist was...if we use our PL memories constructively its good, if we use it to inflate our egos, not so much.

One of the things I like here is that there aren't a lot of people running around saying "I was Napoleon...or I was a priestess in atlantis". That approach to Pl experiences was always a big turn off for me. There is no point, imo, of remmbering without learning. If Napoleon showed up, that would be fine, as long as he was trying to get over his need to dominate Europe.

Hope that makes sense:)

TLD said:
If Napoleon showed up, that would be fine, as long as he was trying to get over his need to dominate Europe.
Hope that makes sense:)
I love your style!

Meeting up with Napoleon and saying, "Get over it!".

Wonderful!

I would have loved reading the deleted post.

Thanks! Sadly, if Napoleon reincarnated, it was probably as Hitler:-(

Hope he isn't lurking around the world these days!

If you could be the reincarnation of anyone who would it be? Might be a good thread:)

Cool!!! Ben was pretty cool. I started a new thread on the topic:) p.s. we are neighbors, I live about 6 exits south of you!

Why I care about PL experiences? because i need to know why i am the way i am, why i do the things i do, what choices i made before to realize what choices i'm more prone to make this time around (probably the same, i care too little about patterns and too much about destiny to change, which is... bad, but i don' care) and what things i would probably never do no matter how much i think about them.

I can't pretend to live all my life with retrograde amnesia in a world of illusions, not when i always felt that i didn't belong to this country, not when i always felt that i didn't belong to these times, not when my mind and heart were somewhere else, somewhere lost gone. So i have to remember. I have to know who i was to know who i am. People say we are different people in every reincarnation and we have nothing to do with the past, How can i believe that when i seem to be making the same choices all the time? when i seem to be thinking the same things? being in the same place? looking pretty much the same? having the same nervous tics? writing about the same things and even some minor randomness that i drew in 2008 i ended up finding out later that i drew the same in 1942, ugh! It gets to a point when it's annoying. I spent some good time last year trying to actually find out what's new, what's from THIS life.

So the more I know about the past the more i know myself and what i' m likely to do. Sometimes it's useful to make decisions, i can know easier what i'll be good at.

What a wonderful thread, I've loved reading your experiences, Nightrain and Usetawuz (as always). :thumbsup:

Me, I was lucky enough to grow up in an open-minded family, especially my dad. Books about NDE's and other "paranormal" subjects were usually seen around the house and my curiosity made the rest. I read "Life after life" by Dr. Raymond Moody when I was 10 or 12 (or even before, I don't remember exactly), and though I received a Catholic education as well, I never felt it was too dogmatic and there was never a conflict within myself (I would stop going to mass soon anyway, as I did feel out of place there).

So, I was aware of the reincarnation concept from a very young age, and I had a few past life dreams during my 20's, but I didn't pay too much attention, or maybe the time wasn't right, and I was too absorbed by studies and then work.

If I had known before... Only recently I felt as if someone took me by the hand and led me right here, to find the answers I was seeking and solve some of the problems I was experiencing. Now I know how I can reach my past life memories and I feel truly blessed, it's like a confirmation to what I believed all my life, and it's surprising even shocking sometimes to get those glimpses of who I was before.

I feel very much like Owl says, that information allows me to know myself much better and understand my personality and the reasons why I reacted in a way or another. It helps me to see this life as only a chapter in a long long book. I'm still wondering why I'm remembering now, is it because I needed the answers and my guides let me have a look? Or is it just a natural state all human beings will be in the future, as a product of evolution? Maybe it doesn't matter, as long as I become more conscious of who I am, what I am doing here and what the important things in life are.

I get "angry" sometimes because I feel those past life memories belong to me and they've been hidden from my knowledge. I know it's for a reason and I probably agreed with that, but it annoys me anyway, and now that I can "relive" some of them (only what I'm allowed), I won't stop doing it.

Why do I care about my pl experiences...Like others, I have a fascination with history. I started having dreams and memories when I was so young I didn't even know what 'reincarnation' was yet. So needless to say, as I got older I only wanted to explain and learn more about my continued experiences!

For me I don't seek to remember I just do.

I think I still remember because I've held on to traumas and because I've tried to hold onto people.

Sharry your words are my own, exactly!

I've held on to traumas and because I've tried to hold onto people.
It is a blessing and a curse... the blessing is in the lessons learned and the knowledge that this is not it.... the curse is in the yearning, the sorrow and the pain.

Again, welcome.

Tman

Tinkerman I like your picture of the diamond in the rough. It's what we all are isn't it? I have been asked by my mother why its so important for me to know about PL . I had to think long and hard for a while. I grew up in a family who's religious beliefs conflicted with what I already knew. That we are eternal and we can return. There are some people who simply come into this world unaware. Every time someone can prove they have been here before it knocks a soul into the aware category. I think its a step in the evolution of the soul to finally become aware. At least for me anyway.

Back