• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

ChrisR - Lisbet in Ecuador

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisR

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator
For as far back as I can remember, ever since I was a child, I've been having a recurring dream, about 3 or 4 times a year.

In this dream I'm a little girl, about 8 or 9 years old. I have long brown wavy hair, and I'm wearing a kind of long white gown, and i'm fleeing from a volcanic eruption, I mean I'm really running for my life.

I'm with an adult man, who I think is my father. I'm looking back and I can see fire coming from the mountain, and the air is very hot. My father spots a large pool of water and starts laughing as he runs in to it, and he's shouting at me to follow him in because we'll be safe in there.

But as I watch him run into the water, he starts burning as if the water is boiling. I think he dies because i'm suddenley left alone. That's always the point where I wake up, usually in a bit of a panic so I don't know if I survived or not.

Active volcano

About a month ago I had another dream which I've never had before which could be related. This is from my journal....

"October 1st 2006 - Last night I had a different dream which must surely be related to my other past-life experiences. In this dream I am again the same little girl as in the other dreams, this time I'm with two other children who are my friends, another girl about the same age as myself, and a boy who is a bit younger. I'm wearing a white cotton dress, the boy is wearing brown trousers and a cap and the other girl was wearing a similar style dress to mine, although I think it is a different colour.

We're climbing up a grassy hill, which isn't very steep. We're going to look at the volcano, which seems to be quite active on this particular day.

I get the impression that the volcano was active for most of the time, and this was normal as I don't feel at all scared as we're making our way up the hill. We can hear rumbling and the odd bang which sounded like a very large firework. The volcano is obscured by the hill we are climbing.

When we reach the top of the hill there is a narrow path which we walk to the end of into an opening where we can sit on the grass and see the volcano. There is some smoke coming from the crater, and as we sit and watch there is another very loud bang and quite a large amount of material is thrown into the sky. A few seconds later we are caught under a shower of small stones, they don't seem to be big enough to cause us any injury, but we are all very alarmed by this so we jump up and run back down the hill towards our homes. This is where the dream ends."

I've never had this dream before and when I woke up I was a bit freaked out by it, but also very excited as it's clearly connected to my other dream.

Chris

Lisbet's first kiss

"This is a dream, but like my recurring dream, this is no ordinary dream, all my senses are very acute, everything is as if I'm there inside the dream. I've rarely seen or felt Lisbet anything other than scared and lonely before, and here she's happy so this is kind of a new experience for me.

I'm walking through a wood with a boy who is 2 or 3 years older than me. The sun is shining through the trees, and glistening on a pond to our left. We're holding hands, I know he likes me, and I like him. Interesting that he speaks to me in a language that "I" can't understand, but Lisbet can.

We walk through the wood and come out into a clearing. The sun is shining, it's very hot. The boy is pointing and says something like "Esto es kerer"? and before me is the most beautiful scenery of rolling hills as far as the eye can see. We just stand there for a while in silence looking in awe at the sun lighting up the fields in different shades of yellow and green.

I soon become aware that he's "looking at me". Suddenley I feel very shy and I just stand there looking at the ground, swaying my shoulders back and forth. The boy moves round in front of me and stands there a while trying to look in my eyes. Not saying anything with one finger he lifts my chin up to face him, and with the other hand he gently pushes my hair back then he kisses me on the lips.

I can feel myself blushing, I've never been kissed like that before, I'm a bit taken aback. I smile and look back down so that I can hide my red face behind my long black hair. He then says something pronounced like "Honto para see empay"???. He then pulls a folded up piece of cloth from his shirt pocket and unwraps it. Inside is a necklace, it looks like a small teardrop shaped piece of amber, with a tiny white flower set inside it. The "chain" is made from what looks like thick black string. He ties it loosely around my neck. I love the necklace, I thank him and then quickly kiss him on the cheek :) "

Going to town in a homemade cart

Here are some memories from my past life as Lisbet, the little Ecuadorian girl:

I remember a lot of activity going on, lots of hustle and bustle and us kids were just getting in the way. Three adults, one of them was my father, are loading up a couple of rickety old home-made carts that look like they're about to fall apart. The adults are loading up with various goods, and we're preparing for the long journey into the village to trade in the market there. We're taking an assortment of various sized jars, some farm produce, some handmade clothing and rugs and a variety of other things (maybe some bananas? ;) )

There's me and my friends (another girl about my age, and a younger boy) we're all playfully arguing over who gets to travel on the cart with the "oval shaped wheel", there isn't enough room for the three of us on one cart, so whoever loses is in for a very uncomfortable ride. Being outnumbered, and also being the youngest, the boy loses the fight and takes his place on the cart.

