Jasmine And Her 'Camel'

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Angelcat, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Your welcome Angelcat :)

and yes please keep us updated - little Jasmine has so distinct memories and it will be interesting what's coming next - have you told her mother about the forum?

Clivia

2. littlebug

littlebug New Member

Hi Angelcat,

I was just telling my husband about Jasmine -- he was in the US Air Force in the late 70s and was stationed in Greece with RAF pilots, so he knows a little about this subject. Regarding Jasmine's blimp comment: he said that blimps were used on bombing missions in WWI (that was news to me). He also said that Jasmine's comment that "you never give them your name or number" is dead-on accurate; this is to prevent information from falling into the hands of the enemy. It would be interesting to see whether Jasmine might give a name if you could convince her that you're a "good guy"...?

Fascinating case! :)

Beth

3. ~Ophelia~

~Ophelia~ New Member

Hi Angelcat,

What an interesting little girl Jasmine is! Thank you for sharing what she has said to you. It's cases like this that bring me back here. :) I hope you keep us posted on updates. I am all ears.

4. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Thanks for the validating information, Beth! :)

Karoliina

5. Angelcat

Angelcat Senior Registered

Hi Everybody,

Clivia - I haven't told Jasmine's mother about this forum because I have already established that she thinks anyone who believes in reincarnation is definately a few sandwiches short of a picnic! Obviously, I respect her views. As we all know, there are plenty of people who feel the same way as she does.

I have to be careful too that I abide by the rules of the nursery. I am on good terms with the other staff and parents and obviously want to keep it that way.

Thank you Littlebug and your hubby for that info about name and number. I was planning to research that one and you have saved me the trouble.

As for "It would be interesting to see whether Jasmine might give a name if you could convince her that you're a "good guy"...?" Darn it! How am I going to achieve that! :D

Actually, I have been thinking about the best way to convince Jasmine that she is ok telling me her name if she does, in fact, remember it. I don't want to put any pressure on her to reveal it if she feels unhappy about that. On the other hand, I would love to have a name to check out with Royal Air Corps records. Wish me luck!

Ophelia - I am delighted that this thread is bringing you back here. Indeed, I am grateful for everyone's interest and input. There would be very few people I could share this sort of thing with if this forum didn't exist.

Angelcat :)

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Well it's a good thing that Jasmine has somebody that she can talk to about her memories, and who understands. It doesn't do a child any good to have their memories dismissed as imagination. Jasmine is a lucky girl to have you, I hope that you can keep in contact with her when she leaves the nursery. - ;)

7. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Hi Angelcat

absloutly understood that you did not tell her mother - yes there are many who don't believe in reincarnation - and that's fine - they will come to it sooner or later - maybe as late as in another life :) - and there is no sense of forcing reincarnation or anything else for the matter onto anybody - there is this old saying 'when the student is ready the teacher will appear'

I also understand that you are carefull in the nursery - as Chris said Jasmine is a lucky little girl that she can talk to you - and it is in evrybodys interest not to jeopardise that - and certainly you don't want to risk your job.

that is definetly such an interesting thread - so lets hope for many updates:)

Clivia

8. Angelcat

I thought before I go off to bed, I'd share with you all one of Jasmine's drawings of her bi-plane:Angelcat :)

Jasplane1.jpg

/monthly_2008_01/Jasplane1.jpg.7ebd59da574b83d0f5de37520964ab13.jpg

9. Clivia

Clivia Senior Registered

Thank you Angelcat :)

that's a remarkable picture of a three year old ! - wow

Clivia

10. ChrisR

Cute picture Angelcat, thanks for sharing it - :D

11. Reynardine

Reynardine Senior Registered

Allow me to chime in with the others, Angelcat - this really is a cute picture with some very telling details (such as the spars between the upper and lower wing, that's how they looked in Sopwith Camels). Hardly something a small child would make up!

12. ChrisR

Hi Angelcat,

Do you have access to the internet at the nursery? I was thinking maybe you could download a picture of the Camel, either on it's own, or along with some other planes, then print them off and show them to Jasmine, see if she points to the Camel, or observe her reaction. Maybe you could do the same thing with the zeppelin, or the village in Ireland that she mentioned?