The carts are being drawn by two donkeys on each, and we set off early in the morning. We are travelling on a long dusty path with long grass on either side tickling my legs and feet as we go past, my friend and I are laughing hysterically at the boy on the other cart, bouncing up and down like a rag doll because of the wobbly wheel...:laugh:

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Everyday memories

Fishing with my father

Here's a memory from my past life as Lisbet

I'm with my father and we're fishing in a fairly large lake. He has a fishing rod that looks like he made it himself as it appears to be just a stick and some wire.

I think he's using the rod for the first time, and he's trying to land a very big fish for us to eat. I'm up to my knees in the water and laughing at my father, the rod is nearly bent in half because the fish is so big. He's trying to pull it in, and i'm trying to catch it. The fish is so big and slippery and thrashing about, my hands are only small and clumsy and i'm getting thoroughly soaked.

The rod snaps and my father falls back into the water, the fish escapes with half the rod still attached to it. I try to look concerned for my father, but i'm also trying not to laugh because he doesn't look very happy. :D

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Random memories

Knowing things that you "never knew"

In my regression I revealed that one of my names' in a former life was Lisbet, and that I perished in a volcanic eruption in Ecuador in 1957. Now in my current life, before the regression, I'd never consciously heard of the name Lisbet, and, being no expert on geography, I never even knew there were any volcanoes in Ecuador. But after the regression, I was fascinated when Google returned hundreds of results when I simply typed in the name "Lisbet", and "Ecuador Volcanoes"..:butbut:

In a memory of another life, I saw myself as an adolescent girl, riding a horse on a carousel. I never knew it before this memory, but I've since learnt that the term "side-saddle" was used to describe the way that ladies used to sit on horseback....this was exactly how I saw myself in that memory, something else I was consciously unaware of.

Another one that I found out only yesterday. In another memory I have of Lisbet, I see my father playing the pan-pipes. Although i'm familiar with the pan-pipes in this life, I never knew until yesterday that they are a popular instrument in South America, particularly in the region of the Andes...which is where I lived my former life as Lisbet.

Chris.. ;)

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Knowing things that you never knew

Childhood memories of first love

This is the extract from my journal:

I'm making my way down a natural pathway. To my right there is open fields and hills, and to my left there is a brook, overgrown with weeds and other plant life. I get some way down the path, and I can see the boy (who's name i have yet to learn) We greet each other with a smile, then we continue walking along the path, holding hands. I'm aware that I'll be in big trouble if my father finds out that we've been seeing each other. (I'm still "daddy's little girl"...and boys are strictly forbidden...:rolleyes: )
We reach the end of the path, and the brook ends in a "pool" of water, which is quite deep, but not very big. I'm really fascinated by this pool of water for some reason, I crouch down and I can see my reflection in it. I look a bit closer, and I can see tiny frogspawn attached to some rock, but i'm still disappointed to see there are no frogs.

The boy is standing right behind me, I get up, and he seems to have deliberately positioned himself in a way that we're facing each other, with our faces almost touching as I get up. I feel a bit awkward, and shy, I know that he wants to kiss me, and I want him to, but I'm a bit worried about it..I kind of "slide" myself under and away from him.

We continue walking the path, and come out into a clearing. I can see large "blocks" of something (I think it was hay, or something similar) and there are lots of them scattered around. We continue in to the clearing and there are some ruins of a building, it looks like it used to be a house, but all that's left are the foundations. I'm walking around and I can make out where the rooms and the walls used to be. This also fascinates me for some reason, I get a strong feeling for the family that must have lived there once, even though I have no idea who they were.