I realize that you may be reluctant to push all of this too far as Jasmine is only a child in your care, and her mother doesn't believe in reincarnation, but it's just a suggestion. I thought it would be interesting to see how she reacts.

13. Angelcat

Yes, Jasmine is very good at drawing and painting and it is something she very much enjoys. Her father teaches art at local evening classes for adults and belongs to the local art club, so I think she gets plenty of encouragement and practice at home. The nursery she attends places considerable emphasis on creative activities and Jasmine also exhibits a talent with materials such as dough, plasticine and clay.

I know! When I first saw her draw one, I was in no doubt that it was a bi-plane even though I knew nothing about them. Every time she draws anything she tries very hard to get the details right. She will screw up pictures that she thinks are not good and start again. The one I posted here is the one she is most proud of and calls, "My best one." She now has it at home on her bedroom wall and gave me permission to copy it before she took it home.

I have done this, Chris. I printed off a photo of a Sopwith Camel and showed it to her a while ago. She was delighted and asked to keep it. There was little doubt in my mind, at the time, that she recognised it or at least this type of plane.

I will show her some other planes, maybe from WWII and the present day, to see if she shows the same interest in them - thanks for the suggestion.

I have also shown her an old black and white photo of a zeppelin and her face fell. She seems to associate them with her pictures of broken houses. This makes perfect sense because from what I have read the Germans sent them on dark, moonless nights across the English Channel from bases in Belgium. When they were close to the coast, they cut the engines so that they floated silently inland to drop their bombs on London. Over 500 innocent civilians were killed as they slept in their beds. Fortunately, being largely a giant gas bag, zeppelins proved easy to destroy and the Germans stopped making them.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

Angelcat :)

14. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thank You for sharing Angelcat, I have been reading along. ;)

15. Angelcat

I have been meaning to update this thread for ages but just haven't had time until now. I also like to research things thoroughly which also takes up a lot of time. Anyhow, I have been keeping notes of anything new Jasmine has said and hope you will find this update of interest.

Over the past year, on suitable occasions, I asked her again what her name was when she had her Camel plane and she finally gave me a first name only. She did not seem to remember what her surname had been. It is worth mentioning that the name she came up with is very rare today and therefore less likely to be a name she had simply heard somewhere. My exhaustive research suggests that a certain British WW1 pilot with that first name, who flew a Sopwith Camel and was shot down over woodland, might be a possibility. I have decided not to mention his name here partly to protect the privacy of any family of his and partly because I cannot be sure that he is connected with Jasmine's past.

You will recall that Jasmine could sing some of "It's A Long Way To Tipperary". Well, back just before Christmas, she spent the day with me while her mum and grandma went Christmas shopping. I took her to a website I had found earlier that features old WW1 songs. I was interested to see whether she recognized any others apart from A Long Way To Tipperary....she did, especially a song called Goodbye-ee, which she tryed to sing along with several times. She also showed a marked emotional reaction to Keep The Home Fires Burning and told me she didn't want to hear that one. I asked if that one made her feel sad. She said, "Yes, it makes me feel wobbly." Here is a link to the site that has these songs if you wish to hear them yourselves:

http://www.ww1photos.com/WW1MusicIndex.html

scroll down and click on Keep The Home Fires Burning and Goodbye-ee sung by Courtland & Jeffries.

Last summer, we took the children on a trip to the seaside and on the coach on the way home, Jasmine was sitting next to me, cuddled under my arm, half asleep. All of a sudden, one of the boys noticed a light plane heading for a small local airport and shouted, "Look, an aeroplane!" With her eyes still closed, Jasmine said, "Let's hope it's not a Gotha." Unfortunately, one of the other staff, who was sitting immediately behind us, heard her and asked, "Let's hope it's not a...what?" I told her that Jasmine had said "Gotha" and that it was the name of an old German wartime plane. She commented, "That child does say some odd things." Knowing Jasmine had heard this, I bent down close to her ear and whispered, "You don't say odd things, sweetheart. You just talk about things you remember, don't you?" She nodded. I also assured her that the plane was not a Gotha and that we were all safe. I also whispered that she only needed to remember happy things now and that she could leave all the sad and scarry things behind and forget them.