After spending a while in the ruins, we have an idea, and begin making a "house" out of the blocks of hay. By the time we've finished, it's looking very impressive. There's a small entrance, which we have to crouch down and crawl in through on our hands and knees, and there's room inside for both of us to sit comfortably...It feels very cozy in there together. We sit quietly together in our "little house" for a long time, he has his arm around me, and I'm snuggled up to him, with my head on his chest, and my arm around his waist. It's not too long before I get the feeling that he wants to kiss me again. I'd really like for us to kiss, but I'm worried that if we do, then maybe i'll be pregnant.... :eek: ....Unfortunately, that's where this memory ends, so I never got to find out if Lisbet ever got "pregnant"...: angel
Chris.. ;)

This post and discussion is continued in the thread memories of your first love

Lisbet's life....so far

It's been a while since i updated the account of my previous life as Lisbet, and i've recalled plenty more memories of her since, most of them are pleasant, and some are not so pleasant, but i treasure them all.

For those of you who don't know anything about Lisbet, i'll try to give you a quick summary: Up until June of last year, when i joined this forum, i'd been having recurring nightmares through my entire life, of being a little girl and losing my life in a volcanic eruption. Shortly after becoming a member here, i went for a regression, and that revealed that my name was Lisbet, and that i was a 12 year old girl living in Ecuador in the mid 1950's. Further research showed that the volcano that i perished under was called Sangay, and that it erupted on June 2nd 1957, which just happens to be my birthday 8 years later. Sangay is a very active volcano, but the eruption in June 1957 was only a minor one, Lisbet happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I've been able to remember her death, which was very hard. I've remembered her being raped by her own father, this also gave me a difficult time. But there have been many nice, everyday memories, like going to school, playing in the river, fishing with my father, travelling to the village by donkey, one or two "romantic" memories.. :eek: .. these are to name a few. I've even met Lisbet face to face through meditation.

Yesterday, while meditating, i recalled several names of places. The name "Cosanga" popped up when i saw myself as Lisbet in the small village that she used to travel to with her father, to trade goods for food. I also got the name "Yacaharu", which i'll come back to later.

I was very excited to receive these memories, and my hands were shaking as i looked up each name on Google. I was amazed to find that there is indeed a village called Cosanga. I read everything that was available, and when i saw pictures of this village, some of them were instantly recognizable. Whilst reading about the area around Cosanga, i came across pictures of a river called Yanayacu, a remarkably similar sounding name to the "Yacaharu" that i recalled in the meditation. Again, some of the pictures i recognized, and they took me back to some of the many happy times Lisbet had, playing in the water there.

Remembering the name of that village has opened up a whole new avenue for me to research, and so far i've found many pictures of the village, pictures of the dwelling places, other buildings, and pictures of the volcano itself. They've all brought the memories flooding back.

Chris.. ;)

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Lisbet's life...so far

Remembering "Father"

I have many memories of my father from my previous life as Lisbet. We had a very close relationship that had it's ups and downs. We lived in a very remote part of the world, so family and friends were very few and far between. My mother had died very early in my life, possibly when she was giving birth to me. So it was just me and my father to keep each other's company for most of the time.

I called him "Pappy", and he was very protective of me, but he also had a very cruel streak. He never really got over the loss of my mother, and, seeing so much of her in me, he'd often take out his frustrations on me. He also had a short temper, and i'd often be on the receiving end of a beating, for some minor offence. But he'd always be full of remorse afterwards, as he'd try desperately to make things up to me.

I can clearly remember one occasion when he entered my room during the night, he laid down next to me in my bed, then he went on to sexually abuse me while i laid there. I was growing into a young woman, and i guess the older i got, the more of my mother he could see in me. Although i was uncomfortable and confused by what he was doing, i wasn't scared, i didn't think he would ever harm me. And i wasn't sure if it was normal for father's to do this to their daughters, so i just laid there in silence and endured it. It seemed to be something that he did on the spur of the moment, and again, he was beside himself with remorse after, and i took pity on him. I think, as Lisbet, i could only ever see the good in him. (I still feel compelled to make excuses for him, even in this life)

Despite his cruelty, the majority of the time we spent together was happy, and i have many happy memories of the things we did together. One of my funniest moments with him, was when we were fishing in the river. He had a "home made" fishing rod, and he was trying to land a big fish. The rod snapped under the weight of the fish, sending my father falling backwards into the water. This memory made me laugh out loud, and i still have a giggle every time i think about it... :D

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Remembering Father

The horror of child abuse

I have memories of being raped in one of my past-lives, however, i feel a bit uncomfortable about posting all of the details, i have mentioned it only briefly in a few of my posts.

However, i felt compelled to respond and share my thoughts. For anybody who doesn't know me, i was a young girl in this particular life, when i was sexually abused by my own father (i'm not sure if rape is an appropriate word here). One of the reasons why i hesitate to post about this, is because even in this life, i still feel the need to defend him, we had a very close relationship full of ups and downs, we lived in a remote part of the world, and most of the time we relied on just each other for company. Despite this, and some of the other harsh treatment that i sometimes suffered at his hands, my father loved me very much..(there i go again...defending him)

My experience was full of mixed feelings. As a young child, somewhat cut off from society, I wasn't sure if it was normal for a parent to being doing this to their child. Even though it felt very uncomfortable, and i sensed that what he was doing was very wrong, he did it in a way that felt like he was performing an act of love for his child, i don't know if you can understand that, but that was how my young mind perceived it, so i just laid there with my hands clenched and endured it, too scared to deny him, and not knowing how to react, or how i was meant to react.

It was only afterwards, when i saw the tears, and the terrible look of guilt on his face as he left my room, and the bloodstain on my bedsheets, that i realized the full horror of what he'd done. I don't recall any further memories from her life of how we dealt with this situation

Chris

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Flashback of girls life

Attending school in a remote region

I have some pleasant memories of attending school, also in the 1950's, but it was very different where i came from, as it was a remote part of the world, and children were few and far between.

I remember the school itself was an odd structure, used for various things, and class was one of them. I can only describe it as a wood and straw roof, on stilts, with a type of canvas floor covering.

Lessons weren't the same here as they were in organized societies, we didn't have the privilege of textbooks and mathematical instruments, or any of the other apparatus found in normal schools.

We simply learned the things that would become useful to us in our everyday lives, although i do remember we had a book each to write and draw in.

I remember about 5 or 6 of us sitting cross-legged in a circle on the floor, in the company of our teacher, who was called Anilah........

Anilah is teaching us how to milk a goat. There are 2 goats, and we have to split into 2 groups, I'm a bit scared of the goat, I don't like it's eyes, but I make an attempt at milking, and i'm very pleased with myself at the results
......and the lessons continued.......

Each of us children have a round piece of leather laid out in front of us, and we're each given what appears to be a metal spike and a large stone. We have to punch small holes around the outside of the leather by hitting the spike with the stone, and then Anilah hands out a kind of metal hoop with a ring at the end to each of us, which we have to thread through the holes in the leather. The end result is a kind of leather bag, bunched up at the top around the hoop, and I believe this was used to carry small quantities of water or milk
This post and discussion is continued in the thread Education and past lives

I don't remember being treated for an illness, but yesterday I laid down in my bed and closed my eyes to meditate. I soon felt something tickling my face, and when I opened my eyes, I found myself lying in a different bed, and in different surroundings. The tickling was being caused by long hair partially covering my eyes and face.

I immediately became aware that I was burning hot, and I felt incredibly weak. My hair was clammy, and some of it was stuck to my forehead.

I turned my head and I could see a young man kneeling at my bedside. He was holding my hand in both of his, and was repeatedly kissing it. Then he brushed my hair back away from my eyes, and wiped my brow and neck with a damp cloth from a wooden bowl of water next to the bed.

I can only vaguelly recall my surroundings. I could see over the young mans' shoulder, a fierce log fire burning away at the other end of the room.

I didn't feel as though I was dying, but I felt very sick with this fever, and the young man was doing his best to make me feel comfortable.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Old time medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back