Since then, Jasmine has only drawn a biplane once and no further 'broken houses' or 'gas bimp' pictures. Her mother told me some time ago that her nightmares had stopped as well. I see this as evidence that she is indeed leaving sad memories behind and becoming more focused on her present life. She appears a very happy little girl who is currently looking forward to the birth of a sibling.

This post is continued below.....

16. Angelcat

However, more recently, Jasmine's mother said, "I know you talk with Jasmine about these stories she makes up about flying a plane and *bombs landing on people's houses. Has she ever mentioned or have you ever talked to her about or shown her pictures of a mangle?" I asked her if she meant an old fashioned clothes wringer and she nodded. I said no and asked her why. "Well, last week, the washing machine broke down...it wouldn't spin the clothes, I was waiting for the repair man to arrive and Jasmine suggested that I should get a mangle. I told Jasmine that I had no idea what she was talking about. Later, she drew me a picture of one so that I would know what kind to buy! When I told my own mother, she said she remembered that her mother had one when she was a small child and explained to me what is was. What I can't understand is how Jasmine has apparently seen one and knows what it is called. It doesn't make any sense." Because I know Jasmine's mum worries about what she considers to be the strange things her daughter sometimes comes out with and won't consider the possibility that she has recall of things from an earlier lifetime, I thought quickly and suggested that Jasmine had seen a mangle at a local museum that we (the staff at the nursery school she attends) had taken the children to visit a few months earlier. She was noticeably relieved! A few days later, I talked to Jasmine about the matter and asked her to draw me a mangle. See below her picture (my first thought was that it looked like a cherry-topped cake on legs accompanied by a hotcross bun!) Jasmine gave me permission to show it to my friends.After some searching on the internet, I found the photo below of an old mangle on legs that seemed to be the closest one to her picture and which Jasmine got excited about when she saw it. Bless her, she also suggested to me that we might buy one from Marks & Spencer! She was disappointed when I told that no one makes them anymore. By he way, mangles, also called wringers, were invented in 1880 and were widely used by housewives until the spin dryer arrived on the scene.Re *"bombs landing on people's houses" mentioned by Jasmine's mother, I found this interesting because Jasmine had never said this to me. If you look back an earlier post of mine on this thread, you will see that when she drew the 'broken houses' picture she told me that the houses were broken because the sky fell on them. Perhaps at the time, she didn't know how else to describe bombs being dropped from above. It is also worth mentioning that a number of large bombing raids on England were carried out in 1917 by Gotha planes. If I have anything new to share in the future, I promise I will try not to leave it so long again before giving an update. hug3.gif to everyoneAngelcat :)

Jasminesmangle-1.jpg

mangle-1.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/Jasminesmangle-1.jpg.f6afc502d519a09158dec9ff05f5cd2e.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/mangle-1.jpg.2308dcc851d67a3bc4f145b4aab05b51.jpg

17. ChrisR

Thanks for the update Angelcat :thumbsup:

I enjoyed looking through this thread again, and the picture that Jasmine drew was very interesting, it clearly matches the accompanying photo.

Anyway, I'm glad that she's happy and not being bothered by those memories at all, please do keep us updated if she says any more.

Chris :)

18. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Thank you for the update and sharing the photos! I'm glad she's doing better now. I too work with children, so I always keep an ear out for something that would suggest a past life.

19. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Wow, what an amazing thread! And what an amazing artist Jasmine is. That is definitely a Sopwith Camel and a mangle she drew. I'm glad you're encouraging her to draw these kinds of things, not only is it fascinating but I'm sure it also helps her to integrate and get validation for these memories.

20. Zengirl

Zengirl New Member

Thank you Angelcat for bringing us Jasmine's story and updating it as she grows! As soon as I read "Camel" and Plane in the same sentence knew it was a Sopwith Camel from Charlie Brown cartoon drawings! Snoopy sits on his doghouse pretending it's his WWI Sopwith Camel and he's wearing his WWI Ace helmet, scarf and goggles. :)

here (Deborah edited "here".)

I don't know how to hide the addy and use a word like "Here" so if someone knows and wants to help me --jump in! Otherwise, just click on the addy given. Keep the updates coming! :thumbsup:

~Zengirl